Bobrova & Soloviev: "We are very grateful" | Golden Skate

Bobrova & Soloviev: "We are very grateful"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev captured their sixth gold medal at the 2017 Russian National Championships. Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin won their first silver medal, while Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov, last year’s silver medalists, had to settle for bronze.

More
“We are very grateful to the judges for their high assessment of our program,” said Soloviev after the record-breaking short dance score. “We appreciate that they want to encourage us and motivate us to move forward and improve. However, I have to say that our performance was very good, both technically and emotionally, and we are very happy about it because our first training in Chelyabinsk was not quite as good.”

“I was very nervous,” admitted Bobrova after the short dance, “but my partner told me that it must be fatigue. We had a lot of competitions this year with at most a two-week break between them.”

What are your thoughts on the top 4 placements' performances?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their marks were so inflated, it's no wonder they were grateful.

SD: 81.40
FD: 115.86
Total: 197.26

They would love to get such marks from international judges (as if).

I thought the top four placements were OK, although I was hoping for more from Ilynikh and Zhiganshin.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really says something about Russian ice Dance that this team has won 6 straight titles to be honest.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
They haven't won 6 straight titles. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin won the title in 2015.

I like the bronze team the best. I really have never liked b/s - so many better teams in the world. I guess their fed loves them tho. Hey that is ice dance. Nothing new.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Lying about their step levels does them no good. They need foreign technical callers like they did that one time. They are not a level 4 step sequence team now. That's just a fact.