Thanks for the article, Dee.........42

N

nysk8r

Re: Update & Article on the Ice Channel

There's a snowball's chance in hell that I'll ever get the Ice channel.:(

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Dear Michael:

If you build it, we will come!</span> :cool:

D

Dee4707

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Ice Channel will come to be. My problem will be that I will have to upgrade to digital and possibly buy a new TV. Would I do it for the Ice Channel? You bet in a heartbeat!!!

Dee

S

Shallah.K

Don't be shy about calling or emailing your cable company

asking for this direct! I have done both just to be sure they got the message! They asked what channels I would be willing to drop in favor of The Ice Channel. If your company has limited channels be sure to have a short list handy of such channels yourself. If there is enough demand they will add it! So again call & email your cable company then tell any skating fan relatives and friends about it and ask them to do the same. I have been wishing for a skating channel for years and I would hate for it to not finally come to be when it is so very close to happening because not enough fans followed through! Also people with basic cable take heart- sometimes a new channel is on the special packages but once it becomes popular it moves to the basic package. Hopefully this will happen with the Ice Channel.

Anyone else daydreaming of The Ice Channel covering the bits of Worlds that ABC/ESPN can't be bothered with like the Qualifying Rounds? Exhibitions from the GP series? Canadian, Russian, Japanese, & Chinese Nationals? {{{{drool}}}}

D

Dee4707

Re: Don't be shy about calling or emailing your cable compan

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Anyone else daydreaming of The Ice Channel covering the bits of Worlds that ABC/ESPN can't be bothered with like the Qualifying Rounds? Exhibitions from the GP series? Canadian, Russian, Japanese, & Chinese Nationals?[/quote]
Shallah, wouldn't that be a dream come true.

Dee

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: Don't be shy about calling or emailing your cable compan

Heck, I would just like to see my cable company add ESPN Classic and they haven't even done that. dpp

J

Joesitz

Re: Have you tried the ESPN Classic request form here?

Thanks Dee - The article is very informative. WhIle I grew up in the era of Ms Fleming and was delighted with her Oly at Grenoble (the only gold medal for the USA that year), I have also grown to appreciate figure skating on a larger scale.

There are so many figure skaters I am interested in. I do enjoy watching USA skaters win championships but there are skaters who touch a nerve with me that I must follow. Nothing in the article says anything about seeing those skaters whom I get a buzz on that may not make it to the Worlds or other top contests. I still want to see them.

The main question is, if this Channel makes it, will Michael R be able to satisfy me? Will I see Dan Fong, eg., whether or not I go to the Worlds? I could list about 20 more names but you get what I am concerned about. Reruns of Peggy"s Oly gold and Sonia's movies just wont do it.

Joe