2016-17 JGPF Mens FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Mens FS

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Aliev is the most promising skater Russia has now. He has the American school qualities like smooth expressive skating. And he can jump. I would argue that his potential is higher than that of Kolyada. If only he keeps his nerves under control he can break 250 this season already. And then the senior top tier will be near.

Samarin was fun at SP - it is same sort of fun when watching Kovtun's I can't dance. His FP is just about jumping and skating between jumps.
Cha is better, he is a full package but not as full yet as Aliev.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Happy to see a new FS from Dima, it suits his soft style much more, kudos to Olga Glinka.

That reaction in the KnC tells it all: Rukavicin's students are so inconsistent, it's so great to see finally the smile and the tears from him.

All these dislikes on youtube though... Korea, what's wrong with you?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Congrats to all medalists! :clap::clap: I enojyed Cha and Aliev a lot!
Priceless moments in KnC of Aliev and his coaches. :yes: Seeing such moments always make my day. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eurosport 2's highlights just started about a minute ago.

I was watching ski jumping over on ESP1. And the time between it finishing and the skating starting on ESP2 was so small that I couldn't get this posted quickly enough. Plus it didn't help that there was practically no run-in before Jun Hwa's routine.

So sorry to those that missed the start as a result of my late posting.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Samarin looks like Kovtun v2 =)
Well as long as he lands his stuff and works on everything else

I thought so too! Even more with 1Lo being << :laugh2:

I think they got the podium right. Aliev had the total package, his teammate had all the clean jumps, and Cha was total package with an error. World's will be interesting.

Samarin had one fall, how is that clean?

But I agree podium was correct somehow okay. I must say Ilia Skirda had stand out a little in this field. Lack of at least 3A make him uncompetetive and back loading isn't helping much.... I'm glad for Dima, Rukavitsin will someday loose the rest of his hair with him though :p But I agree that his previous program was better than Groban. It's hard to listen to it. I'm very happy for Jun! This FP looked good! I just wish he would improve the 3A. The way he slows down and then muscle up the jump isn't nice looking and I'm sucker for pretty 3A and that technique makes me enjoying him a little less. Roman Savosin left me neutral, it's pretty clear he was Russian no.3 in here. While I've never enjoyed Alexei Krosnozhon's skating much, it looked really, really messy today. Was he ill or something? He seemd to lack energy. And that FP require energy to be good. That random fall was a last straw for him I guess...

moriel

Record Breaker
The style is very similar, indeed. Although I hope Samarin won´t take the Kovtun road and will work on other aspects of his skating.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I must say Ilia Skirda had stand out a little in this field. Lack of at least 3A make him uncompetetive and back loading isn't helping much....

He's still very young, and btw he wants to be more an artistic skater (Patrick Chan is his idol): however he will include the 4S and presumibly the 3A next season. (4S is already fine)

That said considering the bv of his programs (his FS is even weaker than Alina's FS), it's already an huge achievement the fact that he qualified for the finals beating skaters with quads and 3A.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
He's still very young, and btw he wants to be more an artistic skater (Patrick Chan is his idol): however he will include the 4S and presumibly the 3A next season. (4S is already fine)

That said considering the bv of his programs (his FS is even weaker than Alina's FS), it's already an huge achievement the fact that he qualified for the finals beating skaters with quads and 3A.

Never said it's not achievement to qualify to JGPF at his age :) Just that it was easy to predict he won't win this event, even with others making mistakes, where it could go really different way than it did. Lack of 3A makes him at disadvantage already after SP. Judges also are less prone to give him PCS because of that. If he's preparing it for next season, that's great!

MIM

Medalist
Except junior pairs event ( I was traumatized after watching senior pairs FPs). I watched ladies, men, ice dance events; I enjoyed a lot and am happy for the results.

Cha;
It was unfortunate he fell in a flip-sal combo, zayaked, and lost lot of points, but I see lots of improvements in his performance. Being a tall, skinny, 15 year old boy, he seems lacking power for some jumps(i.e.3a) but I love his effortless 4S, 3lz3t, 3f. He leans back with his chest lifted and head back, then a 3f. I love that he uses his whole body to accentuate the choreographic moment; I wish him grows like Jason :love: who knows how to connect with the music and move his body to it to the fullest.

Alexis was on a mission to tackle the jump layout including the 4Lo. His skating was coarse and I think he knows it, too. I hope he pays as much attention on his other aspects, too. I love his enthusiasm regardless.

Skirda;
Ilia is so cute!! :love: Not as polished or technically advanced, but he is an interesting talent to watch growing. I am curious how Eteri develops him to the top level as she did her girls pupils.

Samarin;
I understand he resembles of Kovtun. But I hope he can have Voronov as his role model. He seems checked off beteeen the jumps. If he channels Voronov, he would find the intensity, speed that fills and connects between the jumps organically. The coaches reaction was really cute and he seems a sweet boy, too.

Savosin;
He seems to have good dance training. His positions are good, but he is too slow, consumes more energy than he had to for jumps, spins, steps, and looks heavy in general. I don't see how the music relates to his costume, choreography. I hope he can improve packaging and speed.

Aliev;
What a beautiful skating!! I find the change to Josh Groban's music very nice. It allows him to be as expressive and lyrical as he wants. This music is age appropriate and good to show off his improved SS. I encourage juniors to train/drill their skating skills to JG's music;) it will make the edge work smooth and deep. :) I am looking forward to seeing him at theEC. ;)

Random question ;
Where is Shota YAMAMOTO? He was my favorite last year, but can't find him either in junior or senior GP circuit. Is he injured? Can we see him at the Nationals?

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Random question ;
Where is Shota YAMAMOTO? He was my favorite last year, but can't find him either in junior or senior GP circuit. Is he injured? Can we see him at the Nationals?

he turned senior this year and was assigned to 2 GP events (and a challenger) but had to withdraw because of injury

MIM

Medalist
he turned senior this year and was assigned to 2 GP events (and a challenger) but had to withdraw because of injury

Awwww... poor boy... it is terrible to sit out a full season due to the injury... I hope Sota gets healed completely and come back strong. I miss his light and feathery skating quality.