2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Don't get me wrong I agree with you but in regards to #3 I doubt the Fed cares that much
So the result can't be 100% set in stone bc both couples imo are more of the same & for the Fed imo it really doesn't mean much what pair is going to euros

True, they could decide to send the #4 team to Euros instead.

Mattieu

Medalist
or maybe fifth, e.g. Tiff and John ;;)

I doubt that somehow, since they gave them lower marks than they got internationally, quelle honte!!
OK, maybe Tiff and John are not yet ready for Euros, but to sacrifice them because they have invested so much money in their former Olympic champions Ilinykh, and Katsalapov is just sad.

madison

Record Breaker
I doubt that somehow, since they gave them lower marks than they got internationally, quelle honte!!
OK, maybe Tiff and John are not yet ready for Euros, but to sacrifice them because they have invested so much money in their former Olympic champions Ilinykh, and Katsalapov is just sad.

I think they would have been the same as the other couples S/K and I/Z... it's not like someone would expect for them to win the Europeans

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really liked all of the top4 teams, but the scores looked pretty pre-established to me :scowl:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Or a twizzle mistake?

I/Z scored 1.20-1.56 GOE for their lift on grand prixs. S/B scored 1.20-1.46 GOE. In russian nationals I/Z scored their lower GOE (1.20) while S/B scored 1.71 which is almost perfect. (1.80) Internationally we see this score from V/M, P/C. Even at world championships it is very rare for other couples. I/Z can score 1.20 easily on international stage, S/B's 1.71 is very very hard. We call this national overscoring, just for S/B but who cares right...:laugh:

What did I/Z do to get any kind of boost? They didn't win any GP medal like S/B and B/S did? They are with S/K. No medal winning no boost deserving teams. I/Z have been russian champs! They were when they deserved it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Takeaways from the SD:

- Either the judges were generous with some teams and not with others, or all teams from #2 to #5 are virtually tied in BV. B/S three points over the rest.
- The international results from the GPs are playing a part in the scores given here - otherwise I/Z would be in second place.
- As we thought it would happen, two teams have to battle against each other for the third place, but one of them is not as favored to win as the other, which doesn't mean the latter is in a much better place.
- As much as Z/G are being pushed, they are still relegated to fifth with no chance of moving up for now.
- Barring a disaster, tomorrow the fed is going to pick the third team for Euros. Worlds's team is pretty much locked, unless another surprise ban comes out of nothing.

elif

Medalist
What did I/Z do to get any kind of boost? They didn't win any GP medal like S/B and B/S did? They are with S/K. No medal winning no boost deserving teams. I/Z have been russian champs! They were when they deserved it.

IZ not medalling their GPs will make S/B getting more points on international events? I didn't know that :) Good luck on that perfect GOEs on world championships. :) If judges doesn't award them +3s like candy, they can always say ''IZ not medalled, we got bronze we deserve +3''. I'm sure international judges will see point.

elif

Medalist
For example:
Career high for S/B's PCS is 34.45. They scored 36.77. This is national score.
I/Z got 35.45 PCS in TEB. They got 35.39 here. This is international score.
S/K best score was 35.20 (Worlds 2016) This season they were around 34. They got 35.77 here. This is something between two of it.

If Stepanova/Bukin say to judges ''IZ not medalled on their GPs, can we have some more PCS now?'' I'm sure judges will give them. Sure of it...:laugh:

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
I don't get why S/B are marked so high, you could drive a bus between them! S/K are much better skaters.

gmyers

Record Breaker
IZ not medalling their GPs will make S/B getting more points on international events? I didn't know that :) Good luck on that perfect GOEs on world championships. :) If judges doesn't award them +3s like candy, they can always say ''IZ not medalled, we got bronze we deserve +3''. I'm sure international judges will see point.

It means that S/B have a certain status that I/Z do not at the moment.

I don't get why S/B are marked so high, you could drive a bus between them! S/K are much better skaters.

International judges placed S/K below Hawayek and Baker this season! Think about that! That's an unspeakable disaster.

Mattieu

Medalist
It means that S/B have a certain status that I/Z do not at the moment.

International judges placed S/K below Hawayek and Baker this season! Think about that! That's an unspeakable disaster.

Not really, Baker is a phenomenal skater, no embarrassment there!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, S/B went clean in both GPs, while S/K and I/Z did not. I'm not defending them, tbh I just cheer for B/S, but the fed is trying to push them this year, and they were rewarded by the judges internationally, after all. I/Z got their chance, the same with S/K last year, now we'll have to see how S/B will fare in the near future.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
With this new world record score by B/S, V/M should be afraid now. Change of guards.

Idk about that. The world record score might be because of nationals inflation. I can't see B/S beating V/M or Papadakis/Cizeron this year (or, probably, ever again). They could beat the top two American teams for bronze, maybe.

keasus

On the Ice
Idk about that. The world record score might be because of nationals inflation. I can't see B/S beating V/M or Papadakis/Cizeron this year (or, probably, ever again). They could beat the top two American teams for bronze, maybe.

Not with that free dance.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Not really, Baker is a phenomenal skater, no embarrassment there!

But Russia really believed and still believe a little that S/k are worth something and made them the number 2 Russian team and then judges take Russia #2 and place them behind US #5. It's a signal that s/k aren't respected.

With this new world record score by B/S, V/M should be afraid now. Change of guards.

Funny sarcasm! Of course Russia Should always do what they did that one year and hire outsiders to be the technical panel. But they should also hire outsiders to be the judges too. Ice dance won't be fixed til they do!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Wasn't Monko an injury retirement and now khalavian's in Spain and national champion of Spain.