GPF2016: Onsite Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

GPF2016: Onsite Reports

mrrice

Record Breaker
This segment of Patrick's LP has been posted. I wonder if there is a video of the run through practice.

Holy Cow!!! Violet, thank you so much for posting that clip. Even in a T-Shirt and dance pants he skates like a dream!. I want him to win so badly I can taste it. He's been a part of skating for so long and I love that his comeback has been as successful as it has been to this point. His fans around the world, myself included, are pulling for him to have another brilliant performance at this event. Even if he doesn't win, he'll build up even more momentum as he heads into Nationals and Worlds. Go Patrick!!! :cheer2:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The ice is very bad. My friend said:

"Time for a quick note. The ice is not freezing properly on one end. After the flood, it stays wet for at least another 10-15 min...and it should freeze up within a minute. I hope they adjust the temperature by tomorrow. A few skaters mentioned it already... Also, the Zamboni machine had some issues too!! This event is horribly run. For day 1 they only opened up a few bathrooms, and the bathrooms only have 1 toilet! Tomorrow they said they will open the other ones."

mrrice

Record Breaker

"Time for a quick note. The ice is not freezing properly on one end. After the flood, it stays wet for at least another 10-15 min...and it should freeze up within a minute. I hope they adjust the temperature by tomorrow. A few skaters mentioned it already... Also, the Zamboni machine had some issues too!! This event is horribly run. For day 1 they only opened up a few bathrooms, and the bathrooms only have 1 toilet! Tomorrow they said they will open the other ones."

If this were a lesser event, I'd tell them to deal with it. However, this is the climax to an entire season of skating and this is simply not acceptable. I'm sure the skaters will be able to handle it but, come on, they know how important this event is to the skaters and the popularity of the sport. They need this to be a great event, if for no other reason than TV Ratings.

shyne

Final Flight

Do you mean resurface? Either way it sounds bad.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

For a few skaters mentioned it, does your friend mean they mentioned it to the organizers? I really do hope it'll get fixed for the actual competition...

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol mess all around. The early skaters get soft slush while the later skaters will get soft melted slush.

They should just cancel it and throw a snow cone party :hb:

shyne

Final Flight
After the ice melt. It stays wet for very long. This isn't good for skaters at all.
That's horrible.

For a few skaters mentioned it, does your friend mean they mentioned it to the organizers? I really do hope it'll get fixed for the actual competition...

Same here. Esp since most spectators are not here yet. If no change, it's only going to be worse for the actual competition.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I was not sure whether the shiny patchin at the kiss & cry end was water or not, but I guess it was. It was very close to the border. Considering how cold it was at the rink today when it was less than 1/3 full, that does not promille good for the comp days...

The single invalid toilets were all at one end of the rink, people probably did not find the big set-ups behind J sections. So far things feel normal in my mind, although this is not the most viewer friendly rink and comp i've ever been to. The big cameras in the middle (for tv, not judges I suspect) what seems now on both sides not good at all. It is also a new place and ithe poor quality seats leave me surprised.

Plus languages... I speak 4 languages fluently, but none of them is french and this makes finding out about a bit difficult as you get mostly just french after very rudimetary english.

The scruffiness is based on big exit roads etc right next to the rink, modern buildings and warehouses, auto shop etc which be long to outskirts of european cities. As I said the city center is pictoresque, but small and outside it not always so nice...

E

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Savosin is up - SP

-skips all jumps
-Lsp
-nice StSq
-sit spin
-combo spin

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Savosin wears a pair of pink globe. Skirida looks much taller than before.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Hmm is that me or ice looks ok today ? :scratch3:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Skirda - baseball program? :laugh:

-starts with some steps
-then stops for a while
-continues back to StSq
-3Lz-3T (I do not like his air position)
-3Lo
-2A
-Lsp
-stops a bit til end of program

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Dmitri - make your girl proud of you!

-big difference in speed and quality from the previous ones
-3A titled - hand down
-stop a bit and marks a jump
-nice StSq (liking his movement)
-stops a bit
-3Lo landed beautifully
-stops again
-combo spin

notes: really wished the music had more oomph

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
bb Cha - cheesy jazz program (ps. not exactly a fan of the program)

-KABOOM! 3Lz-3T landed beautifully
-3A fall
-stops a bit but picks up on StSq
-3Lo
-stops again
-ChSq
-combo spin

notes: Dima definitely has the better flow in terms of movement and skating. Cha is such a flaily yet engaging skater.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Kovtun 2.0 - UMMM I mean Samarin

-gorgeous 3A!
-Lsp
-stops and skates around
-StSq - a very...uhhh...fitting one