Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
25 - 27 Nov 2016
Sapporo Japan

Friday, November 25, 2016
19:05 UTC +9

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18&p11=33

Starting order
No.
NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Mikhail KOLYADA
RUS
2Deniss VASILJEVSLAT
3Nathan CHENUSA
4Keiji TANAKAJPN
5Jason BROWNUSA
Warm-Up Group 2
6Alexei BYCHENKOISR
7Ryuju HINOJPN
8Elladj BALDECAN
9Yuzuru HANYUJPN
10Grant HOCHSTEINUSA
11Nam NGUYENCAN

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Elladj BALDE
SP The Sound of Silence by Disturbed
LP Blood Diamond soundtrack by James Newton Howard
CAN
2Nam NGUYEN
SP Love Me or Leave Me by Sammy Davis Jr.; choreo by David Wilson
LP An American in Paris by George Gershwin; choreo by David Wilson
CAN
3Alexei BYCHENKO
SP Chambermaid's Swing by Parov Stelar; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
LP Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
ISR
4Ivan RIGHINI
SP You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban; choreo by Ivan Righini
LP Can't Help Falling in Love With You performed by Elvis Presley, Steamroller Blues performed by Elvis Presley, A Little Less Conversation performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, Barbara Riboldi, Ivan Righini
ITA
5Yuzuru HANYU
SP "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
LP "View of Silence" and "Asian Dream Song," (program is titled "Hope and Legacy"), by Joe Hisaishi; choreo by Shae Lynn Bourne
JPN
6Ryuju HINO
SP Artsakh by Ara Gevorkian; choreo Natalia Bestemianova, Igor Bobrin
LP Quidam (from "Cirque du Soleil") by Benoit Jutras; choreo Natalia Bestemianova, Igor Bobrin
JPN
7Keiji TANAKA
SP Spring in Buenos Aires (last season's program)
LP Amarcord by Rudy Brown and his Orchestra
JPN
8Deniss VASILJEVS
SP Voodoo Child by Stevie Ray Vaughan
LP The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, recomposed by Max Richter
LAT
9Mikhail KOLYADA
SP Nightingale Tango; Foxtrot by John Gray, Matvei Blanter(Foxtrot music from the Soviet cartoon "Wait, Hares!" (Nu Pogodi)); choreo by Olga Klyushnichenko (last year's program)
LP La reve de la fiancee (from "La fiancee aux yeux de bois") by Jean Marc Zelwer
A la lune (from "La Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Olga Klyushnichenko
RUS
10Jason BROWN
SP "Writing's on the Wall" by Sam Smith from James Bond - Spectre soundtrack; choreo by Rohene Ward
LP The Piano soundtrack by Michael Nyman ("Big My Secret" and "The Scent of Love"); choreo by Rohene Ward
USA
11Nathan CHEN
SP Le Corsaire by Adolphe Adam; choreo by Marina Zoueva
LP “Polovtsian Dances” (from Prince Igor) by Alexander Borodin; choreo by Nadia Kanaeva
USA
12Grant HOCHSTEIN
SP Due Tramonti (SP from last season)
LP Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo; choreo by Peter Oppegard
USA

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ivan Righini is out...

Good luck to Alexei Bychenko, Deniss and Elladj. I would love to see Bychenko qualify to the final and spoil it for some others who shall remain nameless ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Ivan Righini is out...

Good luck to Alexei Bychenko, Deniss and Elladj. I would love to see Bychenko qualify to the final and spoil it for some others who shall remain nameless ;)
u read my mind:agree::laugh:

I do send my love & support to Alex:clap: joy to watch

really such lovely line up of positive guys! Misha, Nam, Alex, Deniss, Jason, Yuzu!
Basically all of them!:luv17: I cant chose:tantrum::tantrum:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Ivan Righini is out...

I had the same thought on Alexei. If that indeed happens, the achievement would make him write history for Israel after Chait & Sakhnovski in dance who have been the only Israeli GPF qualifiers so far. Though I'm also rooting for Nathan to make it to GPF because I want to see quad battles between him and Shoma, especially on 4F. :)

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Ivan Righini is out...

Why? Is it because Tarasova said he is overweight?

da96103

Record Breaker
NHK Men's Event also known as Jason v Nathan's prelude to an afternoon of American Men's Skating.

da96103

Record Breaker
Yuzuru and his loop
We want a whoop loop
But he did a gloop boop
Yuzuru and his loop.

da96103

Record Breaker
Ivan Righini is out...

Bychenko would need to be at least second to qualify and he would spoil it for Nathan if Nathan does not win.

eg: 1-2-3-4: Yuzuru - Bychenko - Nathan - Jason or Yuzuru - Bychenko - Jason - Nathan

If Nathan wins and Bychenko is second, then he would spoil for whoever gets 4th.

eg 1-2-3-4: Nathan - Bychenko - Yuzuru - Jason or Nathan - Bychenko - Jason - Yuzuru

If Bychenko wins and Nathan is second, then Nathan would be tied with whoever that is 4th and one of them would lose on the second tiebreak.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
u read my mind:agree::laugh:

I do send my love & support to Alex:clap: joy to watch

really such lovely line up of positive guys! Misha, Nam, Alex, Deniss, Jason, Yuzu!
Basically all of them!:luv17: I cant chose:tantrum::tantrum:

Yes, this is such an unbelievably... cute and cheery line-up! I like basically every skater here, and down right love so many of them. I'm not sure yet how my nerves are supposed to survive this :laugh:

Just think of all the adorable possible podium combinations! And all the lovely cheering for each other! I want medals for at least the top 6 and all the podium selfies :love:

Good luck to every one!:cheer:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just realized that Grant is going to be there. I wonder if Caroline flew there as well. He was a member of the World Team last year and he didn't make a single list.....Did he pull out this event or, do people have no faith in him.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just realized that Grant is going to be there. I wonder if Caroline flew there as well. He was a member of the World Team last year and he didn't make a single list.....Did he pull out this event or, do people have no faith in him.

Grant is still going to be there as far as I know. After the tough time he had at Sk Can, I just couldn't rank him that high. He was dead last in the SP and I think 8/12 in the FS. And now he has switched back to his old SP, so we'll see how ready he is with that. I hope he has a much better competition this time around! Go Grant! :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Grant is still going to be there as far as I know. After the tough time he had at Sk Can, I just couldn't rank him that high. He was dead last in the SP and I think 8/12 in the FS. And now he has switched back to his old SP, so we'll see how ready he is with that. I hope he has a much better competition this time around! Go Grant! :)

Thanks Arriba, I didn't know Grant had competed this season. For some reason, I thought he was having a late start, similar to Polina. Well, now that I know that information, I just want Grant to skate well for himself.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Arriba, I didn't know Grant had competed this season. For some reason, I thought he was having a late start, similar to Polina. Well, now that I know that information, I just want Grant to skate well for himself.

I was there, and he had a rough skate - but Grant being Grant, he still kept his sense of humor. After his train wreck of an SP, when the announcer said "And now for the scores of Grant Hochstein" -- both he and Coach Peter Op were laughing, and Grant put his fingers in his ears as a joke. That was all he could really do I think, because it was pretty bad. He really became one of my favorites at Worlds with his wonderful FS, so I really wish him all the best. Hopefully we will see some improvement since SC.