2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
not gonna watch live
too stressful :hopelessness:
as usual praying for twizzles

I’m glad I just watch for entertainment. Which was gorgeous!

Wow both Ruslena and Sinkat off today. Gonna be close

How were they off? I think both skated well and are pretty close to their personal best, no?

If Katsalapov and Ilinykh had continued to skate together they would have had a big chance to win an olympic medal. Now none of them will (except for a team medal?).

gmyers

Record Breaker
God Lord, nooo
i don t want to see Bukins as Russia no 1 :(
maybe some talented juniors will appear meanwhile ....

People were saying talented junior teams would replace bobrova and soloviev- now most of them no longer exist!

madison

Record Breaker
I’m glad I just watch for entertainment. Which was gorgeous!

How were they off? I think both skated well and are pretty close to their personal best, no?

If Katsalapov and Ilinykh had continued to skate together they would have had a big chance to win an olympic medal. Now none of them will (except for a team medal?).

Now I'm again nostalgic about I/K ... they were brilliant together, special... why did they have to split??!! :(

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Interesting FD scores for S/K. :biggrin: Nikita almost lost hold of the blade while doing the twizzles. :laugh: Tarasova sounds so excited for S/B's performance. :laugh: Overall, not a bad result.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV 197.26 video
2 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN 189.54 video
3 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV 178.45 video
4 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN 178.28 video
5 Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO 169.46 video
6 Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN 152.15 video
7 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Anton SHIBNEV 139.44 video
8 Maria STAVITSKAYA / Andrey BAGIN 139.23 video
9 L. SOSNITSKAIA / P. GOLOVISHNIKOV 128.05 video
10 Anastasia SAFRONOVA / Ilia ZIMIN 112.22 video

madison

Record Breaker
People were saying talented junior teams would replace bobrova and soloviev- now most of them no longer exist!

Well, let's hope history won't be repeated.
Don't get me wrong, Bukins really have good programs this year, and he has charisma, but her skating skills won't bring them to the top of the standings :(.

bwayrose7

On the Ice
Now I'm again nostalgic about I/K ... they were brilliant together, special... why did they have to split??!! :(

Because they were volatile. Two very strong personalities, plus their personal drama... when they were on, they were excellent, but they would have been even more unreliable than their current partnerships, IMO

madison

Record Breaker
Because they were volatile. Two very strong personalities, plus their personal drama... when they were on, they were excellent, but they would have been even more unreliable than their current partnerships, IMO

I always thought that they will be more consistent and more stable in time, when they mature.
When they broke, they had only 19 and 22, still teenagers.

elif

Medalist
For now, but once Bobrova/Soloviev retire...:hpull:

Don't worry:laugh: By the time B/S retire, judges will be dropped them long ago. We see enough times with Belbin/Agosto, Chock/Bates, Shibs and countless other couples. Every other dance champions have soft knees, good acceleration and speed over the ice.Not everyone has good lines, beauty, charisma. But everyone have strong skating skills. Stepanova doesn't have any of that. Thankfully world of ice dance is not that desperate.:laugh: If they are I can begin skating, Spepanova's level not far away from me. :laugh:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I knew I will come back to see I/Z slightly behind S/K again. :( I guess Fed really want to keep them close enough, but somehow never there :rolleye:

Giselle

Medalist
Big congratulations to Bobrova/Soloviev!

I still remember clearly first seeing them at the Junior Grand Prix final in 2006 in Bulgaria (10 years ago!). They, Hubbell/Hubbell and Samuelson/Bates were the top contenders for the title and they ended up 3rd. Then they ended up winning Junior Worlds when both teams made huge mistakes in the CD.

They are perhaps not the most naturally gifted ice dancers but I take my hat off to them! Year after year they kept improving (Katya's posture, speed, choreo...) and delivering when others (like I/K :slink: ) failed to do so. At the time it was said that Gorshkova/Butikov, Riazanova/Guerreiro or Monko/Khaliavin for example would easily surpass them but it didn't happen.

They now have one the longest lasting partnership in this field. They stayed together through tough times. Respect!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Sorry to say ruslena fans but that Bollywood fd is a hot mess!
And so is that partnership.

rosy14

Final Flight
Well, let's hope history won't be repeated.
Don't get me wrong, Bukins really have good programs this year, and he has charisma, but her skating skills won't bring them to the top of the standings :(.

I wouldn't be so sure. If Judges decide otherwise, bad skating skills or not, they will rise up on the podium levels. It has already happen, recently.

rosy14

Final Flight
Don't worry:laugh: By the time B/S retire, judges will be dropped them long ago. We see enough times with Belbin/Agosto, Chock/Bates, Shibs and countless other couples. Every other dance champions have soft knees, good acceleration and speed over the ice.Not everyone has good lines, beauty, charisma. But everyone have strong skating skills. Stepanova doesn't have any of that. Thankfully world of ice dance is not that desperate.:laugh: If they are I can begin skating, Spepanova's level not far away from me. :laugh:

Are you impyling Shibs have bad skating skills ?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
So watched everyone
My top 3 would be BS SK IZ

Sorry Bukins but as much as I love the SD I dread the FD:hopelessness:
Tiffany- respect cause she was skating while sick
Mrs Morozova is a beauty but must work a lot+change the partner probs to be competitive
Liked the SPb couple @ last place with Dave Franco as a partner They were better than Staviskaya for sure

Still mad no Betina/Sergey:bang: