IFS Magazine | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IFS Magazine

Kasey

Medalist
No dang calendar, and just recieved the newest issue yesterday....SIGHHHHHH

Kasey

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I received my copy the other day as well. Have to wonder how much faith we should have in "the new regime" at the top, given the fact that the letter from the interim editor-in-chief refers to Roz as an Olympic GOLD Medallist....

I received my copy yesterday and was thinking the same thing. How much do they know about figure skating?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have never ever had a problem with IFS and I think it's the best magazine out there as far as organization and pictures and inside stuff...

The one BOI magazine I have has turned me off the idea of ever getting a subscription and Spotlight on Skating is too expensive. IFS is great, great service and everything...

but that's just me

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
If you had great service from them, Toni, then good for you! Because you were the only one, lol.

Laura :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they had tons of basic grammatical(sp) errors, and if I could pick them out then I found that to be a turn off... I also just didn't like the look of the magazine... it was just whereever an article seemed to "fit" size wise it was entered on the page... it just wasn't appealing...

and thanks for the welcome back... I'm actually still in Portland... fly out on the red eye tomorrow(well today/Saturday) for Anchorage... can't wait it is TOO HOT here... 80* at 10pm at night is too hot for this Alaskan girl! LOL

Jhar55

Medalist
Darn no calender which I'd like to have, I am still using mine from 2002 I print a month off the computer and paper clip it to the calendar. But I did get my new issue with the cover to renew but not renewing this time.

I dunno about these magazines. By the time you get them, the stories I would find interesting are not new but the wedding pictures are ok.

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Roz looks absolutely STUNNING on the cover. I do believe that this lady gets more beautiful every year.... :love:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I am not sure about the Blades on Ice errors, but the latest IFS issue was loaded with typos, errors and such. I counted 5 major ones and I just looked over it. (maybe we should start a thread to see who finds the most typos :))

I haven't seen such unprofessional edition (if that is a way to describe it) since I have been a subscriber. And yes, calling Roz a GM??? BTW, she looked hot!

But, I was just happy to get the issue. I see that my subscription is paid for the next 2 years, I never authorized them to charge my VISA - at least they could've sent me the calendar!

Yana

ladybug

On the Ice
I don't think we should be quite so hard on the IFS Magazine. It took a while for the take over and then a while longer before they could get into the offices. Then I am sure they scrambled to get this first edition to the printers. We should give them a couple of issues to get their feet wet and get a feel for what they are doing.

All in all, I think they did a good job. At least as good as Mark Lund was doing plus they seemed to report on some skaters we rarely ever see in skating magazines.

Isn't a few errors par for the course.

Ladybug

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
My favorite editing error was using the same caption for 2 different pics on page 57. One is in fact of Shizuka Arakawa, Maya Usova, and Evgeni Platov; the other is of Plushy and two middle-aged guys I can't identify. Based on this, Plushy appears to be a dead ringer for Maya Usova..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MinnMan

Rinkside
MinnMan

Your IFS should be coming. I got my copy a few days ago.

Maybe they send it to the oldest first. It has a lot of interesting
news.

ikfan

Rinkside
Ifs

A question for the Canadian posters...... Did everyone in Canada receive the latest edition of the IFS magazine? I live on the East Coast and I still haven't received it!! :mad:

figure8fan17

Rinkside
IFS typos

Yeah, I got my issue a week or so ago and I saw some major errors including the error mentioned ( the same caption detailing Shizuka Arakawa and her coaches under a picture of Plushenko and some other two people I don't recognize.) BTW- Sasha's last name was misspelled ( don't blame me if you think these errors are minor- I am cursed by being a stickler for good spelling and I have an eagle eye for errors) twice
I know I shouldn't take it out hard on IFS magazine, but still...it's a magazine for crying out loud. I can't believe the editors didn't catch the errors before they sent it off to the printer :mad: