Coupe du Printemps 2017 - Luxembourg | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Coupe du Printemps 2017 - Luxembourg

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful, Shoma. My stream froze at the very end, but nice score. Would love a repeat of that at Worlds (in the lavender costume).

Darn, thought Mura popped that first jump. My feed was just unfreezing as he did that. And we saw him do so many gorgeous 4Ts in practice. Dang!

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
GO Mura!

Shoma's score 104 and change

Maybe he can crack 300 here.

Although I'd love him to do it on the grand stage of Worlds. For everyone to see. On the other hand he would suffer from so much critique....oh...the viewers are leaving. Only 900 now.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Darn Mura you will have to do better to make the Olympic Team. I know you can do it!

I think Mura is so much better than Keiji Tanaka. Still it gets hard to cheer for him when he makes mistakes like these in a no pressure setting. Why?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My screen just froze. The skate gods were kind to do it after Shoma and Mura skated.

Quiet thread so far. Maybe there will be more activity for the FS as it will be on Saturday.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm hopeful there will be video in the Facebook page later because the stream really didn't work for me. Also, congrats on a good SP, Shoma!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I'm hopeful there will be video in the Facebook page later because the stream really didn't work for me. Also, congrats on a good SP, Shoma!

It is already up I just re-watched. It is a little blurry but a more close up view unlike the live stream.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Videos are on FB already. They did it really fast! :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe he can crack 300 here.

Although I'd love him to do it on the grand stage of Worlds. For everyone to see. On the other hand he would suffer from so much critique....oh...the viewers are leaving. Only 900 now.

No matter what he does, people will be ready to pounce. Hopefully though no jogging or fist pump at Worlds. :rofl: I don't know, the fist pump just looks kinda junior-ish to me. The skating sure didn't though. Can enjoy it again on FB, even though it's a bit blurry. Couldn't tell which coat Coach Fluffy was wearing.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It is already up I just re-watched. It is a little blurry but a more close up view unlike the live stream.

It's amazing how Shoma transports emotion and skill even through a blurry livestream. I'm a bit flashed, tbh. He's just so good. And I'm kind of glad that this thread isn't that busy. Those who are here, really do care. :)

I don't care about a fist-bump after a great performance. What I care about is fist-bumping during an actual skate. Denis Ten used to do it, I hated that. I mean, you're still skating, nice that you land your jumps but don't forget you're still performing. :palmf:

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I have no issues with people fist bumping. I mean, if you just had a great skate, celebrate all you want! If you finally land that stupid jump that's giving you trouble all the time, fist bump. If you just managed to salvage a really off-axis jump, fist bump! If you're happy, I'm happy! :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no issues with people fist bumping. I mean, if you just had a great skate, celebrate all you want! If you finally land that stupid jump that's giving you trouble all the time, fist bump. If you just managed to salvage a really off-axis jump, fist bump! If you're happy, I'm happy! :laugh:

I was just going to add that it's great to see him genuinely happy! Usually he sticks his tongue out if if he's happy, but couldn't tell on the blurry vid.

ETA -- And the burning question -- will the chicken costume make an appearance.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
I was just going to add that it's great to see him genuinely happy! Usually he sticks his tongue out if if he's happy, but couldn't tell on the blurry vid.

ETA -- And the burning question -- will the chicken costume make an appearance.

Just saw Shona's SP on CdP's Facebook.
Beautiful performance, no wobbling gravy anywhere.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No matter what he does, people will be ready to pounce. Hopefully though no jogging or fist pump at Worlds. :rofl: I don't know, the fist pump just looks kinda junior-ish to me. The skating sure didn't though. Can enjoy it again on FB, even though it's a bit blurry. Couldn't tell which coat Coach Fluffy was wearing.

people can complain about 104 if they want... but the reality here is that his TES was deserved... entirely deserved, at least, from what I could see (and I am no expert fine but everything seemed to have been executed very well)

PCS : 45 isn't much higher than what he usually gets... so if people want to be mean, they can give him a 42 or a 43 ... still over 100...

GO SHOMA! !!!

demarinis5

Record Breaker

OK who are Judges 4 and 5. In Transitions they gave (Judge 4) 8.50 (Judge 5) 7.50. OK I can see maybe 8.50 but 7.50 especially as the other Judges gave nines.

Composition (Judge 4) 8.75 (Judge 5) 8:00

Interpretation (Judge 5) 9.25 woke up and came to his/her senses but not (Judge 5) 8:50.

The only 8's Shoma received were from these two judges.

I have the day off from work so I have the time to nitpick. I know he received a great score, just saying...

That said of course this is Just My Opinion! If you disagree fine but please don't quote me to disagree. :biggrin:

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Missed out on the live stream, but just watched Shoma's and Takahito's SP's on CdP's facebook page. Wow! At the beginning of the season I would've called Shoma's SP a nice, relatively unspectacular program, but his interpretation has steadily improved, so much so that he's been able to make this really special by now! :luv17:

Somehow the camera angle emphasized how fluid Shoma's skating is. I knew he was smooth, but he seemed to float here! I legitly expected him to lift off and fly out of the arena. Would've been quite befitting for his poetic program. ;) And while I'm at it: his arms! How are they always so amazingly relaxed and fluid as well? I also just adore that he's gotten so good with portraying contrasts - he's really bringing out the nuances of the music by alternating between sweeping, languid and energetic, sharper movements. And he's doing all of this while putting out insanely difficult elements with such ease and quality! Seriously, I think he's making sure there's not much left to criticise by Worlds. :coffee:

Such a shame about Takahito's quad. Everything else was fantastic! Please, please keep your SP for next season Taka!!! And please make the Olympic team! :cheer2:

I really wanted to go, but I've been struck by the flu last week and I'm slowly recovering. Driving myself to Luxemburg wouldn't have been good. I'm sad, because the location looks cozy. 6 entries for the men...looks like a duel between Shoma and Takahito, I guess.

Get better soon! I finally decided against going as well. I'm still a little bummed, but it just would've been so unreasonable to drive 3 hours in each direction in one day for such a small competition. :(

Hopefully though no jogging or fist pump at Worlds. :rofl: I don't know, the fist pump just looks kinda junior-ish to me.

It's his guts pose! ;) The Japanese media is obssessed with them. Athletes are constantly encouraged to do them during public appearances. I love that Shoma has come out of his shell so much lately - just a while ago he was too embarrassed to do a guts pose whenever he was asked to do one. :laugh2: I'd say it would be freakin' great, if he had a reason to do the same thing at Worlds!

I don't care about a fist-bump after a great performance. What I care about is fist-bumping during an actual skate. Denis Ten used to do it, I hated that. I mean, you're still skating, nice that you land your jumps but don't forget you're still performing.

I also remember Evan Lysacek and Evgeni Plushenko doing this - it completely disrupts the program imo. But after a cracker of a performance like what Shoma did today? H*ll yeah, guts poses all the way!!! :agree:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I hope the stream works for me for the FS, now that I'll be in a different computer. Is it tomorrow or Sunday?