3) Lorenza Alessandrini / Pierre Souquet - 54.29
4) Adelina Galyavieva / Laurent Abecassis - 50.58
5) Mathilde Harold / Mael Demougeot - 43.14

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Kevin Aymoz in the lead after Short? :hap57: Huge score for James/Cipres! Congrats! And congrats to Laurine for claiming the National title! :yahoo:

EDIT: Protocols are uploaded on the website! Under "resultats": https://ffsg.org/evenement/france-elite-caen/

Last edited:

VIKTOR

Rinkside
Men. Final results.

1. Kevin AYMOZ 234.66
2. Chafik BESSEGHIER 233.65
3. Romain PONSART 223.95
4. Simon HOCQUAUX 186.78
5. Luc ECONOMIDES 183.87
6. Adrien TESSON 179.48
7. Philip WARREN 178.47
8. Adam SIAO HIM FA 174.88
9. Landry LE MAY 149.81
10. Antonin HERREBOUDT 140.57

gmyers

Record Breaker
I can't remember a bigger surprise! Maybe when Fernandez lost to Raya that time.

Plumededragon

Medalist
HOLY... !!!!!
I knew Laurine could have this in the bag (and she did it, yay! I was so gutted for her last year, I'm glad everything went good this time!), but Kevin?! Poor kid had quite problems this season, I'm glad things are looking up! Wow! Very proud of him! :cheer: hopefully it will give him a much-needed confidence boost!

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Wow, congrats to Kevin! He was one of the treasure finds for me during the JGP's. :clap: Though I'm really sad for Chafik and Mae...I can only hope France gets two spots for next season! Good luck Kevin and Laurine!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Florent Amodio doesn't agree with the men's result...

Chafik Besseghier, Vice Champion de 🇫🇷 avec 3 quads...‬
‪C'est une honte !! ‬
‪#BIGJOKE ‬

I haven't seen the videos, but it gives me deja vu to US Nationals last year. Poor Chafik...French fed must really dislike him.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bravo, Kevin!

I wonder if there will be videos anywhere?

As for Florent:scratch2: Bitterness ages you, mon petit chou. It did not look well on the fans carping about Nathan and the US results in 2016 last year, and it does not look well on you. You would look classier if you were happy for Kevin....

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Why would Florent be bitter when he wasn't even competing here? More like a realist. Kevin has never even scored over 200 points internationally (and that was only in juniors) and while neither Frenchman is going to get anywhere near the podium at Euros and Worlds, Chafik at least has quads and his PB is almost 30 points better. If Chafik bombed here and the scores weren't so close, I'd give Kevin the benefit of the doubt, but not in this case. Well, the French fed isn't known for making good decisions, so what's new.

Let's see, Kevin just came in 10th at the Warsaw Cup (lol) with 176.54. And didn't even medal in the very weak field at his home JGP. Chafik got 223.98 at Rostelecom and 225.02 at TDF. Not much more to say...

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Interesting that there is a 5 points gap on PCS in favour of Kevin in the FS while in SP they were neck and neck also in PCS.

But without any video available it is difficult to judge.

Mattieu

Medalist
It will be interesting to see if the FFSG follows it's own rules in the Chemin de Selection.
If they do, Kevin is not eligible for Euros, as he doesn't have the quad they require.
So the Euros team should be Chafik and Romain as they both have the required quad, unless of course they override their own rules!

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I couldn't care less about jumps for jumps sake (I'm sure that's a huge surprise;) ) and I thought Adam was a great choice for Worlds last year (another huge surprise ;) ). And I don't care about jumps for jumps sake for any other of my favorites. Luckily they all implement jumps into wonderful programs. So I do think Florent was classless for calling it an "honte" about Chafik's placement. Honi soit qui mal y pense, mon brave.

As for the Euros, I thought the Chemin de Selection was a crock and a bad idea when I first read it, and I called it out for being so, either here or on FSU, forget which Board. But it will be interesting to see if FFSG sticks to that. I have no idea what they'll do, and I don't think they know either:laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
AFAIK, Florent plans to be a sport journalist, so is doing his study at University while doing many things in figure skating. I don't think his comment comes from any personal association with Chafik. I don't see how come his criticism on the result can be a classless behavior. I think his journalistic instinct and his own experience from competition raised doubt to him. Florent made a breakthrough as a young competitor and Kevin's skating style is viewed as very similar to Florent's. I think Florent would be the one to get excited for the new National champion if the judging has no debatable ground.

On the other hand, Chafik is currently 27 years old while Kevin is soon to be 19 in January, so I just sensed that the federation, known for not helping their own skaters wants to make a move forward with the younger generation. However, I haven't seen their performances at Nationals, so I'll reserve my assessment.

Anyway, it is somewhat funny to see some double standards played.

Last edited:

Flagstaff

Rinkside
AFAIK, Florent plans to be a sport journalist, so is doing his study at University while doing many things in figure skating. I don't think his comment comes from any personal association with Chafik.
It does since they are very good friends.
I don't see how come his criticism on the result can be a classless behavior.
IMHO it would have been best not to take sides. That doesn't mean I think his behavior was classless but let's say I found it a bit (and even a lot) out of place.

I think his journalistic instinct and his own experience from competition raised doubt to him.
But, AFAIK Amodio wasn't at Nationals. He didn't attend the competition as a journalist or anything else. At least, I didn't see him around (and the rink is tiny-tiny). All he could base his opinion upon were the results and the protocols (and hearsays from the friends who were on site).

Florent made a breakthrough as a young competitor and Kevin's skating style is viewed as very similar to Florent's.
That, I fully agree with. I hope FFSG won't make the same mistake(s) with Amoz that they did with him.

I think Florent would be the one to get excited for the new National champion if the judging has no debatable ground.
There was indeed debatable ground but I think Amodio's reaction was purely personal, as à friend of Besseghier's.

Anyway, it is somewhat funny to see some double standards played.
Welcome to French figure skating ;)

Last edited:

Nirti

Medalist
French Junior Nationals

First title for all the gold medalists. Kevin Aymoz withdrew. Unexpected win for Sandra Ramond, without 3F or 3Lz but with more success than Crozet or Froetscher.

Junior men
1 Adam SIAO HIM FA
Toulouse Club De Patinage TOULO FRA 179.13 2 1
2 Maxence COLLET
Association Nice Baies Des Anges NICE FRA 171.50 3 2
3 Luc ECONOMIDES
Cergy Pontoise Csg CERGY FRA 158.23 1 8
4 Julian DONICA
Sport Club Agora Dit Sca 2000 EVRY FRA 157.14 8 3
5 Davide LEWTON-BRAIN MON 157.05 6 4
6 Joshua ROLS
Toulouse Club De Patinage TOULO FRA 153.06 4 6
7 Yann FRECHON
Club Olympique De Courbevoie COURB FRA 149.66 5 7
8 Xavier VAUCLIN
Grenoble Isere Metropole Patinage GRENO FRA 147.70 9 5
9 Antonin HERREBOUDT
Poitevin Stade Club De Glace POITI FRA 138.57 7 10
10 Lotfi SEREIR
Asnieres Patinage ASNIE FRA 131.35 12 9
11 Tom BOUVART
Annecy Sports Glace - Art Luge Skeleton Bobsleigh ANNEC FRA 121.52 11 11
12 Vincent MIMAULT
Poitevin Stade Club De Glace POITI FRA 114.73 10 12
13 Charles KATANOVIC
Skate Hainaut Valenciennes Club VAL59 FRA 109.35 13 13

Junior ladies
1 Sandra RAMOND
Paris Club Francais Volants PFV FRA 141.78 2 1
2 Alizee CROZET
Patinage Artistique Briviste BRIVE FRA 136.95 1 3
3 Julie FROETSCHER
Association Nice Baies Des Anges NICE FRA 136.73 4 2
4 Heloise PITOT
Association Nice Baies Des Anges NICE FRA 133.23 3 4
5 Elodie EUDINE
Paris Club Francais Volants PFV FRA 124.46 6 5
6 Pauline WANNER
Association Nice Baies Des Anges NICE FRA 113.75 5 8
7 Marina FLUHR
Mulhouse Asg MULHO FRA 108.82 7 6
8 Cassandra PEROTIN
Club De Patinage De Colmar COLMA FRA 100.14 11 7
9 Laurie PESAVENTO
Chambery Csg CHAMB FRA 99.93 10 9
10 Marina POPOV
Association Nice Baies Des Anges NICE FRA 96.75 8 10
11 Adriana CAGNON
Skating Club Compiegne Oise COMPI FRA 89.81 9 11

Junior pair
1 Cleo HAMON / Denys STREKALIN
Club Olympique De Courbevoie / Club Olympique De Courbevoie COURB FRA 124.16 1 1

Junior dance
1 Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER
LGP-Lyon Glace Patinage / LGP-Lyon Glace Patinage LGP FRA 140.46 2 1
2 Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
LGP-Lyon Glace Patinage / LGP-Lyon Glace Patinage LGP FRA 132.56 4 2
3 Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS
COP-Courchevel Patinage Sports de Glace / COP-Courchevel Patinage Sports de Glace COP FRA 132.45 3 3
4 Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER
VLP-Villard de Lans Patinage / BEL-Belfort ASM VLP/BEL FRA 129.88 1 4
5 Mathilde VIARD / Renan MANCEAUX
VLP-Villard de Lans Patinage / VLP-Villard de Lans Patinage VLP FRA 117.86 5 5
6 Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAIS
VLP-Villard de Lans Patinage / VIT-Vitry ESV Patinage VLP/VIT FRA 108.30 7 6
7 Justine SCACHE / Arnaud CAFFA
VIT-Vitry ESV Patinage / VIT-Vitry ESV Patinage VIT FRA 106.19 8 7
8 Lou TERREAUX / Noe PERRON
BEL-Belfort ASM / BEL-Belfort ASM BEL FRA 97.61 9 8
9 Camille RIVOT / Baptiste VINCENT
EPI-Epinal Club PG / EPI-Epinal Club PG EPI FRA 91.60 10 9