2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb Ladies SP

icellist

On the Ice
I think Brooklee was hosed on PCS and should've been higher than Gracie, esp with more than 5pts in TES. OTOH, everyone made it seem like Gracie imploded while she messed up two jump combinations, she was still composed.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was totally wrong about Gracie. She still doesn't have her fire. :(

It is not surprising outcome and I didn't see anything better here to come for American. All her outings this season were either bad or disastrous. The problem is not about external pressure but absolute lack of form and mental issues that go well beyond sport. She does look more & more dejected.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie needs to be selfish and do what's best for her not her Fed or her coach. Simple as that. I know she has sponsors but her well being is more important and her parents should be telling her that. In the end she doesn't owe the USFSA anything.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie needs to be selfish and do what's best for her not her Fed or her coach. Simple as that. I know she has sponsors but her well being is more important and her parents should be telling her that. In the end she doesn't owe the USFSA anything.

USFSA didn't really spend money, time, effort on Gracie. She owe them nothing. Is this how you tell young kids? What an ungrateful thing to teach them. This is the problem with society today. No personal accountability at all. Always somebody else's problem.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Gracie, quit skating, go to university and get a career. Think about yourself, there is more in life than just skating.

I think she should try a different approach (coaching, choreography) before throwing in the towel altogether. That would be a shame because she is so gifted. I think perhaps go the V/M route or Alissa Czisny route and find a coaching environment that she is in love with. That appears to have worked wonders for those skaters.