2016-17 GPF Short Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Short Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Enjoy this like me the day the one making the call for the technic would be French or on igor side. I wasn't mad just tired after 7 hours I spend watching the practice. Unlike you I don't want people to be upset or mad or disappointed. I just one them to be happy like you are today perhaps I'm wrong and I should be like you. Tonight at the rink I hope to see good skate. my back is still hurt from practice hoping that the dance event and the men will make me forget the pain I feel.

Well I, for one, hope you feel better soon. Back pain is so debilitating.

Having seen you post before (like in the NHK thread) I know you are a passionate supporter of P/C and I think that's great. I used to be able to do that kind of passion (see my great love for K/P in '88 -'92 as an example) but the more ID I watch (used to really only watch the last flight because that is what they showed on TV) the more I find something to like about most teams. I'd probably be okay with any of a dozen teams winning medals at worlds this year. I will always have a bit of a soft spot for certain teams but the more I watch the more I learn to appreciate all the different styles and notice the merits of different teams (this one has the best twizzles but this one is the fastest but this one has the best posture, but this one is the best performers and this one is biggest risk takers). However, this has the result of blanding me out a bit. I'm kind of greyed out instead of black and white but you should keep on keeping on. I just worry that you will not enjoy the event as much if P/C doesn't do well and that seems a shame.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
thank you!!!! i was really happy to see his 4S landed!!!!!!!! it's a new jump for him. I haven't seen him live yet.. going to nationals this year and spending too much $$$ just to see him... thanks for the report..

Even though nationals is my backyard I can't go. Too expensive for me because I'd have to cab back and forth btw events because of Eli and because the all event passes start at 120 for the nosebleed seats and also I don't really have any friends who are figure skating fans enough to go to all the events so I'd have to go alone. Oh..and I'm housesitting for a friend (lucky them going to Cuba in Jan.) I might see if single seat sales for the dance or pairs come up. But still feel weird going alone.

Are you going to live post about it? That would be cool.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So glad to see them back, and in such good form! :love:

Sad though, whenever I see them I immediately assume that D/W are gonna follow soon after, and that's no longer the case :sad21:

Well I am not sure am a huge fan of V and M's program but wow well done and just marking it just because maybe I am not sure Prince is the best I have to say this deserves higher pcs next to the Shibs or PC It could be thre isn't much room to differentiate the teams any more. But I would have V and M a good 3 - 4 pts higher than the rest.

kresslia

Medalist
Well I am not sure am a huge fan of V and M's program but wow well done and just marking it just because maybe I am not sure Prince is the best I have to say this deserves higher pcs next to the Shibs or PC It could be thre isn't much room to differentiate the teams any more. But I would have V and M a good 3 - 4 pts higher than the rest.
I felt like D/W and V/M relative to the rest of the field was in a good place back in 2014. They'd be 110+ and ~100ish was pretty good for everyone else.

Now, the scores inflated so much while they were gone, it feels like there's no room to differentiate them from everyone else (though P/C should be closer).

Norenn

Spectator
But they're dancing to Prince! How could there be too much going on? -- check out his costumes, LOL

Haha I'm aware of Prince's costumes and I wasn't a big fan of them. But their skating was gorgeous enough to make me almost forget that bodysuit.

Winnie

Rinkside
honestly,
this twitter account has been interesting but also subjective.

in sochi, the inventor of the finn step also thought V/M should have won the SD ;) so that tells you a lot more about other judges than the Canadian judge..

Yes but he said that after some Virtue/Moir fans harassed him on Twitter for saying Davis/White were the correct winners in the team event so not sure we can really count that either.

Matt K

On the Ice
Yes but he said that after some Virtue/Moir fans harassed him on Twitter for saying Davis/White were the correct winners in the team event so not sure we can really count that either.

Oh yes, because V/M fans held a gun to his head while he was typing out a Twitter post. Yes, he surely was under duress while writing that he thought V/M should have won the Finnstep.

D/W's Finnstep did not have the character of "sparkling champagne" and that is my main concern with it. That and their SD was abhorrently not of the correct rhythm.

Matt K

On the Ice
in sochi, the inventor of the finn step also thought V/M should have won the SD ;) so that tells you a lot more about other judges than the Canadian judge..

Well, Krylova in the past has not hid her discontent at D/W's skating and that V/M were the better team. She thinks D/W do not have talent and that them beating V/M shows the troubling trend now in ice dancing. But of course, that means nothing because she must have had V/M fans putting a gun to her head while she said and thought those things.

I still remember when their fans were up in arms saying that D/W were misquoted :laugh:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-figure-skating-world-americans-idUSBRE92801N20130309

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i guess i got nosebleed seats LOLLLLL... i wanted to get a pass because it's always easier that way and I have been to events where you couldn't get anything decent money wise if you didn't have a pass...

you are lucky to be able to cab back and forth between events LOL... i had to buy a greyhound return ticket and rent a hotel for two nights... Costs me more in transport and hotel than the actual tickets....

having friends at the rink is overrated :) i always go to events alone so I can do whatever I want... like if I don't like a play, i leave lol.. don' tell Karne but I took a bathroom break during the Australian pairs at ACI because I was afraid to see them crash and burn... and well... i was back in time to see the end of the scary things.

Maybe you could get a dogsitter for one day??? the LPs should be fun... ?

