GPF2016: Onsite Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GPF2016: Onsite Reports

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Don't worry about it as practices are just practices. Shoma had a series of bad practice during Skate America, he pulled the event off by winning the title. Certain skaters do better in competition while others show the opposite to their good run-throughs such as Gracie. :drama:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Don't worry about it as practices are just practices. Shoma had a series of bad practice during Skate America, he pulled the event off by winning the title. Certain skaters do better in competition while others show the opposite to their good run-throughs such as Gracie. :drama:

Yep, Shoma can turn it on in competition.
Yuzu, you never know. He's done clean run-through with a bad competition skate and clean run-through with a record breaking competition skate. Goes either way for him. I'm just happy he seems to have found a way to do his edge jumps. Which is important because his SP is ALL edge jumps.

DarR

Rinkside
Patrick had a real bad fall on his 4T. But managed to pull off a couple of clean 4T-3Ts after.

da96103

Record Breaker
My my so many quads. Marseille Ice Rink Monster is gonna be ready with a large bib tucked in its collar, elbows on table, fork and knife in each hand, ready for a grand quadruple feast of langoustine, foie gras, ratatouille, soufflé, truffle and triple andouillette.

gsyzf

Medalist
Yep, Shoma can turn it on in competition.
Yuzu, you never know. He's done clean run-through with a bad competition skate and clean run-through with a record breaking competition skate. Goes either way for him.

It's the same with most skaters. If someone actually tracks all skaters' practice before competitions and competition performances, they will probably find that there is no strong correlation between clean run-through and competition performance. A skater may just happen to have done clean run-through with bad competition skate in some competitions that many people watch (or clean run-through with good competition skate, or bad run-through with good competition skate, or bad run-through with bad competition skate). But there are also many competitions that fans don't watch or pay attention to. People's impression is mostly based on what they see and hear, so it results in certain impression that doesn't necessarily represent the whole picture.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
how about 3A-1lo-4S ?

Provided that Yuzuru's previous 4S and 4S3T weren't popped, it'd be the third 4S in the program, so only doable as emergency in case of earlier pops. And whether he'd have enough strength left in actual competition after 3/4 of a program and 5 other big elements and non-popped 3A is questionable...:laugh:

But ut'd certainly look amazing.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Speaking of falls...did they get the Rhone River out of the rink yet? I have heard that there is an underground canal in Marseilles, but this is getting ridiculous!

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
You want him to be superhuman. :) But it's amazing he was able to improvise a 4S at the end of a botched quad attempt (I think).
4S-1Lo-3S would be unprecedented enough.

Spread eagle 4S-1Lo-4S spread eagle

The highest BV of a single element and so symmetrical.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Spread eagle 4S-1Lo-4S spread eagle

The highest BV of a single element and so symmetrical.

I want Yuzu alive. and unjured. :) But knowing he tries quads as his last jump in FP, I won't be too much surprised by him trying as outrageous as this. But please, only during practices...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My friend told me this:
----
"The ice is bad again today. they have not skated it at all. on the end where the skaters talk to coaches it is still wet after 20 into the practice session.
I don't know why they don't adjust the temperature. Lots of skaters are mentioning the conditions. This is the most poorly run event of all the events I have been to. It is too out of our control."
Looked OK to me today o_O And the arena air temperature felt noticeably colder than yesterday. Might be my imagination, but I figured they'd fixed it... but the only ones who can say, are the skaters...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Looked OK to me today o_O And the arena air temperature felt noticeably colder than yesterday. Might be my imagination, but I figured they'd fixed it... but the only ones who can say, are the skaters...
Yes I think it was better than yesterday.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

The dogs and I watched 4 comps tonight on the big screen. Looks like many folks were bundled up and I saw what looked like soft spots on the ice but no ponds.....Those red thingy seats look very odd...what are they like to sit on?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Those red thingy seats look very odd...what are they like to sit on?
After sitting on one for most practices and all competitions yesterday... I really started to "feel" the lack of back support. Not very comfortable... lower back started to hurt by the end... two full days to go and gala on Sunday... :-/

By the way, at least they let us buy advance practice tickets for every day... so no chance of getting stuck in the queue again, behind the tour company guy buying 500 tickets at once -_- When practice is about to start.We can even watch practice for the gala on Sunday...

yuna13

On the Ice
I'm in the middle right in front of the camera since I'm alone on this side every time the skaters "salute" they look at me directly!!!! Waiting for P/c!!! I think Tessa mother is here.

Last edited: