karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
time for me to grumble angrily about little country scoring and go :bed:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Karne, do you know what music it is specifically? I tried to look for it awhile back but the ISU info must not be quite correct, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I even went onto itunes and listened to every.single.song by the artist in hopes of finding it, but no luck.

You mean this one? It's Flamenco Fire by Didula.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
time for me to grumble angrily about little country scoring and go :bed:

I don't think Aussies were scored badly, but B/K were held up for sure. And I have no idea on what basis... :rolleye:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You mean this one? It's Flamenco Fire by Didula.

Ooo, thank you! The problem is that artist has put out about a million songs entitled "Flamenco/Flamenco Fire" (also, the song titles often being in Russian doesn't help) so trying to google or itunes search it is pretty difficult. Hopefully I can find it to buy now too...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not quite the result I was expecting. The first group definitely performed better, I didn't notice any errors from them whereas the second group had some problems.

A well deserved lead for M/M. They won the TES but were pipped on PCS by the Czechs, I wouldn't agree with that. Apart from the tilted landed on the throw everything was impressive. The Czechs skated as well as they have all season, scrappy coming out of the lift but everything else was good. I have grown to like Tango Mozart. Surprised to see U/V in 3rd but it is deserved, I am very impressed with them, I think the judges could go with them more on the PCS, they were ranked last of all the teams.

B/K have really impressed me with their debut season but they weren't at their best today. A stepout on the 2A, a shaky lift, spins out of sync but had a fantastic 3FTh. They are only a young couple (14/16) so have a lot of potential. I liked the Aussies, after the fall on the throw they got a bit sloppy but they are not far of the podium so all still to play for. I was disappointed for A/S, I expected them to score 60+ but a fall on a sky high throw and an under rotated 2A (downgraded maybe) pushed them to bottom of the table. They have a very unique style, a lot of thought goes into their performers, he is a very good partner. They can definitely pull up.

The music B/K skated is by an artist called Didula and the piece is called Flamenco. I tracked it down on ITunes, I bought a few of his tracks. I think he is belarussian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUYUdE-iKk
I first came across it as it was the SP by Davankova/Deputat a few years back.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Ooo, thank you! The problem is that artist has put out about a million songs entitled "Flamenco/Flamenco Fire" (also, the song titles often being in Russian doesn't help) so trying to google or itunes search it is pretty difficult. Hopefully I can find it to buy now too...

Well, on Youtube it's obviously the most popular. :laugh: Here is a version with links to Google Play and ITunes in the description. Maybe this is what you are looking for?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Just seen the protocols. A/S were given credit for the 2A, with a +GOE of 0.43. They only got a LVs2 for BoDS and FCSp and a Lv3 lift, so that is what held them back.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
cant express how sad I am for A/S :cry:
its my fav program of juniours of any discipline :cry:

lavoix

Match Penalty
Since when did the Australians start getting coached by Nina Mozer's team? I'm very excited for what the future holds for them!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since when did the Australians start getting coached by Nina Mozer's team? I'm very excited for what the future holds for them!

Mozer was the one who put them together. Harley's coaches brought him to Moscow and she set up the tryout with Katia.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I have enjoyed the Australians skating and am glad to see them in the JGPF but I am surprised that with all the male pair skaters in Russia Mozer couldn't find a suitable partner there. Would it be difficult for Ekaterina to get Aussie citizenship in time for Pyeonchang? They are definitely a lock for the Aussie team if she can get it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have enjoyed the Australians skating and am glad to see them in the JGPF but I am surprised that with all the male pair skaters in Russia Mozer couldn't find a suitable partner there. Would it be difficult for Ekaterina to get Aussie citizenship in time for Pyeonchang? They are definitely a lock for the Aussie team if she can get it.

I believe Katia had tried several Russian partners, none of whom had worked out.

She's applying for our Outstanding Talent Visa and if granted that should speed up the process. As long as someone can convince our Immigration Department that a throw triple Lutz is actually a really huge deal, she should get it in time.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I believe Katia had tried several Russian partners, none of whom had worked out.

She's applying for our Outstanding Talent Visa and if granted that should speed up the process. As long as someone can convince our Immigration Department that a throw triple Lutz is actually a really huge deal, she should get it in time.

I live in Canberra and have connections with immigration, but given the s*** that happens in that department things will be real slow.

They just need to keep persisting!

lavoix

Match Penalty
Mozer was the one who put them together. Harley's coaches brought him to Moscow and she set up the tryout with Katia.

I never knew the history behind the team, I actually always assumed that she was born in Moscow but moved to Australia when she was young. They really are a team of the future. Very surprised to hear of Harley's courage to move to Moscow, thumbs up to him!