2017 Canadian Nats General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats General Info

Kypma

Final Flight
Parking at TD place

For those of you at TD place, or heading there tomorrow (Saturday)... there is no more parking available to pre-purchase online, so are some of you planning on getting there early and hoping for the best, or will you take public transit?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
transit is free if you show your ticket for the event... however, good luck going back... going in was easy... but buses were full on the way back so I just walked

anyanka

Record Breaker
Hi all! I'm late to this but I'm planning for next year's Canadian nationals. Since I haven't been to one of these, can someone give a ballpark estimate on how much I can expect to pay for tickets for next year? I'm looking at all-event seats and aiming for the finals in each discipline. I've signed up with SC to get notifications for the 2018 nationals but just want an idea as I've been tasked to buy the tickets for a bunch of my friends (yikes!).

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hi all! I'm late to this but I'm planning for next year's Canadian nationals. Since I haven't been to one of these, can someone give a ballpark estimate on how much I can expect to pay for tickets for next year? I'm looking at all-event seats and aiming for the finals in each discipline. I've signed up with SC to get notifications for the 2018 nationals but just want an idea as I've been tasked to buy the tickets for a bunch of my friends (yikes!).

I went in 2008 (2009?) when it was last in Vancouver. They had a weekend ticket that covered all 4 free skates and the gala. It was very reasonably priced. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I think around around $100. There is inflation to consider, and they may have raised their prices or restructured what types of tickets they sell. That package was the best bargain, and was plenty of skating for me and too much for my daughter.

If they have that package and you have a group of people, you could buy the package and split the tickets up so some people went to some sessions and some went to others.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Hi anyanka!

Looking at this press release for the 2017 Nationals I got the following info:

All-Event ticket packages will include all senior competitions as well as all novice and junior events which will take place earlier in the week. This ultimate ticket package will allow fans to experience all levels of Canadian skating during the week long event. Fans will be able to choose from four levels of all-event ticket packages that are priced at $120, $160, $200, and $300, plus applicable surcharges.

New this year, the championships will have a Super Fan Section! This section includes the first three rows of the arena, allowing fans to be closest to the action. All fans purchasing tickets in this section will receive a deluxe super fan kit, which will include a special super fan name badge, Skate Canada scarf, hand held Canada flag and baseball-style cards featuring the National Team, all packaged together in a stylish reusable bag. All-event ticket packages in the Super Fan Section which includes the deluxe super fan kit are priced at $300, plus applicable surcharges.

Have fun in Vancouver and please share your experience with us. It's gonna be a great event!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I went in 2008 (2009?) when it was last in Vancouver. They had a weekend ticket that covered all 4 free skates and the gala. It was very reasonably priced. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I think around around $100. There is inflation to consider, and they may have raised their prices or restructured what types of tickets they sell. That package was the best bargain, and was plenty of skating for me and too much for my daughter.

If they have that package and you have a group of people, you could buy the package and split the tickets up so some people went to some sessions and some went to others.

Thank you so much! I see another note below so I think you're right with the inflation. Question: whereabouts did you sit for that price point?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Hi anyanka!

Looking at this press release for the 2017 Nationals I got the following info:

Have fun in Vancouver and please share your experience with us. It's gonna be a great event!

Thanks so much for this, I didn't even see the press release. I'm unsure if I'm a super fan but I do know a number of people here who flat-out despise certain skaters so maybe I'll meet them all and share anecdotes of how nice they actually are. ;)

In all seriousness this is very exciting and a great way to see the event, we don't get much out west but next year we get nationals AND the 2018 GPF! Two in the same year, it's been too long since 2010WOG.