2016-17 JGPF Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Ladies SP

andromache

Record Breaker
Well yes it's called Russian Nationals 2014 although is in December of the previous year.

Lena bronze medalist at RN 2014
Zhenya bronze at RN 2015.

Both they weren't eligible for senior worlds.

It's actually pretty weird to consider that Anna has been to Worlds 3 times and only has one medal (bronze) from Russian Nationals. Unusual, but will probably become a norm for many senior ladies in Russia. It's very, very likely that a junior will podium this year too.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
And Moris Kvitelashvili who now represents Georgia, & her daughter who also just switched to the Georgian team.

Yes, but Moris and Diana are Russians, this boy was born in Belarus, his case is sligthly different. I hope Diana can compete internationally with his partner

MIM

Medalist
Kihara
After a fall on the Lutz Combo, she seems less engaged with the performance. I heard about her knee injury. I think she did better than I expected her to be here.

Sakamoto
Very strong and rhythmic movement in the beginning. Her jump has a nice flow with deep knee bend. But I think she still needs to improve her extension and projection during STSQ.

Gubanova
Did she add/move a transition (a spiral) to the Lutz combo? I think it was way too close to the set up for the jump and affected her timing for the combo. The fall made her little stiff during the STSQ. It was not the usual effortless Gubanova steps. Still beautiful though.

Nugumanova
Her body movement in steps and spins is not as polished and controlled as Gobanova but definitely displays great flexibility and personality.

Zagitova
The first half was not impressive. She does not finish her movement and rush to the next carelessly. But the second half, on her jumps and the in-betweens she is stronger than anybody. The extension and choreographic awareness is there in the second half. I think she is just unbalanced. Is it due to her competitive nerves, or a bad choreography?

I think all the junior girls are in the progress. There are still room to improve and be better. Anyways they are still young.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It's actually pretty weird to consider that Anna has been to Worlds 3 times and only has one medal (bronze) from Russian Nationals. Unusual, but will probably become a norm for many senior ladies in Russia. It's very, very likely that a junior will podium this year too.

It is more likely to happen during the transition time when a country has no strong senior field but started to invest in juniors. But some of the juniors will establish themselves as a strong and wide senior field in future years and make it more difficult for the following newcomers to repeat the feat. Regarding this year Zhenia and Anna seem out of reach, and the youngsters will have to fight with Elena and maybe Liza for a podium spot. So it's possible but not certain.

thoakun

Final Flight
All these 2000s baby are so professional and mature beyond the age and it's even more startling to see that they only started their first stroke around 2007-2008, when the world's attention was on Mao and Yuna.

They're understandably work in progress but what they've done are like reverse psychology for me.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the ladies SP and paid attention to anatomy at the same time ;). But were the judges scared to give Alina at least 30.00 in PCS lol?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I loved Zagitova. She is a bit rough but that's her style. She is the opposite of Gubanova: lightning fast, powerful, and confident vs. delicate, fluid, and a bit slow. I am a long-time fan of Nastya - just cannot enjoy the short programs with falls.

If Alina stays on her feet she will nail it with a new WR. It's a pity Polina could not come: could be an epic battle. May be junior worlds then.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Kihara
After a fall on the Lutz Combo, she seems less engaged with the performance. I heard about her knee injury. I think she did better than I expected her to be here.

Sakamoto
Very strong and rhythmic movement in the beginning. Her jump has a nice flow with deep knee bend. But I think she still needs to improve her extension and projection during STSQ.

Gubanova
Did she add/move a transition (a spiral) to the Lutz combo? I think it was way too close to the set up for the jump and affected her timing for the combo. The fall made her little stiff during the STSQ. It was not the usual effortless Gubanova steps. Still beautiful though.

Nugumanova
Her body movement in steps and spins is not as polished and controlled as Gobanova but definitely displays great flexibility and personality.

Zagitova
The first half was not impressive. She does not finish her movement and rush to the next carelessly. But the second half, on her jumps and the in-betweens she is stronger than anybody. The extension and choreographic awareness is there in the second half. I think she is just unbalanced. Is it due to her competitive nerves, or a bad choreography?

