Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate?? | Golden Skate

Peter Tchernyshev ?? is he still going to skate??

CB1AB2

Medalist
I was wondering if anyone has heard what he is going to do ? Is he still going to skate ? Dance? Pairs ? single?
I sure hope he continues because it would be a shame if he didn't.

cb

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I don't think he could do singles or pairs -- he hasn't jumped in ages. The only thing I've heard was a few months back, when he was looking into skating pro with Gretchuk. Of course, with her personality, I won't be surprised if it never got off the ground.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Apparently, it was reported in a skating magazine that he has a new partner (dance of course) and that it will be revealed to the public soon. Most people expect Shae-Lynn Bourne to be the one. They already skated together in a show in Newington awhile back and were seen training together not very long ago either.

If this is what's going to hapen, I expect them to skate professionaly and probably go to SOI or/ and CSOI. Meno&Sand are not with the tour anymore and maybe they want another duo. Shae-Lynn is also very popular in Canada of course.

Lynn226

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
I don't remember why Kraatz retired--refresh my memory?

IIRC, he felt that to be a pro he needed to devote as much time to training as he did as an amateur. I think that Shae's schedule with coaching was not going to allow for that.

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I would really love to see Shae Lynn Bourne to skate with Peter. I believe that they would make a better couple and with a long term partnership better then Grishuk.

It is unfortunate that Shae and Victor are not skating together anymore just like Peter and Naomie, Both of these danse couple were made for one another but if someone has some chances together it is Shae and Peter now that both their partners are retired.

They could and can bring something magical together on the ice. Just hope that they do create a partnership.

It would of been nice to continue to see both of these danse couple in the future but things happens in life and just cant wait to see for sure if he is skating with Shae.

Good luck to them if they are. Well they wont need luck, they have it done already because of their talent and they would be great to see in a tour because we did not see enough of them has professionals.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I could see him and Shae Lynn together=but=him and Pasha I don't think so.

cb

lulu

Final Flight
If this is any clue: BOI is going to do a 10 page interview with Peter & his new partner for the October issue.

While Peter is certainly a popular ice dancer, I doubt that Peter and an "unknown" would get such a large coverage. It sounds like Peter's partner is also a major name in figure skating.

Peter & Oksana tried out together several years ago-but they didn't mesh. Peter & Shae-Lynn have been skating together at shows. Another person could be Jamie Silverstein-she certainly has a lot of talent, and has US citizenship-which is important if Peter wants to go the Olys. However, I'm not sure how involved she is in Ice dance.

Oh, well-guess we'll all find out for sure in October.

Last edited:

Linny

Final Flight
Peter new partner

Anyone know the relative heights of Peter and Pasha? She's very tall and I don't think he is. For this reason, I'm not sure they'd mesh... although there are certainly notable exceptions in dance where the partners are near the same height.

Linny

lulu

Final Flight
Linny said:
Anyone know the relative heights of Peter and Pasha? She's very tall and I don't think he is. For this reason, I'm not sure they'd mesh... although there are certainly notable exceptions in dance where the partners are near the same height.

Linny

Oksana is not tall-perhaps you're thinking of Angelika Krylova? :)

I know Evgeny Platov is 6'0, and I think I read that Oksana is around 5'2-5'4 range.

Peter is around 6'0-6'1.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
lulu said:
If this is any clue: BOI is going to do a 10 page interview with Peter & his new partner for the October issue.

While Peter is certainly a popular ice dancer, I doubt that Peter and an "unknown" would get such a large coverage. It sounds like Peter's partner is also a major name in figure skating..
Perhaps, but since both Shae-Lynn and Pasha are way more famous that Peter, why is the lead story about him? Concievably, many fans of both ladies may not even bother to read an article about Peter. Wouldn't "Pasha's return to the ice" or "Shae-Lynn makes a splash with a new partner" be much more eye catching headlines? Maybe it's Eve Chalome or Jamie Silversteen after all, famous, but not as famous as him.

Linny

Final Flight
Peter

Peter skated for the USA. That automatically makes him more famous in the US.

For some reason, I thought Pasha was taller. She certainly looked quite tall when she skated with Sasha Zulin.

Linny

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
lulu said:
Another person could be Jamie Silverstein-she certainly has a lot of talent, and has US citizenship-which is important if Peter wants to go the Olys.
I would be very surprised if Peter would now compete as an eligible with another partner. I think it would be too hard to get into skating with another partner at this age at the level needed for eligible skating. I bet he'll just do shows.

soogar

Record Breaker
Who knows? Maybe with an experienced partner such as Silverstein he would progress quicker through the nationals pipeline. Also his goal is to compete in the Olympics and the US isn't that deep in ice dance that Peter and Silverstein (or whomever) can't make the world team next year or the Olympics.

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
I'm sure the new partner is Shae-Lynn. To title the article PPT's new partner makes it more mysterious and intriguing than calling it Shae-Lynn's new partner and makes more people want to buy and read the magazine!

lulu

Final Flight
Linny said:
Peter skated for the USA. That automatically makes him more famous in the US.

For some reason, I thought Pasha was taller. She certainly looked quite tall when she skated with Sasha Zulin.

Linny

I think Sasha is just short. ;)

ladybug

On the Ice
Do you think maybe Peter's new partner could mean his girlfriend rather than a skating partner. Maybe he got engaged....... :cry:

Ladybug

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Petah

Don't worry, LOL - he's not engaged. His appearance on the TV show, "Into Character" airs this month on the cable channel AMC (which I think stands for American Movie Channel or something like that.)

Here's the schedule for Peter's episode - called "Ice Castles."

On AMC:

Into Character: Ice Castles
Wed., Aug. 25 at 10:00 PM / EST

Thu., Aug. 26 at 1:00 AM / EST

Thu., Aug. 26 at 4:00 AM / EST

Tue., Aug. 31 at 5:00 AM / EST

Last edited: