Who is attending? | Golden Skate

Who is attending?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, doesnt look at this point that we have mongrel hoards of GSers attending the comp.
MFarone, sk8dc, A. H. Black, louisa05 for Ladies free and I?
(skatelikewind1966)
(semosk8tfan)
(Teddy99)
(shiroKJ)
(Liz1201)
(msz)
(sixtyandskating)
(KKonas)
(sabinfire first alternate:))

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I will be there. Staying with friends near Independence until Wednesday, then staying at Crown Center for the weekend.

Teddy99

Rinkside
I'll be getting in Thursday for those skating events and staying through Men FS on Sunday!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'll be getting in Thursday for those skating events and staying through Men FS on Sunday!

Well, that's eight of us at least. I dont blame people for not showing. This event is going to be far more expensive than San Jose.
Or a single occupency room on a 15 day cruise to and around Hawaii. Sorry....I have Hawaii on the brain. Lots of my favorites will be
gone after San Jose and I have never been to Hawaii, and I am not getting any younger...

msz

Spectator
Hubby and I have tickets for SD and Men's SP. First time to get to nationals since Dallas in 2003.
Headed to Lawrence for KU basketball game on Saturday. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hubby and I have tickets for SD and Men's SP. First time to get to nationals since Dallas in 2003.
Headed to Lawrence for KU basketball game on Saturday. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Not sure but I think it is ill eagle to go to nats and only see two short programs.....:rofl:
Once here, it will suck you in....
msz, I think you have the record....3 posts in 13 years?

sixty&skating

Spectator
Long time GSer, first time poster. I'm attending! It will be my first time at a big competition and I am so excited!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I just bought tickets on impulse since it was pretty cheap :laugh: I'll be there from Friday PM to Sun PM. I really wanted to go to junior ladies but I can't make it in time and I don't want to take Thursday off :eek:hwell:

Does anyone know the bag policy in Sprint Center, they didn't specific on their site. I want to go straight from airport to the venue, but I'll have a backpack on me. In Boston, they didn't allow backpacks and they made people put it in storage somewhere/drop it off... :think:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just bought tickets on impulse since it was pretty cheap :laugh: I'll be there from Friday PM to Sun PM. I really wanted to go to junior ladies but I can't make it in time and I don't want to take Thursday off :eek:hwell:

Does anyone know the bag policy in Sprint Center, they didn't specific on their site. I want to go straight from airport to the venue, but I'll have a backpack on me. In Boston, they didn't allow backpacks and they made people put it in storage somewhere/drop it off... :think:

I would check with the LOC and the arena, but I would be surprised if they let you bring in a backpack...but stranger things have happened. Maybe you can leave it at customer services....another option would be to ship a small box with estencials to your hotel in advance to lighten the load.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I would check with the LOC and the arena, but I would be surprised if they let you bring in a backpack...but stranger things have happened. Maybe you can leave it at customer services....another option would be to ship a small box with estencials to your hotel in advance to lighten the load.

Yeah I was doubtful too :( I guess I can just look for a storage area near the venue.

louisa05

Final Flight
Will anyone else have a car?

Parking looks ghastly. So I was hoping if anyone else is driving, they might post if they find decent parking prior to Saturday night when we arrive!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am in KC visiting family, they tell me daytime parking downtown during the week is awful. They suggest parking at City market and taking the streetcar.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Well, that's eight of us at least. I dont blame people for not showing. This event is going to be far more expensive than San Jose.
Or a single occupency room on a 15 day cruise to and around Hawaii. Sorry....I have Hawaii on the brain. Lots of my favorites will be
gone after San Jose and I have never been to Hawaii, and I am not getting any younger...

Sounds like you have to make it to San Jose and then jump a flight to HI! One thing we all have in common is that none of us are getting any younger, God speed!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sounds like you have to make it to San Jose and then jump a flight to HI! One thing we all have in common is that none of us are getting any younger, God speed!

Ohhhh...no flights to Hawaii for me! I am a pilot and aircraft mechanic.....I dont trust the darned things! LOL!
Plus I go crazy after three hours on a commercial airliner.....The cruise ship from San Diego/LA/Vancouver is the ticket....15 days of food, self medication and hula girls....dont tell my wife!