Re live reporting : i did a summary of each discipline for ACI... it was a lot of work ;) I wanted to write about everyone since it was international...perhaps for Nationals I could set myself to report only about the ones i do like... or the top 5-6... I cannot imagine reporting about 18 ladies, including perhaps 12 I have never heard of... I find that live posting though is difficult... i will probably do "wrap up reports"

anyways, I repeat : do not let the fact that you don't have friends going there prevent you of going... this may be a last chance to see patrick, tessa and scott, meagan and eric skate close to you in a competitive setting... who knows where nationals will be next year??? then who know who will NOT retire??? pretty sure a whole bunch of our skaters will move on after 2018....
Even though nationals is my backyard I can't go. Too expensive for me because I'd have to cab back and forth btw events because of Eli and because the all event passes start at 120 for the nosebleed seats and also I don't really have any friends who are figure skating fans enough to go to all the events so I'd have to go alone. Oh..and I'm housesitting for a friend (lucky them going to Cuba in Jan.) I might see if single seat sales for the dance or pairs come up. But still feel weird going alone.

Are you going to live post about it? That would be cool.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i guess i got nosebleed seats LOLLLLL... i wanted to get a pass because it's always easier that way and I have been to events where you couldn't get anything decent money wise if you didn't have a pass...

you are lucky to be able to cab back and forth between events LOL... i had to buy a greyhound return ticket and rent a hotel for two nights... Costs me more in transport and hotel than the actual tickets....

having friends at the rink is overrated :) i always go to events alone so I can do whatever I want... like if I don't like a play, i leave lol.. don' tell Karne but I took a bathroom break during the Australian pairs at ACI because I was afraid to see them crash and burn... and well... i was back in time to see the end of the scary things.

Maybe you could get a dogsitter for one day??? the LPs should be fun... ?

Re live reporting : i did a summary of each discipline for ACI... it was a lot of work ;) I wanted to write about everyone since it was international...perhaps for Nationals I could set myself to report only about the ones i do like... or the top 5-6... I cannot imagine reporting about 18 ladies, including perhaps 12 I have never heard of... I find that live posting though is difficult... i will probably do "wrap up reports"

anyways, I repeat : do not let the fact that you don't have friends going there prevent you of going... this may be a last chance to see patrick, tessa and scott, meagan and eric skate close to you in a competitive setting... who knows where nationals will be next year??? then who know who will NOT retire??? pretty sure a whole bunch of our skaters will move on after 2018....
He doesn't do well with other people. He's kind of big and scary and he takes a while to warm up. He's not the kind of dog that people are keen to dogsit and I'd never leave him with strangers because he hates cats and other dogs. He's not trustworthy that way.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. I'll look forward to reading your reports. :) :thumbsup:

I just can't see how I could swing anything other than maybe one night or afternoon if I could get tickets. I have to housesit too so I'll be going out to Kanata (which is on the other side of the city from my house).

Which are looking forward to the most? Pairs, Mens, Dance or Ladies? I'm assuming it's mens but.. I'd actually most want to see Pairs because it's my favourite but I'd also love to go the Short Dance.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... at first, i decided i wanted to go because Patrick didn't come to ACI and then I couldn't go to SCI...

but then, I realized that I'd be seeing D/R.... and Ice dance is so strong this year... and our ladies as well!!! So i am excited for all of it...

If you want to see ice dance and pairs, you could do short programs on the friday... from about 3pm to 10pm.. I know it's a tad late but that seems like the best option, and you would see men in between... https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2017-Cnds-Public-Schedule-12-5.pdf

But i do understand about doggie duties. I could leave my doggie alone for a while or with other people but she was easy to deal with.... standard poodle... friendly and cuddly.. but whenever I went out partying and would come home at 3-4am, she would come up from her bedroom look at me with "you ho" eyes and I would have to take her for an extra long walk, eventhough she had had her night walk already ;)
He doesn't do well with other people. He's kind of big and scary and he takes a while to warm up. He's not the kind of dog that people are keen to dogsit and I'd never leave him with strangers because he hates cats and other dogs. He's not trustworthy that way.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. I'll look forward to reading your reports. :) :thumbsup:

I just can't see how I could swing anything other than maybe one night or afternoon if I could get tickets. I have to housesit too so I'll be going out to Kanata (which is on the other side of the city from my house).

Which are looking forward to the most? Pairs, Mens, Dance or Ladies? I'm assuming it's mens but.. I'd actually most want to see Pairs because it's my favourite but I'd also love to go the Short Dance.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
well... at first, i decided i wanted to go because Patrick didn't come to ACI and then I couldn't go to SCI...

but then, I realized that I'd be seeing D/R.... and Ice dance is so strong this year... and our ladies as well!!! So i am excited for all of it...

If you want to see ice dance and pairs, you could do short programs on the friday... from about 3pm to 10pm.. I know it's a tad late but that seems like the best option, and you would see men in between... https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2017-Cnds-Public-Schedule-12-5.pdf

But i do understand about doggie duties. I could leave my doggie alone for a while or with other people but she was easy to deal with.... standard poodle... friendly and cuddly.. but whenever I went out partying and would come home at 3-4am, she would come up from her bedroom look at me with "you ho" eyes and I would have to take her for an extra long walk, eventhough she had had her night walk already ;)

I was looking at the tickets for the Ladies SD/ID SD for about 40. Which is a lot for just two but.. I don't know. I'll probably, sadly, have to skip it.

Standard poodles are great dogs. So wonderful and hypoallergenic. They are also very smart. Sounds like you were wrapped around the paw.

I'm sure you will have a great time. It's not out in the boonies (if they put it the Canadian Tire stadium out in Kanata you'd be in the middle of no where without a car). It's not that far from the market. One bus really. The 7 or the 1. And if it's cold enough you can go down onto the Canal. It's just next to the TD place. You could even skate on the canal. That would be kind of meta. Come to watch skating, end up using skating as transportation.