Winter European Youth Olympic Festival 2017 | Golden Skate

Winter European Youth Olympic Festival 2017

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Last edited:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
According to the event website, there are 44 athletes from 30 countries but I can't find an entry list yet.

Sabine

On the Ice
A lot of countries will not participate due to the political situation in Turkey and because Erzurum is situated too close to Syria.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A lot of countries will not participate due to the political situation in Turkey and because Erzurum is situated too close to Syria.

Ah. Never thought of that. Yes, Erzurum is in a tricky part of the country given the current situation.

I'm sure the organisers will do everything the can to make things go smoothly and keep everybody safe.

Really wish they would get some form of entry lists out, even if they are just provisional. Because at this rate of going I can imagine me opening the predictions thread the day before the SP's! :drama:

Plus, there is something I really want to post about but can't until the entry list is released...

CaroLiza_fan

Nirti

Medalist

Yes I'm really surprised that the event is not cancelled...

Sabine

On the Ice
As far as I know for sure Austria is definitely not participating in figure skating (it would have been Sophia Schaller, for the mens competition I don't know). Germany is not going (it would have been Annika Hocke and Daniel Saposchnikov). And there are a whole lot more countries that will not go. So it will be a pretty small field for the competition.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Really didn't see this one coming - Russia is sending Alina here.

Petr Gumennik will be going too.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How did they decide to send Petr? I really like him, but I'm just curious because he was only 9th at Junior Nats and I wonder why they didn't give someone ranked higher the chance to go. Or maybe they did and the skaters declined.

The Finn

Record Breaker
How did they decide to send Petr? I really like him, but I'm just curious because he was only 9th at Junior Nats and I wonder why they didn't give someone ranked higher the chance to go. Or maybe they did and the skaters declined.

I am pretty sure none of them are egible here. Eligible skaters must have born between July 2000 and June 2002.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
It is official but use of substitute is still possible of course. In case she will change her mind about going to Turkey or something.
I tried looking, but couldn't find any official statement. If you don't mind, would you please provide a link?

Nathan13

Medalist
Ah. Never thought of that. Yes, Erzurum is in a tricky part of the country given the current situation.

I'm sure the organisers will do everything the can to make things go smoothly and keep everybody safe.

Really wish they would get some form of entry lists out, even if they are just provisional. Because at this rate of going I can imagine me opening the predictions thread the day before the SP's! :drama:

Plus, there is something I really want to post about but can't until the entry list is released...

CaroLiza_fan

What predictions game does this fall under?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What predictions game does this fall under?

The ISU Junior Predictions Game.

Basically, people wanted a predictions game for Junior Worlds, so rather than make out a spreadsheet and everything for just one event, I decided to throw the EYOF in with it.

I haven't put up the rules or anything for the Junior Game yet, as I am waiting to see when the Entry lists for the EYOF appear.

The plan was that this would be a non-scoring or "Just for fun" round, as I only started paying attention to the EYOF half-way through the last one, and so don't know if the organisers are any good at getting the information (like Entry lists) out there early.

However, if the Entry lists do come out in some sort of reasonable time before competition starts, I am considering making it a scoring round.

But, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland