IFS Magazine | Golden Skate

IFS Magazine

ladybug

On the Ice
Don't think this has been posted ---but I emailed the International Figure Skating Magazine and they responded. The July/August issue (which is very late) is currently at the printers and they expect it to be out in a couple of weeks. The cover is of Roz S. wedding. They also expect the September/October issue to be a little late but think they will be on schedule for the holiday magazine. As you know, Mark Lund and Lois E. are no longer involved.

This is good news for those who have current subscriptions. :)

Ladybug

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Thanks for checking on this...you beat me to it. I have a subscription, and have been waiting patiently for it.

Why is Mark Lund out of the picture?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the info! I´m a subscriber too and renewed early this year. Feeling happy that I will get the magazines I subscribed...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glacierskater said:
Why is Mark Lund out of the picture?

Check out this thread. Scroll down to Skatefan's posts (especially the one from BOI)

http://www.sashafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8610

On Saturday, July 31, I received an envelope which I thought might contain the new issue of IFS (under the new publisher). When I opened it, there was no magazine yet, but they sent a copy of the current 2004 IFS Calendar (with many of the SOI skaters & other IMG clients). I'm wondering if this is a way of trying to placate IFS subscribers while they're waiting in the meantime. Stay tuned for the new issue, I guess.

Have any other subscribers received a copy of the IFS calendars over the last few days?

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I haven't received any issues for months. More than 3, I think. Maybe 4 or more. I emailed them several weeks ago and never received any answer at all.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Ladybug-
Thanks for posting this information. I'm glad to hear that at least they will be sending out the magazine. I sort of thought that the magazine would cease to be published. Better late then never.

CB1AB2

Medalist
thanks for the info=I was wondering too=the last issue I got had Kristi on the cover= p.s.= no calendar here

cb

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
No calendar, and since I subscribed using my Visa, I recently noticed a charge for what is about a 2 year extension! I don't recall receiving any notification and my current subscription is due for at least 6 moths... Of course, as soon as I saw the new charges then the lawsuit results come out.. I decided not to make a fuss since I like the magazine.

Yana

Glacierskater

On the Ice
iluvtodd said:
Check out this thread. Scroll down to Skatefan's posts (especially the one from BOI)

On Saturday, July 31, I received an envelope which I thought might contain the new issue of IFS (under the new publisher). When I opened it, there was no magazine yet, but they sent a copy of the current 2004 IFS Calendar (with many of the SOI skaters & other IMG clients). I'm wondering if this is a way of trying to placate IFS subscribers while they're waiting in the meantime. Stay tuned for the new issue, I guess.

Have any other subscribers received a copy of the IFS calendars over the last few days?

NO. And I am wondering where it is.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
iluvtodd said:

I read it, but I am still baffled as to what really happened.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I got my calender several months ago, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one having problems receiving the actual magazine; they had to extend my subscription for an additional 4 months to make up for issues missed and it still comes extremely erratically. I've since gotten the impression that this is not unusual..... :confused:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just received my new issue today, so if you haven't received yours yet, it should be on its way.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I received mine today and was glad to read from the label that my subscription will continue until Nov/Dec 05. It seems that at long last those yearly offers (if one renews early, the subscription is lengthened with 2 issues - or something like that, LOL - have been noted. Great!!!

It was wonderful to see that in the international section of the magazine was also a Susanna Poykio article. Here two excerpts:

> This summer she and choreographer Henrik Walentin will again go to Los Angeles to do some training at the HealthSouth facility in El Segundo, where she will also take lessons from Frank Carrol.

"I think it´s very important to have a period of time to work with different coaches and also have the feeling to skate with other elite skaters as well", Poykio said. >

> I think my worst part in the new judging system was actually the connecting steps," Poykio admitted. "It´s hard to say anything about the new judging system yet, because you don´t really know how it will end up to be."

Poykio prefers to concentrate on improving her performances - both in style and substance. She will be ready to show off her skills in the autumn.

"I´m looking forward to next season and wish everybody a very nice summer", she said. >

Marjaana

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist..... :D

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist..... :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Wishful thinking?