2016 NHK Trophy Free Dance | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Free Dance

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Well, I have some difficulties to believe if they give a score don't know the personal ranking they are given to the athlete.
How do you explain the score of the judges of the same country of the athletes? They know if they give higher scores will help.
I'm not a judge is only my opinion after seeing several results. This year we know again the countries of the judges, and you have to agree something strange happen, and i'm not talking particularly about Ice dance. Happen in all categories.

Yes, you're are right some judges do not know their job very well.

You may not have meant to be negative but your words didn't imply your intention.

As I've said, some judges can be harsh and some lenient. I am not saying they don't have bias. I'm saying that it's hard to believe they would purposely rank all the skaters. Can you imagine trying to do that at Worlds with 38 ladies? Gotta wish them good luck with that. What's more accurate to say is that judges have preferences and may mark accordingly when it comes to those skaters.

Thanks for the info Heleng! Next week will be fun.

Last edited:

heavy

Rinkside
You already said that, in the other hand I said I'll be more careful in the future. But I think this is not enough, because you still say the same over and over.
I already get it, Mango.

You may not have meant to be negative but your words didn't imply your intention.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
You already said that, in the other hand I said I'll be more careful in the future. But I think this is not enough, because you still say the same over and over.
I already get it, Mango.

You keep making some assumptions about what I've understood, so I explained to you what exactly I understood. That's all. Let's move on now.

heavy

Rinkside
I'm sorry Mango but you know how to be rude.
I explain that I wrote was not with the negativity you put. I accept the phrase can have your interpretation, and add I will be more careful. I supposed you understand I don't meant not be respectful.
When I saw someone asking I said that already explain. I assume, yes, I assume you understand since I don't have the intention. But now I see you don't believe in me. Ok by me, believe I'm a bad person, I want to speak against a couple that I'm a fan. I don't care.
I'm out.
Be happy the way you are.
Bye
You keep making some assumptions about what I've understood, so I explained to you what exactly I understood. That's all. Let's move on now.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm sorry Mango but you know how to be rude.
I explain that I wrote was not with the negativity you put. I accept the phrase can have your interpretation, and add I will be more careful. I supposed you understand I don't meant not be respectful.
When I saw someone asking I said that already explain. I assume, yes, I assume you understand since I don't have the intention. But now I see you don't believe in me. Ok by me, believe I'm a bad person, I want to speak against a couple that I'm a fan. I don't care.
I'm out.
Be happy the way you are.
Bye

:agree:

Winnie

Rinkside
How about I put it this way. Rossig, you're a nice poster, but you aren't much better than everyone else. How does that make you feel? This statement is not worded positively, which I what I was pointing out.

If I had to say something like this I would say: Team X is a great team. We are seeing a lot of teams of great calibre this season. It's turning out to be one of the best seasons for watching ice dance because of how many comparatively competitive teams there are. GPF is really a toss up, it's tough to say who'll medal.

Or something like that.

But I didn't think people only had to say positive things on here? And I think a little generosity of spirit on your part towards a non native speaker could go a long way in making you feel better about it. People are allowed to think (and also say!) Virtue and Moir are not the best team by the way, just because they won one competition. People question the results of almost every single competition. It's the nature of a judged sport like this one.
Delurking just to say this, because this conversation and your attempts to police heavy's feelings and thoughts have been quite troubling.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
After reading all the negative comments about V/M the only question I ask myself is would there be as many posts looking for flaws in the judging of the French Team if it had been the Shibs who defeated them? Or would most posters be so happy that the Shibs won that they wouldn't even think twice about the judging!
As someone else mentioned before that the negative posts surrounding any CAN skater that wins a medal is astounding.

Wow! Guess I must have missed all those negative posts about Canadian skaters. If you want negative, go read what has been said about Gracie Gold. She has been picked apart to shreds. I think most are questioning the big difference in scoring. But that happens all the time on here, so why the whining about anti Can.

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
Delurking just to say this, because this conversation and your attempts to police heavy's feelings and thoughts have been quite troubling.

I also was bothered by what at times seemed an attempt to police heavy's opinions.

It hurts to hear criticism of our favorites. Exercising our own freedom of expression to disagree with that criticism is perfectly appropriate. Browbeating another poster in an effort to stifle opinions we don't like, is not. And it can be easy to drift over the line.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I apologize if that came off as 'browbeating'. I mentioned I didn't get the intent of what heavy was saying. But in pointing that out I was also told I was some how deifying VM... Not sure I followed all the logic presented. As has been discussed there were some misunderstandings. heavy feel free to post as you wish! I will try not to read your posts in any other way than you have presented them. :)

dcnative

On the Ice
I love the style that P/C are bringing to the ice now; the simplicity and technical ability appeals to me. I'm glad that they got the wake up call at this competition. Not just them, but also their coach, Haguenauer (who must be a vampire because the man hasn't aged since he was skating for France). I think this will be what they need to be fierce competitors which is a skill that I think they need to develop. I recall their FD from 2013 at TEB when Cizeron made multiple mistakes. He took it hard and cleaned himself up and we haven't seen that type of skating since from him.

Unfortunately, the unfair scoring in this GP series has really turned off my love of Ice Dancing, which was really the last discipline I had interest in. I really don't understand how the competitors stay motivated. I hope everyone skates their best and is properly rewarded for it.