2017 Finnish Nationals 16-18/12 | Golden Skate

2017 Finnish Nationals 16-18/12

Nirti

Medalist
They will take place this weekend in Tampere.

Entries/results

Only one guy?!? What happened to all the others? Galay and Papp competed internationaly this season. Pulkkinen, Olenius and Zubik all retired? (yes for Zubik if I good remember)

For the ladies Saarinen is back but no Järvenpää.

Entries
Men
1 Valtter VIRTANEN KELS

Ladies
1 Viveca LINDFORS ESJT
2 Emmi PELTONEN EVT
3 Oona OUNASVUORI HL
4 Emilia TOIKKANEN HL
5 Saara JÄRVINEN JOKA
6 Olivia TUUVA KKJT
7 Jenni SAARINEN KOOVE
8 Joanna KALLELA TAPTL
9 Hanna KIVINIEMI TAPTL
10 Liubov EFIMENKO TL
11 Karoliina LUHTONEN TL
12 Sallianna ÖZTURK TRT
13 Nelma HEDE TTK

Pairs
1 Emilia SIMONEN / Matthew PENASSE KUTA

Dance
1 Olesia KARMI / Max LINDHOLM HL
2 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS HL
3 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN HL

Violetti

On the Ice

Entries/results

Only one guy?!? What happened to all the others? Galay and Papp competed internationaly this season. Pulkkinen, Olenius and Zubik all retired? (yes for Zubik if I good remember)

For the ladies Saarinen is back but no Järvenpää.

Entries
Men
1 Valtter VIRTANEN KELS

Ladies
1 Viveca LINDFORS ESJT
2 Emmi PELTONEN EVT
3 Oona OUNASVUORI HL
4 Emilia TOIKKANEN HL
5 Saara JÄRVINEN JOKA
6 Olivia TUUVA KKJT
7 Jenni SAARINEN KOOVE
8 Joanna KALLELA TAPTL
9 Hanna KIVINIEMI TAPTL
10 Liubov EFIMENKO TL
11 Karoliina LUHTONEN TL
12 Sallianna ÖZTURK TRT
13 Nelma HEDE TTK

Pairs
1 Emilia SIMONEN / Matthew PENASSE KUTA

Dance
1 Olesia KARMI / Max LINDHOLM HL
2 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS HL
3 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN HL

I think Galay and Papp had a good reason to cancel. They were on the list before. But those other men, I do not know.
Järvenpää was said to suffer from over condition (or something like that, I do not know English terms for that) in the beginning of the season.

I hope Emmi and Viveca will go to Euros. Jenni might have changed coach, she is not representing Tappara any more but instead KooVee.

Good to see a pair competing and three ice dance pairs and also one junior ice dance pair.

The winner of the ladies might not go to Euros as those will go who have the best season's best score. Here you see
SM seniorit naiset (senior ladies)
Emmi leading with 153,04, Viveca second with 151,37

http://www.stll.fi/tapahtumat-kilpailut/tulokset/season-best/yl-jt-pl-season-best-2016-2017/

Reynnou

On the Ice

Entries/results

Roman was injured at some competition earlier this year (a challenger I believe) so maybe he still hasn't recovered :confused2:
It's a shame, he's so much more interesting than Valtter...

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So yet ANOTHER year with Virtanen at Euros?????""" Finnish men are doomed.

Yes. Virtanen is already a doctor and working with his dissertation (picked up the word from dictionary, do not know if it is quite right term). I would like to say he should already give space to younger men, but - there is nobody. Roman Galay might be injured, he has been earlier. Well, I have heard Lindfors family has also a boy who skates. We will wait until he grows, but at the moment he is 9. So we must wait for a while.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sad there is no Anni Jarvenpaa :( But I like Viveca a lot too, good luck to her!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Well, I have heard Lindfors family has also a boy who skates. We will wait until he grows, but at the moment he is 9. So we must wait for a while.

So, if everything works out well there will be three Lindfors in three different disciplines, but how about pair skating? It would be kind of cool and funny at the same time if there would be four Lindfors in four different disciplines.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Nice to see a Finnish pair skating. I opened the livestream just in time to see them.
You can rewind the youtube livestream :-D

Liked Turkkila/Versluis... looks like "hard-direction" twizzles are a bit of a struggle for him, but overall a pleasing performance. No real challenge to Torn/Partinen yet though...

I was impressed by Linnea Ceder in the juniors... only 14 but looks like she's going to have speed, attack and big jumps like Lindfors - but already she has more elegance, refinement and polish... and I liked the range of movement in her transitions...

Speaking of Lindfors... somewhat disappointed in her SP, and I'd been hoping for more improvement especially in presentation... and it's not really happening yet...

Lovely skate by Saarinen, and was that the first decent (Senior Ladies) 2A of the day?!

Now waiting to see what Peltonen can do...

PS. A bit odd having the camera opposite the judges? Not that I'm complaining, so grateful for a livestream - and quality is pretty good, it's HD and the streaming so far is very clean and stable...

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Woo. Peltonen looks to me, easily the top skater here - in spite of mistakes. If she can just skate clean, she'll be getting top-tier scores...

The Finn

Record Breaker
In junior ladies Sula landed 3T+3T in FS. Well done. She is the only finnish junior lady with 3-3 combo.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sofia Sula, winner of the junior ladies, is a name worth of notice. Never heard about her before, but managed to see now. Couple of falls, but still many successfully triples and seems she has got all of triples (expect 3A) in her repertuar. Nice skating style and she was not afraid to take risks. That´s just the right way for young skater should do.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
National Broadcasting companyt YLE seems to not show anything this year. Sorry for that. It is pity that reputation of figure skating is going backwards now local, when we do not have stars like Kiira and Laura.

Sofia's TES is high, 50.28, though she felt twice. But well deserved, I think, because othervise it was nice and still five landed triples. Fast rotation and cute girl. I just read she is the youngest competitor of all.

Violetti

On the Ice
Sofia's TES is high, 50.28, though she felt twice. But well deserved, I think, because othervise it was nice and still five landed triples. Fast rotation and cute girl. I just read she is the youngest competitor of all.

Yes. It was a good program by Sofia Sula.