My Problem with Michelle Kwan and Sarah Hughes | Page 4 | Golden Skate

My Problem with Michelle Kwan and Sarah Hughes

L

LAVENDER

Re: WHY MICHELLE KWAN IS THE BEST

I’m sorry but this is funny because everything elingrace talks about describes Sasha and not Michelle. How can you like Sasha feeling this way because this is Sasha to a “T”. I guess we will find anything to make us feel better. Ya don’t have to like Michelle but where’s the true facts in this.

J

Joesitz

Re: Well, I just had to...

Hey Yankees Suck - I like your user name. I think you too would post on that crazy forum some time ago. Please, easy on the Mets. It takes them time to realize they are going to be in last place unless they do something about it. (Aside: Can Boston do it this year?)

Back on topic: Yes, the only thing one can do with a celebrated skater is to nitpick. I don't believe that the nitpickers understand the basics of figure skating or they prefer not to mention them. They seem to center in only on 3/3s and even in doing that, the result is often incorrect. Best to avoid their posts. Absolutely meaningless.

Joe

M

mathman444

Joe and YankeeFan, The Tigers are 1-11 and in last place! The Red Wings are 1 game away from elimination in the first round!

Go Pistons.

MM

J

Joesitz

Mathman - Trust me, Yankees Sucks is not a Yankee Fan.

Joe

K

kwansong999

Re: re

freshandclean, id say probably 97 Skate Canada, fractured toe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YankeesSuck, :eek: :eek: :eek: I missed you so much! Hope all is well!

Joesitz, what exactly is wrong with that "other krazy board"!?!?! hmmm? ;) :lol:

Yep, its the off-season!! :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

P

Pather2000

<em>Joesitz, I toally agree with you. on the Nay-sayers. But, I try to understand them & not bash to hard on them myself. Because, the fact is. Jealousy, Michelle had a bad year last year. & Kind a gave tossed her Gold Medal from SLC up in the air last year. & Sarah was able to catch it. But, after that. Michelle was suppose to go into a corner & Hide for the rest of her life. & Everyone was suppose to foget or disregard what she has done not only for US Skating but the entire Sport after that Mess with Tonya & Nancy. She was supose to hide. To make room for the Jumping Beans that are cropping up. Yeah Yeah,:rolleyes: So & So can do a 3/3 or a 3 Axel. But, they hope that the people who actually have knowledge of the sport would over look the fact that their skaters lack any or almost all kinds of presentation. Outside of Sasha( who still needs major work on certain thing with her She still has that Look what I can do tutde when she skates).

I think that they also fail to realize or again, hopes that other fans will over look that. What Dick Button stated after worlds was over. Yeah Michelle did not have a 3/3 But, she was still able to win regardless. being able to do a 3/3 is great but, there has to be more there. The great thing with Michelle was even when she did do her 3/3/'s ( & Yes, she did do them until she fracture her foot) she had a wonderful program. ALot of the Up & Comers don't have that. They are just working on the Jumping part. & I think Sarah is to blame for that( NOT HER FAULT) Parents, Coaches & Skaters saw how she went from 4th to 1st at SLC. But, again over looking that Michelle & Irina & Sasha gave it away.

The Ladies I see are trying to follow in the Mens footsteps. But, Like the Men Only a few ( Plush & Yags) are truly complete skaters. Though, Alexei has Plush beat by 100 miles on the Presentation part:D ;)

Just because, someone can do a 3/3 doesn't mean that they win. & In order to beat a CLEAN skated Michelle program. THeir skater better do maybe more than 1 3/3/ & Have a GREAT Artistic Program that is skated with SOUL.

