Russian Junior Nationals 2017 General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Nationals 2017 General Info

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
In Dance the top are clear, L/D and S/S, but their will be a battle for 3rd. I really hope P/V get it, I love their R&J free dance. For the Men I expect it to be Aliev, Samarin and Petrov, but maybe not in that order. I'm surprised to see Petrov here, I think it's a bit of a regressive step for him.

He still skates like a junior with zero quads so why not, I guess. He's just treading water for the past 2 seasons with no technical improvement and no love from the judges, so I guess this is the only podium he has a chance at making.

hanca

Record Breaker
I would like one of the new junior pairs at junior worlds. One of those who didn't get JGP event. E.g. Osipova/Galliamov. Pity that Kudriavtseva/Simenenko can't compete at the junior nationals. Getting 161 point on their first competition, three months after they got togethre, that looks quite promising. They could do good at junior worlds, if they had a chance to qualify.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think there is TES for Junior Worlds as well as Senior

Yes, there is and not all of the Russian TOP skaters has minimum TES yet. However, there is still time and they can get TES after the Russian junior championships. For example Dragon Trophy or Bavarian Open would be a good event to get the minimum TES for Junior Worlds.

Some of the skaters who don't have the minimum TES yet

Ladies
Daria Panenkova
Anastasia Gulyakova

Men
Alexander Petrov

Pairs
Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin

Ice dance
Yana Buga / Georgiy Pokhilyuk

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Any news about participants, stream or whatever? This competition should be full of talents. Most competitive in the world. And so little information :(

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
According to fskate I suppose it's final list of competitors. But I saw at Eteri's group photo that Anna Sherbakova got hand injury. Maybe she will be replaced by another girl.

Ladies:

Victoria Vasileva
Anastasia Gubanova
Anastasia Gulyakova
Alina Zagitova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Ekaterina Kurakova
Alisa Lozko
Elizabeth Nugumanova
Daria Panenkova
Kseniya Pankova
Sophia Samodurova
Maria Talalaykina
Anastasia Tarakanova
Anna Tarusina
Alexandra Trusova
Alisa Fedichkina
Polina Tsurskaya
Anna Shcherbakova

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
It will be really bloodbath for only three spots. Hope that Angel, Polina and Zagitik will make it. But Dunya Panenkova, Gulyakina and Stanislava could be dangerous.

RadioFan

Match Penalty
According to fskate I suppose it's final list of competitors. But I saw at Eteri's group photo that Anna Sherbakova got hand injury. Maybe she will be replaced by another girl.

Ladies:

Victoria Vasileva
Anastasia Gubanov
Anastasia Gulyakova
Alina Zagitova
Stanislav Konstantinov
Catherine Kurakova
Alice Lozka
Elizabeth Nugumanova
Daria Panenkova
Kseniya Pankova
Sophia Samodurov
Maria Talalaykina
Anastasia Tarakanov
Anna Tarusina
Alexander Trusov
Alice Fedichkin
Pauline Tsurskaya
Anna Shcherbakova

curious naming, but anyways, wasnt Lozko banned for changing to Eteri?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
curious naming, but anyways, wasnt Lozko banned for changing to Eteri?

Yes, I forgot that someone said Alisa Lozko withdraw too. I know almost everybody except Maria Talalaykina and Kseniya Pankova. Now wonder who will be another two girls.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I miss the Kill-Bill girl in that list since she won NRW Trophy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXtW7UXNL8s

Oh yes! Hope that she will be in the list. Need to check Russian Cup stages 1-5, and calculate some results and points. Although, I remember The Finn mentioned somewhere a list with possible participants.

Found it:

Alena Kostornaya
Ekaterina Mitrofanova
Elena Pavlova

In the last season Kostornaya was on the top, but got injury and had to WD. But in that season she is very unstable. Mitrofanova continues to change by Eteri's magic, but anyway she is slow and sometimes she fall on her jumps. Pavlova is kind of beta version of Serafima by her coach Alina Pisarenko. Well...

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
OI don't think this is the updated list. I read somewhere, but I didn't pay much attention, that Mitrofanova will participate.

Yes. Alena Kostornaya, Ekaterina Mitrofanova and Elena Pavlova are first replacements.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
My wife was a bit disappointed when I told her that we go to St. Petersburg to see juniors - she wanted all the big names. Hope, she will be impressed by those juniors.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
At what disciplines are you going to attend?

We have tickets for both Saturday and Sunday. But I am not sure we are going to come on Sunday. There will pair and dance free and no gala. The highligt - junior ladies free skate - will be on Saturday sarting at 19-15. Lord Samarin vs. Dmitrij Aliev is another highlight.