2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Men's FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Men's FS

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Seriously 192 with no clean quad and REP, JSF is going to beat Russians ?
The score is shameless, they could give him deserved scores which is 15-20 pts less and he would be champion in any case. This is so irritating honestly.

Calm down now. (err... haven't watched the skate yet myself ) Let's just hope he can live up to expectations the upcoming competitions. ;) If he does then I guess all is well and good but if not then... :scratch2: but we'll see. :)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Shoma's FS isn't that bad. Sure he did step out and repeated a 4T, but he didn't fall and he saved all the combos. Well-deserved victory!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm herat broken for Takahito :( But congrats to SHoma & Keiji!

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Doesn't Shoma ' s score seem a little too high? There is a penalty for two same quads with no combo right? Not sure this should only be 3 points behind his GPF score. My guess is jsf wants to always have him score in a way so that he doesn't fall behind Nathan in people's minds.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Seriously 192 with no clean quad and REP, JSF is going to beat Russians ?
The score is shameless, they could give him deserved scores which is 15-20 pts less and he would be champion in any case. This is so irritating honestly.

It's because the anointed one has to have a decent score. They're pushing him hard.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just finished watching the broadcast.
Kazuki Tomono had the skate of the night for me. --Which is to say, it was kind of a disappointing Free Skate for everyone.
Hiroaki Sato biffed most of his jumps but still managed to be charming and fun to watch.

Keiji, Mura and Shoma all fought their own demons and it came out as a draw this time.
I'm sad that Mura couldn't have a stand out skate like he did in the SP. Keiji really sold his program as hard as he could after his mistakes. Shoma looked very scared to me when he skated and the broke down crying at the end. I didn't know what to think.

But congrats to the medalists and those who will be chosen to go to worlds.

It's a bit sad on the podium Shoma and Mura looked really solemn and almost sad and I just felt that if Yuzu was there he'd make jokes and make them smile a bit.
Anyway, on to the next half of the season for the men!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
aw just came to see results
Mura only 3rd :sad4:

Congrats to the medalists tho

ntl

Rinkside
Seriously people. It all comes down to base value, as Shoma rotated his jumps and did all of his combos. Remember that he left out his +3T at GPF which he managed to tack on to the 3S this time. This would have made up the point loss from the 4T+REP. Of course there was national inflation, but nowhere near as outrageous as in Russia.

Lysambre

Final Flight
It's because the anointed one has to have a decent score. They're pushing him hard.

And so they should. The US fed is pushing Nathan to the judges like crazy, and we've seen what happened when the Chinese fed didn't push Boyang at all.

It's Nationals, let them push as hard as they possibly can.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Doesn't Shoma ' s score seem a little too high? There is a penalty for two same quads with no combo right? Not sure this should only be 3 points behind his GPF score. My guess is jsf wants to always have him score in a way so that he doesn't fall behind Nathan in people's minds.

That should've counted as a combo and his third combo invalidated. But if I was reading the TES box right, it looked like he got credit for everything! There's favoring the favorite in GOE & PCS, but it looks like they broke the rules outright for him!:confused:

ntl

Rinkside
That should've counted as a combo and his third combo invalidated. But if I was reading the TES box right, it looked like he got credit for everything! There's favoring the favorite in GOE & PCS, but it looks like they broke the rules outright for him!:confused:

The rule was changed quite a few seasons ago. The second 4T received a +REP which means it's worth 70% the original base value but didn't count as a combo.

skatefan22

Medalist

He did 3Lutz2T 3S3T 3A-1/2L-3F. All should be valid. Why should one be invalid??

Lys

Match Penalty
Seriously people. It all comes down to base value, as Shoma rotated his jumps and did all of his combos. Remember that he left out his +3T at GPF which he managed to tack on to the 3S this time. This would have made up the point loss from the 4T+REP. Of course there was national inflation, but nowhere near as outrageous as in Russia.

It comes down to tech panel being very Xmas happy, 'cause even on low quality slow-mo you can clearly see at least two quads and a triple axel were NOT rotated.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The scores are in the record books. This is Nationals and the scores are always inflated.
Shoma was the clear winner here so I will celebrate the anointed one winning his first National Title! :hap10:

carotide

Rinkside
Woah, JNats never this inflated and men's field never so shallow in 10 years, very underwhelming competition. :disapp: