Sapporo, Japan

Event Website
Livestream on Event Website
Livestream on Olympic Channel
Schedule & Results
Time Schedule (PDF)
ISU Calendar of Events
Announcement (PDF)​

Participation in the 8th Asian Winter Games 2017 is open to “Members” who possess both Olympic Council of Asia and ISU membership at the same time. Only citizens who possess a passport of the “Member” country they are representing can participate in this event and the participants must comply with the relevant requirements of the Constitution and Regulations of OCA (Article 50).

EXHIBITION

All the Gold Medalists of the 8th Asian Winter Games in Figure Skating will be required to participate in the Gala Exhibition which will be combined with the official Closing Ceremony of the 8th Asian Winter Games and held on Sunday, February 26, 2017 at the Makomanai Indoor Skating Rink.

Livestream
Schedule: https://livestreaming.sapporo2017.org/schedule/english.html

Thursday, 23 February
Friday, 24 February
Saturday, 25 February
Sunday, 26 February
The livestream is also available on the Olympic Channel:
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/tv/livestream-3/

Time Schedule as of 06.02.2017
Subject to Change

Current Local Time in Sapporo, Japan

Thursday, 23 February
15:10 Ice Dance SD
16:50 Ladies SP​

Friday, 24 February
14:20 Pairs SP
16:05 Ice Dance FD
18:05 Men SP​

Saturday, 25 February
15:00 Pairs FS
17:00 Ladies FS

Sunday, 26 February
12:00 Men FS
18:00 Exhibition & Closing Ceremony​

Last edited:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Team Philippines
  • Michael Christian Martinez
  • Jules Alpe
  • Shayanne Casapao
  • Samantha Cabiles
Source
29 athletes are set to represent the Philippines in the 2017 Asian Winter Games happening on Feb. 19 to 26 in Sapporo, the capital of the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.

This is the first time the country is sending such a big delegation to the quadrennial tournament, said Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) chairman Tom Carrasco.

23 of the 29 athletes are members of the ice hockey team, which won a Division 2 tournament in Hong Kong.

Award-winning figure skater Michael Christian Martinez is again representing the country after being only Filipino athlete at the 2014 Winter Olympics. This year, he will be accompanied by Jules Alpe, Shayane Casapao and Samantha Cabiles, who are also entered in the figure skating competition.

The other two competitors are Ryan Espiritu will see action in snowboarding, and Kathryn Magno who will compete in speed skating. Both athletes are based abroad.

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Australian athletes will compete as guests :hap10:

Australia to send 34 athletes to OCA's 8th Asian Winter Games Sapporo 2017

Australia is planning to send a 57-strong delegation to the Olympic Council of Asia’s 8th Asian Winter Games in Sapporo, Japan, next February.

The figure is comprised of 34 athletes and 23 team officials and technical staff, according to data sent by the Australian Olympic Committee to the Sapporo Asian Winter Games Organising Committee SAWGOC.

The OCA invited the Oceania National Olympic Committees to compete in Sapporo as guests, following an approach by the Australian Olympic Committee. The athletes from Oceania can enter individual sports only and will not be eligible to win medals.

So far, Australia has confirmed its entry, with New Zealand and a few other Oceania NOCs also said to be interested to send athletes to gain high-level winter sports experience, as winter sports are almost non-existent in the Oceania region.

Australia will compete in all individual sports except for ski jumping, with eight athletes in figure skating and seven in short track speed skating.

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Participating countries in Figure Skating (as of 09.02.2017)

East Asia
  • Japan
  • China
  • North Korea
  • Hong Kong
  • South Korea
  • Chinese Taipei
South East Asia
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Thailand
West Asia
  • United Arab Emirates
Central Asia
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Uzbekistan
South Asia
  • India
Oceania
  • Australia

Last edited:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Team Japan

Ice Dance
  • Kana Muramoto / Chris Reed
  • Ibuki Mori / Kentaro Suzuki

Pairs
  • Miu Suzaki / Ryuichi Kihara
  • Narumi Takahashi / Ryo Shibata

Ladies
  • Satoko Miyahara
  • Rika Hongo
Substitutes: Kaori Sakamoto, Kanako Murakami

Men
  • Shoma Uno
  • Takahito Mura
Substitutes: Ryuju Hino, Kazuki Tomono

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm so happy Rika will compete again after her unlucky result at Nationals! And the competition looks interesting with Uno, Miyahar and Mura: has it ever been considered a relevant one in singles? I can't remember any notable elite-level athlete taking part in the past...

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Team Republic of Korea

Men : Jinseo KIM, June Hyoung LEE

Ladies : Nahyun KIM, Dabin CHOI

Pairs : Kyu Eun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM, Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM

Ice Dance : Hojung LEE / Richard Kang In KAM

Last edited:

skaterfan123

Spectator
Uzbekistan is a late entrant into the Games. Only male (or just maybe one man) will compete. I'd assume this is Misha Ge?

tinnychan

On the Ice
Entries
Men
KERRY Brendan AUS
JIN Boyang CHN
YAN Han CHN
LEE Harry hau yin HKG
LEUNG Kwun hung HKG
RAMADHAN Dwiki eka INA
WILLIAM Sutrisna INA
PINGLE Nikhil mangesh IND
MURA Takahito JPN
UNO Shoma JPN
RAKIMGALIYEV Abzal KAZ
TEN Denis KAZ
KIM Jinseo KOR
LEE June hyoung KOR
CHEW Kai xiang MAS
JULIAN YEE ZHI JIE MAS
ALPE Jules vince PHI
MARTINEZ Michael christian PHI
LEE Meng ju TPE
TSAO Chih i TPE
GE Misha UZB

Ladies
CRAINE Kailani AUS
LI Zijun CHN
ZHAO Ziquan CHN
MA Maisy hiu ching HKG
SO Joanna HKG
AYINIE Nurul INA
PUTRI Tasya INA
HONGO Rika JPN
MIYAHARA Satoko JPN
MAMBEKOVA Aiza KAZ
TURSYNBAYEVA Elizabet KAZ
ISMAGULOVA Laura KGZ
NESTEROVA Aleksandra KGZ
KIM Nahyun KOR
PARK Soyoun KOR
AINA SORFINA BINTI MOHD AMINUD MAS
ANEETA LINGAM MAS
CABILES Samantha mary lynn PHI
CASAPAO Shayanne taylor PHI
ING Chloe SGP
YU Jessica SGP
LAMSAM Thita THA
RATTANADILOK NA PHUKET Promsan THA
LIN Amy jessica TPE
LARI Z UAE

Pairs
STEPHENS Paris AUS
DODDS Matthew AUS
PENG Cheng CHN
YU Xiaoyu CHN
JIN Yang CHN
ZHANG Hao CHN
SUZAKI Miu JPN
TAKAHASHI Narumi JPN
KIHARA Ryuichi JPN
SHIBATA Ryo JPN
KIM Kyueun KOR
KIM Su yeon KOR
KAM Alex kang chan KOR
KIM Hyungtae KOR
RYOM Taeok PRK
KIM Jusik PRK

Ice Dance
FRIEND Matilda AUS
BADAOUI William AUS
CHEN Hong CHN
WANG Shiyue CHN
LIU Xinyu CHN
ZHAO Yan CHN
KANDATHIPARAMBIL A IND
YAMA Anup kumar yama IND
MORI Ibuki JPN
MURAMOTO Kana JPN
REED Chris JPN
SUZUKI Kentaro JPN
LEE Hojung KOR
KAM Richard kang in KOR

The list should be not updated one...Miyahara and Park was still on the list...

North Korea will send a pairs in Asian Winter Games:eeking:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm still not a fan of sending Brendan to competitions so close together; it didn't work for him in 2015 with NHK-Aus Nats, it didn't work for him last year with 4CC-Nordics, so I'm not holding my breath for it to work this year.

Sending Kailani could prove to be a blessing in disguise, it will be telling to see how she bounces back from that free skate at 4CC.

It's great to see Paris and Matthew out and about again, I assume this was their consolation prize for missing 4CC by three tenths (and I won't be over that in a hurry so you lot might as well get used to my unhappy wailing on that front).

And Matilda and William have been skating well generally (fall in the SD at 4CC notwithstanding) so it's great to see them get an opportunity too.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Soyoun and Nahyun are going??? What is Korean Fed thinking, Soyoun posted week ago video of her landing double loop and Nahyun just withdraw from 4CC :hopelessness:

EDIT: Oh, just saw that Satoko is still there lol. No one freaking know who from S. Korea is going :disapp:
EDIT2: Former national figure skating champion Park So-youn pulled out of this month's Asian Winter Games Friday with an ankle injury. According to a KSU official, the Sapporo organizing committee said it will make a decision on an alternate by Saturday. Another South Korean skater who qualified for the Asian Games, Kim Na-hyun, is dealing with right ankle and thigh pains. She skated through her injuries to finish 17th in the short program at the Four Continents, and said she won't give up on the free skate or the Asian Games. http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/02/17/85/0200000000AEN20170217004500315F.html

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

How did you manage to get the Entry Lists?! I have been visiting the website umpteen times yesterday and today, and that page is still coming up with no names for me!

Right, I'll make out the Predictions thread based on your post. But, I'm going to get fed now, so it'll be about an hour or so before it is put up.

CaroLiza_fan

tinnychan

On the Ice
How did you manage to get the Entry Lists?! I have been visiting the website umpteen times yesterday and today, and that page is still coming up with no names for me!

Right, I'll make out the Predictions thread based on your post. But, I'm going to get fed now, so it'll be about an hour or so before it is put up.

CaroLiza_fan

Click Entries and you can select discipline, also, I cap my screen;)

VUvkJR0.jpg

erIThXB.jpg

5FqBxk1.jpg

jRIMc8R.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Click Entries and you can select discipline, also, I cap my screen;)

VUvkJR0.jpg

erIThXB.jpg

5FqBxk1.jpg

jRIMc8R.jpg

:palmf:

I didn't realise that those blue boxes were drop down menus! I thought they were just blue boxes :eek::

Right, I've got the Predictions Thread up now, and it can be found at:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?62952

Since the entry lists have appeared in good time, and there is livestreaming, I have just decided that this WILL be a scoring round.

Hey, it's a long time to wait until the next one, so we may as well recognise the good work the Japanese are doing!

CaroLiza_fan