2016-17 GPF Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
trumpets have been around at least at coc and nhk if i recall ;)
I will grant that the French Federation has introduced a good innovation in trying to have a more theatric opening to these events. :agree:

Kaetlyn Osmond has tweeted in the past that she wished the openings of figure skating events were more like hockey games....guess she's getting her wish..

TGee

Record Breaker
Not a clean skate from Julianne and Charlie, but I consider it as a redemption performance. I'm sure they will be going back to their form later of the season.

Wondering about the very evident and knowing look between coaches MF Dubrueil and Josée Picard.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I will grant that the French Federation has introduced a good innovation in trying to have a more theatric opening to these events. :agree:

Kaetlyn Osmond has tweeted in the past that she wished the openings of figure skating events were more like hockey games....guess she's getting her wish..

No singing of national anthems please! :palmf:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I forgot about Natalia's faux Elle Saab dress :luv17: Who was the other pair lady (maybe dance lady) that had a blue faux Elle Saab dress? I think she was Canadian? Russet or something?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I've been rooting for Zabijako since she was still skating for Estonia and had to leave to find better conditions. So glad she's made it this far. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's really unfortunate that a couple with such huge, impressive elements can't make me feel anything at all...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You want to eat with the dog? I mean he'll probably finish his and start begging for yours but...

Meaning his dinner sounds better than mine! No ancient peas please. :drama:

Last edited:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Pairs music this season has been rather terrible. And they aren't even locked into a theme.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
2 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS)

Music: Cry Me A River by Michael Buble

Grey ombre costumes

3Tw
3T+2T+2Lo - ok, he foot down
2ATh - bit skiddy
2S
4Li
FCCoSp
3LoTh - free leg bit slow
5RLi
BoDs
ChSq
5ALi
PCoSp - bit slow

A pop and iffy landing here and there, but overall solid skate

FS: 61.27+61.26 = 122.53, 188.32, 1/2

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I would like this program so much better if they would have skated to a version of this song what wasn't Buble and was mashed up with Timberlake's I hate Britney epic Cry me a River.

But well done. I love her dress.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Zabiiako's grey dress is really nice, but I see it has no connection to the music and choreography.

However, I like her hand gestures "I present to you" while doing a lift. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
It's really unfortunate that a couple with such huge, impressive elements can't make me feel anything at all...

the B.ESP guys agree with you, except they don't understand how the tech sscore is as close to S/B as it is

Lota

Record Breaker
Hm. I actually liked their performance of the FS more than previously.

They should really up their technical content though. I think they're just slightly surprised to find themselves in this position this year, but next year, hopefully... :yes: