Russian Nationals 2017 live reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 live reports

andy08

Rinkside
Samkrut, your reports are like a 4D experience... as if a Was there! Big Huge thanks!!! And Merry Christmas to Everybody!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Samkrut, your reports are like a 4D experience... as if a Was there! Big Huge thanks!!! And Merry Christmas to Everybody!

Thank you! And Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it today! We in Russia do it in January. But some people like to celebrate the catholic one as well so that we now have both. Same as with February 14. Before ladies had just March 8 as a special occasion for presents and flowers. Now men should also notice St.Valentine's day February 14 :)

Now that funny colored Zambonis are doing there job a few remarks about the first half. I enjoyed it! So much for the whining that before the grass was greener and figure skaters were more artisitic. The current crop of skaters is no less artistic - they just have more challenging technically routines. I mean most of them including Kovtun who was a big fun to watch. A/R were much much better today compared with their yesterday bland performance. So much passion, so much of pair skating!

I am a bit worried about Maria's 2A - she popped it again just in front of me. But in general she was good - faster than yesterday. She did not look heavy in her dress - she looked gorgeous. Anna is as usual a queen of galas - her skating is different - more delicacy and sensuality vs. power and passion of her regular routines. But the highlight of this half was Elena - it was just outstanding. I am sure it is not over with her. She will fight back - she is too gorgeous to give up.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I cannot say better than my neighbor when all the participants lined up: "the fairy tale is over". Sad but true.

It was like a fairy tale. A beautiful day here in Chelyabinsk: sunny with no wind, a lot of snow everywhere and just -10C, not bad at all for this part of the world. A truly Christmas day and a Christmas present to all FS lovers made by Russian skaters.

So many positive emotions before the last working week of 2016!

The second half was as good as the first one. Suprisingly enough but the biggest ovation was earned not by Medvedeva or B/S but by Mikha Kolyada. He is a beautiful skater and his program was a masterpiece. Same as B/S actually. The level of drama and emotions hit all the limits as they danced.

As for the ladies, the highlight for me in the second half was not Evgenya but Alina. She rivaled Alisa Fedichkina in her skittish flirtation with the public performing to Pink Panther. Still, she meant business starting her gala performance with 3Lz-3T. She is something. But it is hard to tell now if she is going to survive puberty. So she is either the next very big thing coming from Russia or....we have to enjoy it while it lasts.

I am not sure if the video got it but once everybody left the ice Medvedeva showed up once again to do her signature 3S-3T-3T in front of the public. May be she heard complaints about UR on the last jump and wanted to prove she can do it clean to everyone? Or may be she just enjoys herself.

OK, back to Moscow now. I enjoy this sport, enjoy watching competitions live. May be I should go to the worlds in Helsinki provided the logistics makes sense and there are tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Well, the "fairy tale" continued. The whole team is in the airport now. I was standing in check-in line right behind Sambo. So I said a few warm words to Medvedeva and congratulated Dudakov, even shaked his hand. Looks like they are not aware of Goldenskate - I guess, it is for the better. Security gave Bobrova hard time - it was fun to watch how they first checked her huge bags and then how she wrapped them up. In fact they still do it as I write.

Lady skaters are in general tiny. Zagitova is just a baby same as Skirda with whom she chatted. Zhenya was on her own, well with Eteri. Shame on Dudakov - he still smokes at least he told Eteri that he will join the team upstairs once he finishes his cigarette.

I wonder if on the plane I seat among skaters.

Quick update: the announcement in the airport: "Passenger left a mobile phone and the boarding pass with the name Zhiganshin, please, come to desk 8"

Another update. There were ideas that Mirzoev does not like Mishina. I am sitting 5 meters from them in the waiting area. Each of them is inside their smartphone. At least they are sitting together. She btw has long lovely hair and a cute young girl so I am sure her looks is not the reason of tension between them.

Liza and her BF are late for boarding so thatthey are called. The announcer is as far from FS as one could be: she names Liza TuktAmysheva with a wrong accent.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Liza and her BF are late for boarding so thatthey are called. The announcer is as far from FS as one could be: she names Liza TuktAmysheva with a wrong accent.
Btw her actual surname is indeed TuktAmysheva

Btw spy on Dimalisa!!!!!!!

madison

Record Breaker
Well, the "fairy tale" continued. The whole team is in the airport now. I was standing in check-in line right behind Sambo. So I said a few warm words to Medvedeva and congratulated Dudakov, even shaked his hand. Looks like they are not aware of Goldenskate - I guess, it is for the better. Security gave Bobrova hard time - it was fun to watch how they first checked her huge bags and then how she wrapped them up. In fact they still do it as I write.

Lady skaters are in general tiny. Zagitova is just a baby same as Skirda with whom she chatted. Zhenya was on her own, well with Eteri. Shame on Dudakov - he still smokes at least he told Eteri that he will join the team upstairs once he finishes his cigarette.

I wonder if on the plane I seat among skaters.

Quick update: the announcement in the airport: "Passenger left a mobile phone and the boarding pass with the name Zhiganshin, please, come to desk 8"

Another update. There were ideas that Mirzoev does not like Mishina. I am sitting 5 meters from them in the waiting area. Each of them is inside their smartphone. At least they are sitting together. She btw has long lovely hair and a cute young girl so I am sure her looks is not the reason of tension between them.

Wow! Thanks a lot about these reports! They are great! Did you also see SinKats and Elena I? Have a nice flight back home!

SelfOM

Rinkside
Thanks for the report and it's awesome that you got meet them! Dudakov has some of my favorite expressions in the KnC.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ok, now that I am in a taxi I will write whatever else I saw before the battery dies.

First of all I respect people privacy and did not behave like a crazy fan asking for pictures and autographs. So I had no more talks with skaters. Getting thank you from Zhenya to my congratulations and a handshake with Dudakov is more than enough.

There was a question about SinKat:
They somehow travelled separately. Nikita was at the front - Lena Ilyinykh at the rear 2 rows from me. Nikita left a bag in the plane and came back. So they ended up in the bus next to each other but as far as I could understand they did not talk to each other. I cannot sasy if Ruslan was around. Nikita manages to draw attention where he is present - same as Elena I.

I made way to Anna P at the entrance to the aircraft and the line was paused just at me. So I had to wait 2 minutes outside. But I felt like a gentleman - our queen did not have to freeze. In the line she was talkative and cheerful - did not look like a person who is constantly wuzzrobbed so that a lot of GS feel sorry for her.

Stepanova/Bukin look like a couple - they were together and she cared for him. She is tall - I would say about 175. In fact all talks that Elena R grew a lot are nonsense. She does not look taller than 170 - I would even say 168. The tallest of them all is a red hair beauty Tiffany: I paid no attention if she was on heels but she looked like 180. The tallest guy is Solovyev - I think about 190. Zabiyako who looks on ice like a model in real life is about 165.

Elena R is very talkative - she has the same backack as my wife. Gucci. In fact we have a chinese fake which we bought for $50. I wonder if she has the original which costs about $4000. Elena R seems to be a friend with young Tarasova who spent a lot of time chatting with her and blocking the way to the toilet. T/M were seating together and seem to be good with each oher. Yuka on the other hand was alone.

Lakkernik was late into the cabin so that there was no space in overhead bins for his bags - had to squeeze them under the seat.

There were Japanese fans sitting among skaters - they were quite humble.

And with this comes the end to live reports from Russian Nationals 2016-2017. I wonder where the next outing is going to be. This time I had a lot of fun including the way back.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Wow do you mean IK sat together on the bus?!!!!!!:laugh::eeking:

Ugh poor Yuko
Btw where were Tamara & Sasha then????

Did you spy more on Lisa & Lazukin btw Hopefully they at least sat together

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

No they did not sit together, it was a bus from the plane to the terminal - they just happened to stand at the same corner.

They were together in Chelyabinsk terminal. Then I lost track of them as Mishin's team flew S7 and I together with the big crowd flew Aeroflot.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

Ugh poor Yuko
Btw where were Tamara & Sasha then????

ooh, do you think they are no longer a couple off the ice?

I have no idea - I just did not see Victoria. She might have gone with the first bus and we were in the second. I do not want to push any gossips. What I saw was that ironically Nikita and Elena got close to each other in the same bus. And the reason was that Nikita left a bag on the plane.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I have no idea - I just did not see Victoria. She might have gone with the first bus and we were in the second. I do not want to push any gossips. What I saw was that ironically Nikita and Elena got close to each other in the same bus. And the reason was that Nikita left a bag on the plane.
no worries I didnt take it as you spreading gossip!

2 mins standing together in the corner still made my day!:laugh::agree:

bramweld

Record Breaker
From all indications Lena and Nikita have moved on quite nicely with their lives, its just us fans who need to let it go. No time like the present :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
The overscoring for Miss Sotskova makes me sad. Miss Pogorilaya deserves more.

I wanted to ask about that. Was Sotskova really that impressive? I also didn't get the scoring for Zagitova. She's a lovely sprite of a girl, Zagitova, but still a bit rough around the edges, maybe Pogo just made too many mistakes? I need to go and watch the videos though. Pogo seemed quite subdued at times at the gala, whereas I/Z seemed at peace with things, but who knows. Pogo's going to Europeans so I hope she bounces back there.

Last edited: