Parsons and Parsons golden in Marseille | Golden Skate

Parsons and Parsons golden in Marseille

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
“We put out a solid skate, but there were still some little mistakes, so I didn’t know if it was good enough,” explained Rachel of the free dance. “We were really just trying to live through the program and not focus on the technical elements and just tell the story. We didn’t come into this competition with placement goals, we were just competing against ourselves.”
More

What are your thoughts on the Junior ice dance event?

skatemd1

On the Ice
I think the Parsons have been consistently performing as well or better than any other Jr team for quite some time so to me I am not surprised they won. It's great to see the level of their performance recognized like this. They have been one of my favorite teams the last two seasons and I think should have won both events at JGPF. Their FD was just remarkable, the edge quality, their posture, the expression, their elements, the choreo - just wow! This was a very strong field and both Russian teams, the French and the two other American teams all skated extremely well. P/P were just a little better. :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for them. B.esp. could not stop raving about them, they were thrilled when the parsons won.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest at their age they are really a Senior team now. To bad they won't skate at the Senior level at Nationals.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
From what I understand the rest of their competition was really expecting them to go to the Sr level but they stayed back once again. They were the heavy favorites to take gold so to see them do what they did with the expectation from not only themselves but pretty much the rest of the dance world, was remarkable. It is always difficult to win but it is that much more difficult to win when expected to win so job well done for the Parsons, now on to bigger and better performances.