Bavarian Open 2017 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Bavarian Open 2017

Alex D

Record Breaker
Can it be?! A skater with the same name as me???!!! :jaw:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

And it must be even more difficult for Gordon, as it is his kid sister that he is having to be up close and personal with.

But, it sounds like the Greens are pretty good. So, I look forward to seeing how they progress in the years to come.

CaroLiza_fan

We had quite a few Bro-Sis dancers ;), they all did well. It can help with the whole "not afraid" to touch a lady thing, but yes, the brothers might be more protective of their usually younger sis.

I so loved the costumes of team USA and that they brought them to the VC, they were the only ones I believe! ;) If you consider all the hassle they had with finding rooms and stuff, quite an awesome achievement. Still sad about Canada, but the german teams :luv17:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
According to FS Evolution the Canadian junior men swept the podium.

1. Nicolas Nadeau 213.58
2. Conrad Orzel 197.45
3. Joseph Phan 197.28

:clap:

Sabine

On the Ice
Good luck to all the ladies now, but especially to Annika Hocke from Germany, who is doing her last skate at a singles competition. She will concentrate on pair skating.

Alex D

Record Breaker
According to FS Evolution the Canadian junior men swept the podium.

1. Nicolas Nadeau 213.58
2. Conrad Orzel 197.45
3. Joseph Phan 197.28

:clap:
+
Nicolas is fuc.... amazing, such a great athlete and artist! It´s been a while that I had a "crush" on one of our male skaters *laughs*, but I could watch his programs all day.

Alex D

Record Breaker
All smiles at team USA, Angela did it and won the competition with 183.65. ;) Nathalie on two, Lea on three, Seo Young on four and Marsha on five. Congratulations!

Andrea82

Medalist
So happy for them, great programs.

Olivia and Adria 67.52 holy cow!

I read on twitter that S/D's TES is 35.5. Can you confirm?
It would be 0.2 less than H/K's top TES. Hence not enough to be selected for Worlds by a whisker.

purplebabe

Rinkside
If anyone is there watching live, can you post SD results as they happen? No live streaming and no live results online. Thank you!

legjumper

Rinkside
I read on twitter that S/D's TES is 35.5. Can you confirm?
It would be 0.2 less than H/K's top TES. Hence not enough to be selected for Worlds by a whisker.

fs_evolution on twitter and hieloespanol on Instagram both reported a TES of 35.60 for Smart/Diaz, which is 0.1 off Hurtado/Khaliavin's season high of 35.70. So it looks like H/K will represent Spain in Helsinki. So close!

ETA: SD scores have been posted: http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2017/SEG007.HTM

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
fs_evolution on twitter and hieloespanol on Instagram both reported a TES of 35.60 for Smart/Diaz, which is 0.1 off Hurtado/Khaliavin's season high of 35.70. So it looks like H/K will represent Spain in Helsinki. So close!

ETA: SD scores have been posted: http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2017/SEG007.HTM

Thanks. Yes, very close.

British, Swiss and Hungarian couples didn't achieve the TES for Worlds

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thoughts on today

No as it happened, sorry, but a few thoughts about the day.

First of all, it was a very early start with 7 AM and it were the "little ones", who made my day, once more. It is incredible how mature these kids are on ice, with their costumes, the make up and everything and then at the VC´s, they look like the kids I coach at home, in pants, sneakers or and this was my absolute highlight today "star wars jerseys", which Marsha brought to the VC.

Said Russian, was unhappy with her performances, but she is a little star, her programs are so beautiful and emotional, she is such a sweet lady, so much grace, just lovely. A 5th place is not the end, I hope she knows that and that she will always remember how beautiful her skating abilities are.
Beautiful was also Nathalie, seriously had she ever a better FS? In my opinion she didn´t, the composition is breathtaking, it´s a very thoughtful program, where she is not loud and noise, as usually, no she is very calm, with great attitude and a very passionate skate. For me, Nathalie´s best program ever, it suits her so much. Lea Johanna, did also wonderful, she has been working on that artistry "weak spot" that she has and it shows. Almost 30 points above her total PB, that´s just wonderful and so was Angela!

That lady has so much grace on ice, her arms and the posture, it´s amazing and she can grab you with her personality on and off ice. What a fun person to meet and what an artist to enjoy, she is!

America had a great day in general, the novice ice dance sweep, with three fantastic teams was surely not the last podium for them, with Vincent coming on strong tomorrow, fighting for the FS TES for worlds.

The Korean lady was fantastic, our former Turkish ice dancers, now pairs skaters who are coached by Daniel and Maylin, damn what a great job today, just think about the circumstances that they have to skate in, or Maria Katharina ... seriously, they all have things going on in their life and they just come here and say "so what", what a spirit! We can all learn a lot from these people and quite often are huge achievements, not seen by many, as they only look at the top of the podiums, but more than often, are the true winners those behind.

I was also proud of Karoliina, she promised me to land the double Axel and she did it, what a great kid and check out her layback guys, she fought until the end and can be proud of herself!

Josefin, the pocket rocket, oh boy was she fun to watch, what a speedy Gonzales on ice, fabulous or Aimee, with that incredible touching skate, she is so beautiful on ice or Elif, that girl shows what FS is all about, having a good time on blades, leaving the crappy world we live in, behind us!

It was also wonderful, to see that British junior dance pair again, Emily & James - they are so charming, that balance is amazing, I can´t wait to see, what they bring tomorrow and a big shout out to Flora & Pietro, you guys showed what ice dance or any dance is all about, it´s about fun and entertainment, about joy and they captured this beautifully today in a not that easy ice dance marathon, with sadly too many errors, but again, the circumstances are not the easiest and tomorrow we will have the crown of figure skating, the Free Dance!

I just wanted to write these lines before I sleep,

sorry for not writing much more detailed.

P.S.

I also met a lady today, she was a former ice dancer, so wonderful and she agreed that we need to work on this sport more, we need to bring it back into the public and make it easier to understand for those, not that knowledgeable. It´s so simple things like "why is someone a senior", "what rhythm do they dance to", "what is the difference between Lutz and Toe Loop" - we need to teach these things better, to those around us and not treat them badly, just because they ask more questions ;)

P.P.S.

Nicolas :luv17: what a skater and performer, well done, I was grooving on my bench!

GN

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Emily Rose Brown & James Hernandez are the future of British ice dance, mark my words ;) Such a strong couple on ice, great connection between both skaters and the perfect music choice, also already in the SD.

Overall, a very enjoyable day so far, the skaters do so well, with transporting the joy of ice dance into the heart of our small crowd here, you might can guess it, the sun is shining and this sadly always leads to deserted stands... even if the sun in here, shines much brighter than outside. ;)

Emily Rose & James 122.32
Alina and Sasha (Alexander) 121.90
Sabrina & Andrej 113. 34

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So Alex it was Russia, Canada, and who was in third?