2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Issues. But I still like the program. All power and no silly lovely dovey stuff.

Eric is a ridiculously good looking man.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Duhmael/Radford

This is the worst I've ever heard a Seal song sound. I... don't know that this song works with rink acoustics. They should have gone with Crazy. They still should- the choreo is generic enough that they should have no problem switching out songs. Mistake on the throw. Impressive tech

bobbob

Medalist
That seemed very safe, yeah. I thought 3Lz may have been UR from Meagan, also lift was rather slow on top of fall on axel.

Kirei

On the Ice
Yea whether it's the arena or just their music arrangement, it's not nice to listen to.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Duhmael/Radford

This is the worst I've ever heard a Seal song sound. I... don't know that this song works with rink acoustics. They should have gone with Crazy. They still should- the choreo is generic enough that they should have no problem switching out songs. Mistake on the throw. Impressive tech

It didn't sound this bad to me at Skate Canada (I was there)... same song, right? Anyway, that sounded so terrible it was difficult for me to enjoy this time.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
that's because the dutch are rocking the speed skating...

It is because all your good skaters go into long track.

Bah piffle. I never understood the appeal of that. :noshake:

Best Kiss&Cry of all the GPs this season, it's gorgeous:luv17:

Quoted for truth, oh my gosh it's so pretty! This totally reminds me why I'm so eagerly looking forward to Tokyo 2020. I hope to see crazy gorgeous decorations, medal ceremonies, ladies in stunning kimonos etc. :luv17:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow, I hope we don't have to deal with these rink acoustics all weekend... :hpull:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bloody hell, I missed Meagan and Eric! My ability to do basic math in order to figure out when a competition starts in a different time zone has been lacking these past few weeks.

Layback11

Record Breaker
3. Mari Vartmann/Ruben Blommaert, GER

Music: They Don't Care About Us

Costumes: both in black with gold...ribbon things? Piping? Crossed around the bodices

Elements:
3Tw-very crashy
3T
Lift
3STh
BODS-nice and smooth
SBS spins-they did death drops! My favorite! :yahoo:
StSq

I really don't like this music, but the sound system might be partly to blame for that. It makes the percussion in the music sound awful. Pretty clean. I like the choreography of this program. Oh, lovely, they're playing One Direction...:scowl:

Teh Skoarz: 61.23, 2/3

(It's kinda late. Please pardon my random and completely intentional spelling errors.)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT

MJ program. I like the costumes- it's the typical black, but with gold lapels and trim instead of the ususal silver sparkles. She's rocking the black lipstick. Off unison during the, well, everything.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
First time watching V/B's SP, and my first reaction is: this music... oh lord. They seem to have regressed from their Stranger in Paradise SP last year.

BTW is it just me or is the audience unusually quiet? I thought maybe it was the time slot but the arena looks to be decently full. Guess pairs is just not their thing?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:popcorn: :coffee: :giveup: Popcorn, Diet Coke, tissue for Kovtun-ing. Ready for 3 events...Love Eric and Megan's 3 Lutz!

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Always good to do an asset check before the program starts, Roman.

Good, but strangely sloppy on the exit from the death spiral and on the twist. I still hate this music.

Everyone in this flight was wearing black or black and grey.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Bloody hell, I missed Meagan and Eric! My ability to do basic math in order to figure out when a competition starts in a different time zone has been lacking these past few weeks.

Be sure to check out the time zone conversions on the original post of each competition thread..the math is done for you!