Summery, Bummery Lessons and Practices 8/2/- 8/8 | Golden Skate

Summery, Bummery Lessons and Practices 8/2/- 8/8

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Its a new week: How's it going?

Bummery: My only ice time this week was today. We're not open Thursday AM as a good portion of our group is going to the Hershey Open and I have plans for Sunday that preclude skating---have to enjoy a LITTLE of the summer off ice, after all! :laugh:

Summery: The KUFSC youth skaters swept home a bunch of medals and great performances at Skate Wilmington in No Test and Pre-Preliminary. The neat thing was that each kid seemed to really shine in at least one event. :D :D :D .

Great spin lesson today. Two foot spin is really solid and we worked on the extension out of it, leaving the spin. One foot is coming along nicely--I seem to hit it now more than lean out of it, so so far, so good. We also worked on half lutz since the Aston competition in the fall does indeed have an Adult "No Test" category permitting only half jumps, sal and toeloop. A very good morning!!! :D

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Summery practice yesterday-practiced all of my jumps and I just couldn't miss! Bring on the Axel! :laugh:

Getting lower and more centered with my sit spins and my camels are going more then 3 rotations.

sk8pics

Rinkside
I guess both Summery and Bummery: The backward perimeter crossover stroking from the bronze moves test. sigh. It is getting better, but my primary coach is working me to death trying to clean up all the edges. I know he's right but it can be frustrating. On the other hand, my secondary coach was "impresed" with them on Thursday night, and said they were much better than the last time he'd seen them. Then on Friday you'd think I'd never done them before! Oh well, they are actually getting better, just slowly.

Also Summery: I watched the video from my program at Skate Wilmington, and for the first time I didn't cringe! I could really see the improvements people had commented on.

For anyone who's interested, this is a link to a picture of one of my spirals in the program. :)
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...hoto=04ML005D0D0009&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Happy skating,
Pat