I think all the junior girls are in the progress. There are still room to improve and be better. Anyways they are still young.

Largely in agreement. Zagitova is the clear winner TES wise but the GOE on jumps are overscored. The combo was not a +2 or 3, max +1 - rippon, steps before and after but of mediocre quality. The 2A was only a 0 GOE. 3R GOE acceptable. I disagree though with the PCS. Typical of Eteri school, 1st half my Ching around empty, then jump jump jump and end. The CH and PE certainly should not be so high. Sakamoto has better flow and story overall and Gubanova while not as flowing after the fall still displayed a better overall package program wise. I will say Zagitova overall should be only TES about 39, PCS about 28 = 67.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Largely in agreement. Zagitova is the clear winner TES wise but the GOE on jumps are overscored. The combo was not a +2 or 3, max +1 - rippon, steps before and after but of mediocre quality. The 2A was only a 0 GOE. 3R GOE acceptable. I disagree though with the PCS. Typical of Eteri school, 1st half my Ching around empty, then jump jump jump and end. The CH and PE certainly should not be so high. Sakamoto has better flow and story overall and Gubanova while not as flowing after the fall still displayed a better overall package program wise. I will say Zagitova overall should be only TES about 39, PCS about 28 = 67.

Are you kidding me?

she did the back spiral and one foot sequence before the 3lo, steps before and after the combo and my favourite transitions into the 2a: full split, rocker and spiral after, going into the layback, all on one foot. How can this be "mediocre quality"? Most of the senior ladies skaters can't do that.

Also especially in the combo and the loop, the height and the distance were great, the two hands variation and lots of flow coming out.

The steps sequence has some tricky one-foot sections and the twizzles into the illusion; good speed and ice coverage.

You may dislike this style of program with backloaded jumps, but she has the skating skills and a very good jumping technique: the only problem to me is that she tend to rush in the steps sequence, i suspect because of the difficulty of the programs.

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
My sweet angel Liza did not do quite well in the SP, what a pity. :sad46: It is the first time I saw her cry in the K-and -C, but good to see that papa Mishin is with her there. :luv17:

Gubanova's swan is so mesmerizing that I almost forget her young age. :love: She is the most graceful junior skater I have ever seen, but a lot of work needs to be done on her jumps.

I am fine with Zagitova's scores, although she is still far from a refined skater, but we cannot ask for way too much from a junior girl. Just like Evgenia, I hate to see those ugly gloves they are wearing. :noshake:

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Are you kidding me?

she did the back spiral and one foot sequence before the 3lo, steps before and after the combo and my favourite transitions into the 2a: full split, rocker and spiral after, going into the layback, all on one foot. How can this be "mediocre quality"? Most of the senior ladies skaters can't do that.

Also especially in the combo and the loop, the height and the distance were great, the two hands variation and lots of flow coming out.

This is the part I really think Zagitova has a lot more potential than Eteri thinks she has.

The steps sequence has some tricky one-foot sections and the twizzles into the illusion; good speed and ice coverage.

You may dislike this style of program with backloaded jumps, but she has the skating skills and a very good jumping technique: the only problem to me is that she tend to rush in the steps sequence, i suspect because of the difficulty of the programs.
Why does she have to waste her talent (nice long hold in position) in such a crappy choreography that does not suit Zagitova?
Eteri has a set standard and forces the skater to be in the mold she creates. I am not talking about the back loading only. The type of choreography does not reflect Zagitova's strength. Is it too difficult for her? maybe. But, I think the problem is that the program was designed for somebody else. Zagitova needs proper tempo of music to allow her to extend her leg and push her blade with the right weight on. She shows great control over her body in the second half. Why does not the coach see them and use them better?

I saw this problem with Pogo in her second year in senior (not eteri's student though). Pogo has strong and powerful skating skills but she was trapped in the fast and frantic choreography/transition. The program of wrong tempo and wrong desgin did not feature the best strength and charm of the skater.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
sad to see Lizok cry:sad21::sad4: its not the end of the world & she had all the chances in the FP!

Marin WD was a huge negative surprise:shocked: get well soon:console: