2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD

Giselle

Medalist
Only 0.56 between S/K an I/Z. It will be a real battle in the FD. I wish Z/G had scored closer to them.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Like I thought be4 no front-runner in the skiz battle
Anyone can be 3rd in the FD

The thing is top two were set in stone even before the competition. RN = a summary of the Grand prix events. Placement will reflect 100% the results on the GP irrespective of the actual skating. To be more precise, I don't think B/S were 4 points better than S/B, but B/S were spectacular on the GP (and got on GPF were they beat two American teams). S/B were solid on the GP but only got a bronze, so a second place here, because the rest of the pack did not medal. Next: S/K and I/Z were pretty much similar in terms on results, so no need to differentiate one of the other that much - it was a matter of luck who got third or fourth. But since I/Z are more prone to mistakes and less reliable in the last period of time, the judges marked them slightly lower.
So I repeat again, this is not an actual competition, unless someone has a big mistake/meltdown and shake things up. The results are predetermined.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Just skating skills! Very close. Its a no-decision. They didn't want to make a decision yet.

Interpretation and Performance also. S/K were much more reserved and tentative to not miss the elements. I/Z gave it 110% because they could not afford to be conservatively clean. It didn't matter anyway in the end.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It was just a delivery, so I'm back now.

Gonna play catch-up from where I left it at the end of Evdokimova / Bazin. So no more comments.

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
So Ruslena is the one that the Fed does not support out of my favourites. Oh well... On a positive, I think Ruslan is improving with every year :)
Imo the Fed wrote both off as unreliable
& I can't blame them tbh:slink::(
If we look at the big picture what's the prize in being country's #3:confused2:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I hope I/Z can pull up to 3rd and at least get Euros, but I'm not going to count on it, since their SD has been their strength on the GP and they've fallen in the standings in the free.

elif

Medalist
I/Z were really slow and heavy on the ice :(.
S/K looked very polished and even Victoria sold it good, but again the short is better than their free.

on the contrary, i thought S/K were better than I/Z and S/B in the short.... sharp and polished.

After anyone who write I/Z better than S/K, madison personally will answer opposite way. We will see If my prediction is true. :)

You would think russian federation learned 2010-2014 area where their russian champion lose worlds to other russian couples everytime. :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Unfortunately you are right, especially since RN no. 1 is battling for bronze at most, and even a bronze medal seems optimistic since I don't see B/S beating P/C, V/M or S/S anytime soon

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Oh, I agree they are unrealiable. The GP performances were kind of freaky. :hopelessness: But scoring base on consistency is freaky too.

noidont

Final Flight
I/Z was better than S/K but S/K looks better... Mrs. Morozov is not bad. Her partner not so much.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
The thing is top two were set in stone even before the competition. RN = a summary of the Grand prix events. Placement will reflect 100% the results on the GP irrespective of the actual skating. To be more precise, I don't think B/S were 4 points better than S/B, but B/S were spectacular on the GP (and got on GPF were they beat two American teams). S/B were solid on the GP but only got a bronze, so a second place here, because the rest of the pack did not medal. Next: S/K and I/Z were pretty much similar in terms on results, so no need to differentiate one of the other that much - it was a matter of luck who got third or fourth. But since I/Z are more prone to mistakes and less reliable in the last period of time, the judges marked them slightly lower.
So I repeat again, this is not an actual competition, unless someone has a big mistake/meltdown and shake things up. The results are predetermined.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you but in regards to #3 I doubt the Fed cares that much
So the result can't be 100% set in stone bc both couples imo are more of the same & for the Fed imo it really doesn't mean much what pair is going to euros

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow, I can't believe there were 3 teams worse than STAVITSKAYA/BAGIN... ;)

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV 81.40 video
2 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN 76.47 video
3 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV 73.78 video
4 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN 73.22 video
5 Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO 69.01 video
6 Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN 60.85 video
7 Maria STAVITSKAYA / Andrey BAGIN 56.28 video
8 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Anton SHIBNEV 53.03 video
9 Ludmila SOSNITSKAIA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV 52.58 video
10 Anastasia SAFRONOVA / Ilia ZIMIN 45.18 video

gmyers

Record Breaker
Interpretation and Performance also. S/K were much more reserved and tentative to not miss the elements. I/Z gave it 110% because they could not afford to be conservatively clean. It didn't matter anyway in the end.

Its so close. Its basically a tie and one too long lift deduction could change everything in the FD.

Sure its for number three but better to go to euros than not! I assume! Why wouldn't a team want to go to euros?

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Oh, I agree they are unrealiable. The GP performances were kind of freaky. :hopelessness: But scoring base on consistency is freaky too.

I agree it's not fair for the sportsmen but the Fed thinks differently
All they care about is who skates cleaner overall/less prone to mistakes & can get better placements/keep spots
Such is life
Bottom line is IZ has equal chance & considering SK dance is difficult everything is possible
I just hope no mistakes for both teams:clap:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, I can't believe there were 3 teams worse than STAVITSKAYA/BAGIN... ;)

Although I have always thought that Stavitskaya is a star, I suspect ditching her previous partner may be part of the reason she has rocketed up the order...

Unfortunately, Vasilisa Davankova now has him. :disapp:

Davankova was definitely let down by Shibnev. Even though she is new to Dance (like Stavitskaya was when she partnered him), you can already see that she is a LOT better than her partner.

Davankova was a star in Pairs, and she is a star in Dance.

She deserves better.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
Its so close. Its basically a tie and one too long lift deduction could change everything in the FD.

Or a twizzle mistake?

I/Z scored 1.20-1.56 GOE for their lift on grand prixs. S/B scored 1.20-1.46 GOE. In russian nationals I/Z scored their lower GOE (1.20) while S/B scored 1.71 which is almost perfect. (1.80) Internationally we see this score from V/M, P/C. Even at world championships it is very rare for other couples. I/Z can score 1.20 easily on international stage, S/B's 1.71 is very very hard. We call this national overscoring, just for S/B but who cares right...:laugh:

Last edited: