2016-17 JGPF Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Mens SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kovtun is a better skater when it comes to dancing abilities in comparison with Samarin.

NaVi

Medalist
Jun Hwan :hopelessness: With Russian Men hitting their jumps today and Krasnozhon to skate yet, he's off the podium today for sure...

No way... he could easily medal and still has a chance to win.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
6 Alexei KRASNOZHON (USA)

Music: Etude Op. 10, No. 3 in E by Frederick Chopin

White/grey ombre shirt, black pants

3Lo
3A - stepout
FCSp
CSSp
StSq
3Lz+3T
CCoSp

A stepout, otherwise solid, though his jumps were not as airy as the other guys

SP: 37.13+34.35 = 71.48, 5/6

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just looking at the scores and well Dima is showing how fluke-filled this JGP/GP season has been. Hard to believe he nearly didn't qualify.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aliev was the highlight of the SP segment. The YouTube channel should've used a better image to represent the Jr. men's event instead of the not-so-handsome-moment of Samarin. He doesn't dance well, but is a nice looking boy.

estla

Rinkside
Hope Aliev would also perform well in FS. He's developed an unique style full of elegance and emotion and tenderness, which is so rare in the current Junior Mens field.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hope Aliev would also perform well in FS. His has an unique style, full of elegance and emotion and tenderness, which is so rare in the current Junior Mens field.

He has it all...except for consistency. :cry: I certainly hope he can conquer his nerves this time, though.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
An enjoyable short programme. I agree with the placements, the first two have a clear gap on the pack. Aliev deserves the lead, a very intense skate, I liked the choreo, hopefully he holds it together in the Free. Not so sure why people don't like Samarin, his short has real character and he definitely enjoys skating it. Savosin has really come on since the JGP in France, it was a performance with character and personality, I liked it.

Cha wasn't as enjoyable as I expected, the mistake affected the performance but he is very much within striking distance. Alexei seemed a bit nervous and wasn't quite at his best, I prefer his short to his free but it's good to see he can try different styles. Skirda the lack of a 3A held him back but again he is a really good performer, he really has a lot of potential.

Interesting to see how the free goes, the leaders do have a record of blowing up so I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed yet.

estla

Rinkside
He has it all...except for consistency. :cry: I certainly hope he can conquer his nerves this time, though.
I believe consistency will finally come as he grows with more strength, mentally and physically.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker

I refuse to believe he'll skate two rough LPs in a row, I'm thinking he'll place no lower than 2nd here.
Jun hwan can probably sneak in for 3rd.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I don't like these scores:

Samarin and Jun's PCS are overscored, or Aliev-Savosin-Skirda's PCS are underscored.

Especially Jun looks very pushed, he made a costly mistake on the combo, while Savosin received almost the bv and nothing else for his elements.