2016-17 JGPF Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Mens SP

andyjo24

Medalist
A lot of things could change in the free. I wouldn't consider Samarin and Aliev to be the most consistent skaters. And Cha is pretty consistent in the free.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A lot of things could change in the free. I wouldn't consider Samarin and Aliev to be the most consistent skaters. And Cha is pretty consistent in the free.

Also if Alexei lands that 4Lo cleanly, then that will blows things out of the water.

andyjo24

Medalist
Yeah, that too! And if he also lands his 3lz-3lo!

Aliev and Samarin could have meltdowns on the other hand.

This competition is still so exciting. You just never know how it will pan out!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Actually Samarin is so consistent this season (he tried two quads FS at the Volvo Cup), while Aliev skated a clean FS with two 4T in Ostrava, and even Savosin at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial changed the layout of his FS with two quad (toe and sal) and he landed everything successfully. Anything can happen.

From a tech perspective, the three russians are way above Jun.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Samarin's free skate consistency during the season is quite good just for your information.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Or all the men with quads could bomb like last year and Ilia could be the only one who skates clean. :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Super happy with Dima and Aleksandr's placements. I have hopes for the future of Russian male skaters. I do love the ones that are seniors now, especially Sergei and Max, but I sometimes think, the Fed does not care about them and is looking for a messiah. I can only wish they'll nurse the emerging talent a little better.
As Team Orser fan, I hope Jun can step up a gear, and I keep my fingers firmly crossed that Ilya skates clean with whatever he is planning to do. Met him briefly at Rostelecom. He seems to be a crackin' young lad with character. His time will come. :cool2:

Globetrotter

Medalist
SP wise, Aliev and Samarin were surely a class above and only Kraznozhon could match them. Pity about the 3A mess up. Not impressed with Savosin and Skirda. Their basic SS is pretty weak and the use of edges and blade to ice movement are really meh, especially Skirda. Kraznozhon to me had the smoothest ice movement. Cha has the best performance and audience connection and expressiveness and never lost the plot despite the initial fall. The LP is still very much anybody's game for the top 4. Whoever messes up least will win.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ugh Dima
Now that he skated gloriously in the SP Im again worried about the LP:bang:
hoping for the best tho as usual