Russian Nationals 2017 General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 General Info

hanca

Record Breaker
Yep, first substitute is Yatsenko...

I'm so sorry for Lipnitskaya...:sad46:

Me too! The question is how lng will be the Russian federation willing to wait, before they decide to write her off. Troubles with both her GP events and now the nationals...

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Lipnitskaya sustained the injury to the hip and lumbar as she slipped on the pavement on her return to training. Yulia bruised her hip joint and doctors diagnosed post-traumatic arthritis of the sacroiliac joint. The minimum duration of treatment in such injury ranges from 14 to 17 days. But I think she'll be ready for the Olympic season and Lipnitskaya can perform well as long as she is fit as she demonstrated in the short program. Sotnikova will also start preparing for the next season to qualify for the participation in the 2018 Olympic Games after skipping this season, according to the local media.

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
I actually have faith in Liza: she has skated well in Zagreb and she could even beat Radionova if she's clean or close to clean. I definitely consider her a potential dark horse for a spot for Euros/Worlds :cheer:

Seriously? She has been a disaster all season.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wouldn't go as fas as calling her a disaster, but I agree that this season she didn't have the jumps to be competitive within Russian ladies. Maybe it was a matter of consistency, maybe she has the jumps in practice and just couldn't deliver on the day when it counts, but that still prevents her having decent results. So I don't see her as the black horse of the nationals. But one never knows. Anything can happen.

Andriellyson

Rinkside
I think Liza needs better SP. 3T-3T comb puts her out from the top; by the way she's not a great spinner (she's good, just it!) and sometimes she seems lazy (coreo and spins), i don't know ... I think her FS is great and there's so much potencial, but she needs be perfect ... the fact is, she hasn't been like this.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can't wait to see Stolbova/Klimov!!!

I am looking forward too :dance3: I don't expect too much but they already had at least month (?) of joint training iirc so with their impressive athletic fundament they should finish in top 3 methinks. Can anyone elucidate me when exactly they both came back on the ice to skate together? I came across different reports.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Liza needs better SP. 3T-3T comb puts her out from the top; by the way she's not a great spinner (she's good, just it!) and sometimes she seems lazy (coreo and spins), i don't know ... I think her FS is great and there's so much potencial, but she needs be perfect ... the fact is, she hasn't been like this.

Which one you have in mind? Cleopatra or Peer Gynt BatLiza? :drama: You never know with her :biggrin: I see Tuktamysheva to beat Radionova, in svery good form (even without 3 axel) - Sotskova too.

Last edited:

MalAssada

Medalist
Yulia is out? :cry: We barely got to see her this season! It saddens me to see her constantly battling injuries right at a time she is already labeled a "goner" by many. As always, I wish her all the best, regardless of what she chooses to do.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Can't wait to see Stolbova/Klimov!!!

You bet!! New programme, new costumes :love: The Christmas timing and time difference doesn't really work for me, but I'll give it my best shot and hope to watch as much live as I can.

Can anyone elucidate me when exactly they both came back on the ice to skate together? I came across different reports.

As far as I know, they were back on the ice together on 15 November.

Last edited:

Andriellyson

Rinkside
Which one you have in mind? Cleopatra or Peer Gynt BatLiza? :drama: You never know with her :biggrin: I see Tuktamysheva to beat Radionova, in svery good form (even without 3 axel) - Sotskova too.

I absolutely love Peer Gynt there's a lot of personality and energy (coreo sequence) but i like cleopatra too. Like you said, you never know with her ... maybe she comeback to
batwannis beek :laugh: Well, I not sure about Liza can beat Radionova (obviously, Lena with clean FS) but with Sotskova, it's pretty possible. This competition will be so difficult there's so much great girls, I can't pick just one to cheer me up!!! But I so curious about Zagitova ... maybe she gets the podium (bronze medalist!?) ... And Gubanova, I hope she gets clean SP, like Volvo Cup ... HER FS :love:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I wouldn't go as fas as calling her a disaster, but I agree that this season she didn't have the jumps to be competitive within Russian ladies. Maybe it was a matter of consistency, maybe she has the jumps in practice and just couldn't deliver on the day when it counts, but that still prevents her having decent results. So I don't see her as the black horse of the nationals. But one never knows. Anything can happen.

She wasn't a disaster and most importantly for her, she had some cleanish SP's, which is a good sign IMO. IF she is 100% clean she might get the third spot to Europeans (nationals though was almost always a bad competition for her for some reason). Even though the results were not as good this season, I think mentally she is in a better place than last year.
I would love to see a team of Evgenia, Anna and Liza. Two World, GPF and European champions, and a World, GPF and European medalist :love:
Then again, I would also love to see Maria on the team. And I won't be surprised to see Elena with a bronze medal since I consider her to be one of the toughest competitor and pressure will be high at nationals.

lbamda

On the Ice
Perhaps Samodurova will in. Nugumanova has written that Samodurova goes to Russian Nationals.