2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

Maybe you can re-read the post(s), and let ALL of the info filter through and not just pick/choose what you want to argue/discredit. I don't think I need to explain it twice, though I admire your tenacity on the matter I will NEVER agree with you on it.

I hope S/K never look like they did here again.

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Maybe you can re-read the post(s), and let ALL of the info filter through and not just pick/choose what you want to argue/discredit. I don't think I need to explain it twice, though I admire your tenacity on the matter I will NEVER agree with you on it.

I hope S/K never look like they did here again.

I'm sorry but you're making it sound like S/K didn't have clean SBS jumps, clean lifts - although slow, yes. That's half of the program already, and yeah, they had problems with the twist and the throws, but they were penalized for that, while T/M have a much bigger BV than them and didn't even manage to get their TES right. They lost on the only part of the score they could win.

I'm just trying to be realistic, and mainly for their sake. They can't expect those scores internationally unless they hopefully regain their health and training. They're my favorite Russian team and I've missed them all year, I'm glad to see them back at all, their skating is gorgeous quality, the lines, everything. Is it anywhere near the quality on all of these elements at even regular GP season last year? No..

They did sbs 3toe-2toe and 2axel, and while beautifully executed, that was more impressive when Jenny Meno/Todd Sand and Oksana Kazakova/Artur Dmitriev did it. They had to scale back mainly because they aren't in their best condition yet. If they had gone after T/M it might've made a bit of sense, but they went before T/M even skated and had a few obvious problems/didn't have their usual speed and attack. Tarasova and Morozov had 2 clean throws and made mistakes, but they still looked like it wasn't their first outing. Their PCS were more in line with what international panels have been giving them this year.

Love them regardless :)

I know you disagree with people being upset about it, but I just didn't really get how you couldn't see where people are coming from. You admitted the scores could've been lower, even just .25 across the board would've been the difference between first and second place. It's just Nationals, but still. I hope they don't take these scores too much to heart because I don't think they're realistic internationally unless they up their game again.

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
If anyone is realistic, it's them. This is freaking Nationals, for christ's sake, nobody takes these scores seriously.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
No it's not.

I've explained why there's an outcry, if you still don't understand why people are frustrated over the result than I'll stop before it gets too heated. The PCS for Stolbova and Klimov were too high.

I love Stolbova and klimov but you can't justify those PCS, as loved as S/K are the majority of the international skating community just laughed at those PCS marks.

No one is justifying their PCS in absolute terms, only in relative terms. Compared to T/M getting 9.25s, yes S/K should be getting 9.75s. They have superior skating skills, interpretation, choreography, etc. A flawed program usually affects Performance/Execution PCS the most unless a team completely bombs.

This is russian nationals. They're using PCS to distinguish among Russian skaters WITHIN this competition, not to provide a metric comparable to that of international competition (like the Japanese nationals seem to do). Mikhail Kolyda was given 94 in PCS after a program with a fall and several sloppy landings for god's sake. Patrick/Javier/Yuzuru only get that when they nail their free skates cold. If you thought that this competition was supposed to reflect stringent international level judging, girl do I have some news for you

Last edited: