What's On Hot Dogs Where You Live? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's On Hot Dogs Where You Live?

JOHIO2

Medalist
In Cleveland, home of "stadium mustard," we tend to like mustard on them. I add sweet relish and onions. Of course, being an ethnic in an ethnic city, I like kielbasa, with sauerkraut.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Jo,

My Mother's best friend lived in Lorain, Ohio and my great aunt in Mentor. We visited every summer the highlight being Cedar Point :love: :love: :love: for us kids. I remember at one of the beaches, Elyria maybe there was a huge concrete basket planter that I thought was the coolest thing in the world. Back on topic, NOWHERE was there a real hotdog (chile and slaw) to be found IIRC in those days.. Cedar Point did have excellent French fries thouigh.

Piel

JOHIO2

Medalist
Piel,

I haven't been out to Cedar Point since my kids were teens. By then, the LAST thing a kid wants around is Mom! They hang out in packs, like wolves! In fact, I haven't been to Geauga Lake -- before it became Six Flags and since it went back to Geauga Lake -- either.

I have, however, been to the Rock Hall and the Zoo without them. One of those close things to do with friends on the spur of the moment.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Let me tell you about the best hot dog that I ever had, and I only can find it in STL, MO. It's very popular at hockey and ball games. These are kosher hot dogs with grilled onions and grilled sauerkraut, YUM!!!! Absolutely outstanding. I can't comment on the toppings in upstate NY, but I haven't heard about anything unusual.

In Russia, hot dogs are normally eaten w/o the bun, just boiled or fried up, and are served with catchup. Oh yes, it's also a typical breakfast food!

Yana

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Personally, I don't eat hotdogs. But here you can get them with anything you want on them. There's even a few hotdog chains - Nathans, Gray's Papaya, other random Papayas. There's even a place in NJ, Ruggs? that deep fries them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In CT, mustard and sweet relish, mustand and sauerkraut,mustard and dill relish, chili and cheese, ketchup only, cheese only, and onions can be found on any of these.

While we lived in VT, sometimes you would see a hotdog like in Eastern Township, Quebec-very finely cut coleslaw with a vinegary dressing with mustard. This is excellent, and I make it at home sometimes.