& in regards to Yankees Suck. I remeber you from the other board:lol:

I won't take offense by your signature. Being from NY I am a Major Yankee Fan. How about my Yankees so Far. Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know that it is early. But, they play great for a club celebrating their Centennial Birthday this season:D :D :D
Speaking of Jealous fans. Yankees Suck:lol: :lol: Just kidding.
</em>

J

Jules Asner

Joe, Boston will never win a World Series. The best they will do is be in the lead in a game 7, bottom of the ninth at home with 2 outs, 2 strikes and then they'll blow it, the other team will come back and the curse of Ruth will be upon them again.

Question: Why do the Yankees keep signing sucky ex-gross-Mets players? Todd Zeile for instance? I hope they've at least given him a cootie shot so he does not infect the rest of the team with his Metness which will surely cause them to start losing games at a rapid pace.

Why do people hate the Yankees - because they're so good and they are constantly beating your favorite team, right? They have fans and recognition around the world and are always being called "the best". Probably the same reason so many people cannot stand La Kwan - pure jealousy.

L

LAVENDER

I missed ya YS. I'm glad to see you on any board. It would have been great to have you on board during Worlds.

S

sk8cynic

It's not necessarily jealousy (although in some cases it might be). It's not that people want strictly for MK to lose. It goes back to the whole thing I think Red Dog was trying to say back in February in that it would be nice to see someone else's smiling face on the podium for a change.

T

thvudragon

If someone want to be ontop of that podium, all they have to do is win. It is in all of them. SC could have won Nats, but she made careless errors. She could have won worlds too if she didn't fall a total of 3 times at Worlds.

TV

P

Pather2000

<em>Juls Asner. You got that right on Boston. They always seem to find a way to loose.

But, I do agree with you. If you win too much then people start to hate & root for you to loose. Michelle K & the Yankees.

Don't worry about Mets 2nd rate players. They are just here until our Rookie 3rd baseman is ready to go. </em>

J

Joesitz

Jules - I believe Boston is the team of Yankees Suck. I'm a card carrying Mets fan. I think both teams get each others worst players.

Why do we hate the Yankess and Michelle? Jealousy, of course, but also boredom. It does get to you sometime but then as thruvdragon posted, one has to win to get the gold.

Joe

H

heyang

Off topic

Hey - I'm a Yankee fan, too. I have fun giving my cousin grief - he's a Mets fan.

Y

Yankees Suck 01

Re: Off topic

I really had to laugh when I read this thread because some how it turned into a subject about me and my user name:eek:
That can only lead to trouble.

JoeSitz,
Yes I hate the Yankees and it isn't jealousey. I don't hate the Lakers and they win all the time. I don't hate the Detriot Red Wings and they win all the time. I don't hate the Green Bay Packers and they win all the time. (I am a bigger Patriots and Celtics fan then I am a Red Sox fan so if I should hate anyone it should be the Lakers:)
There is something about the arrogance of the Yankee players and owners and most of their fans (not the nice people who posted in this thread though :) that gets on everyones nerves. Yes techincally I am a Red Sox fan but I root for any team that beats the Yankees. I have become a big Seattle Mariners fan over the last 8 years just for that fact :) :)

I can get how anyone winning all the time would get on any ones nerves. Of course I don't think the Yankees suck literally (obviously they wouldn't win as much if the sucked)

As for the Red Sox they are going to win it in 2004. (I have had this feeling for years lol. It has always gonna be 2004):lol:

Hi Lavender and Kwansong (my roomie:)

K

KwanFan1212

Re: Off topic

This conversation here is about two posts away from getting closed and/or moved to Off Topic as I can't even remember what originally started this thread! LOL :lol: I have absolutely NO problem at all with starting up a Baseball thread in Le Cafe if anyone else wants to join up. I am a born and bred Cincy Reds fan and also an Angels fan too so I would happily join up in a good baseball thread over there. :cool:

In fact, I think I will let my post be the last one here since this has gotten so off topic, but feel free to move all conversations regarding the Yankees, Redwings, any sports comparisons, screen names, whatever, over to Le Cafe. See you all there! ;)

And YS, GREAT to see you posting again. And I know I owe you an email, I haven't forgotten! LOL :lol: