Coupe du Printemps 2017 - Luxembourg | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Coupe du Printemps 2017 - Luxembourg

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
No joking i think Shoma delivered the most flawless SP skate of the season. Gambatte in the free Shomaaaaaa.
Daddy Mura you are not a popstar!!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's his guts pose! ;) The Japanese media is obssessed with them. Athletes are constantly encouraged to do them during public appearances. I love that Shoma has come out of his shell so much lately - just a while ago he was too embarrassed to do a guts pose whenever he was asked to do one. :laugh2: I'd say it would be freakin' great, if he had a reason to do the same thing at Worlds!

I'm actually glad that several people called me on my comment, because (really!) it comes down to - what is the RIGHT way to be in the K & C, the RIGHT way to celebrate a good program, the RIGHT way to look on the podium, and on and on. In this case, the joy was SO spontaneous. It is fun to see him coming out of his shell. Heck, I might go on the ice and celebrate myself at Worlds if he skates like that!! :rock:...I'm anxious to look at everything again. I had an early appt. this morning and had to go out so couldn't really enjoy watching too closely. And when I looked at the FB postings on my Kindle, they were super blurry...Wow, I don't remember the "during an actual skate" fist pumps! Yikes!

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I feel sorry for Ivett now, if she hadn't doubled the lutz she would be ahead of Rika now.
Nevermind...
She still has to skate the long program.
I think it is a useful last-minute competition before Worlds.

Go Ivett! :love:

da96103

Record Breaker
What did I miss on the wobbling gravy?? :popcorn:

Wobbling gravy is a term coined in the Worlds Men Pre-Event thread.

In every competition, a Rink Ice Monster arrives and lives under the ice. Its purpose is to make skaters fall and eat those jumps. It loves quad meals. When skaters land ungracefully (step out, turn out, hand down, double footed), the Monster gets only gravy and no full meal. That's why it is called wobbling gravy.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thank you -- just checking. I don't want any of that gravy for my popcorn (see above).

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Awww. Takahito...!!! It was too bad about 4T turned into 2T in SP, but everything else was wonderful!! :luv17:

In Mura's interview, he said he misjudged the distance to the wall.
Also, from seeing Shoma's reaction (he gasped and said "No, Wall...!!" :eeking:) when he was watching Mura's performance in Shoma's Kiss & Cry video, I guess Mura was really close to the wall... So now I'm just grateful for Takahito's superb reflex to unwind quickly to avoid the crash so he didn't get injured! (Yes, I'm trying to make myself feel better about the pop! hehe.)

He also says in the inteview that he'll try 4S in FS! :clap:
I hope hope hope it goes well!! Good luck!!!
But you know, I'm always happy just to see my man :love: MURA :love: skate!!
(Can't believe probably this is the last performance in this season... :sad21: Maaaaybe WTT if many skaters don't feel like participating??? :rolleye:)

:cheer: GO GO TAKAHITO!! :cheer2:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am in U.S., and was thinking I'm off on the calculation due to time change overnight.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It starts at 12:50, right now it's Novice Girls. Senior Ladies are after the Men's FS.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shoma likes to not jump his jumps in the warm up....but that doesm't mean a thing. Go Shoma.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi everyone I just woke up and glad I did not miss the completion. The most important question what is Shoma wearing?

GO Shoma and Mura!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The yellow illusion mesh hurts my eyes but the rest of the outfit isn't TOO bad. Go SHOMA!!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Stream couldn't handle Shoma and died for a few seconds.

Edit: Did he get the 3A-1lo-3F? It was so close to the boards the camera didn't catch it!