Random Confessions | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This past few days I've been reflecting on how one person can mean so much to someone. Like a friend of mine I met online almost 2 months ago....well from August 2 to some point in November, I was not my normal super happy and joyful self. I was in almost in a sort of depression. I know why I was in that state, but I'm not going to say why on here as it's a little personal. But it was not doing good on me. October was when rock bottom hit. I didn't know how I was going to get out of it and move on. I wanted to be happy again. Talking to my friends helped, but something was preventing me from doing it. Then I met that friend online that I referred to earlier. I started talking to him, and that plus Skate America were the final pieces I needed to move on and be myself again. To be optimistic again. Talking to someone else about the situation and hearing from someone else, and hearing what they have to say really does help in some ways.

I realize more than ever that when we're in a time of need, for whatever reason, the last thing we should do is isolate ourselves. I am glad you found people you can trust to talk through what you're feeling.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I realize more than ever that when we're in a time of need, for whatever reason, the last thing we should do is isolate ourselves. I am glad you found people you can trust to talk through what you're feeling.

The thing is that before rock bottom hit, I only talked to one of my two BFFs from college cheer about it because it was so painful to talk to others about it. I couldn't hold it in to myself. It was hard with only one person knowing what was going on. But once it got worse, which in early October it happened, I started talking to more people about it. It was a greater comfort knowing I had more people to talk to. And people reassuring that it wasn't totally my fault on why stuff happened. And then when I made that new friend, and I talked to him about it, that final hump was crossed. I had been mostly over the situation by the time the time where I just mentioned happened, but like I mentioned earlier, I was not totally back. Then I became back. And in time for Skate America, which made my year. I never want to be down that low ever again. I don't wish it on anyone.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I'm SO glad that you're feeling better now. Isolation hurts a lot, and it can be cathartic to talk things out! :agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The thing is that before rock bottom hit, I only talked to one of my two BFFs from college cheer about it because it was so painful to talk to others about it. I couldn't hold it in to myself. It was hard with only one person knowing what was going on. But once it got worse, which in early October it happened, I started talking to more people about it. It was a greater comfort knowing I had more people to talk to. And people reassuring that it wasn't totally my fault on why stuff happened. And then when I made that new friend, and I talked to him about it, that final hump was crossed. I had been mostly over the situation by the time the time where I just mentioned happened, but like I mentioned earlier, I was not totally back. Then I became back. And in time for Skate America, which made my year. I never want to be down that low ever again. I don't wish it on anyone.

I am glad to see your courage to get outside to other people with your issue experienced, I think that the most valuable and important thing in all this situation You shared here is the fact that You did not allowed yourself to sink completely under weight of the circumstance, but got up and out seeking understanding. And from my own experience of very secretive, private, self-conscious and reserved person, getting this first step courage is the most heroic, difficult thing to do sometimes, to admit/confess something out loud that bothers You.

To some extend, this reminds me about my stance and openess that is shocking and unwelcome for some people about my past which made me as I am now. I am pretty much not so secretive about things I experienced that seems to be in 'taboo' area in Poland, because well - they were not my fault and for me they are nothing to be ashamed of, on the contrary actually, they made me stronger about giving out how the toughness/ugliness of the situation can make You stronger, better person.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
still at work, eating my supper prepared yesterday - butternut squash stuffed with wholegrain couscous with pepper/tomato/onion hot sauce:):):), figuring out how to watch as much Europeans as possible;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well, today I booked flights to Milan and I don't know if I should be happy for the experience or worried over the rest of planning and action to be done...:slink:

but the first step was done, it's silly, but I cannot believe this is going to happen. In the month of my birthday:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
well, today I booked flights to Milan and I don't know if I should be happy for the experience or worried over the rest of planning and action to be done...:slink:

but the first step was done, it's silly, but I cannot believe this is going to happen. In the month of my birthday:)

Woo I'm excited for you!!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm literally always so tired

Also apparently have really low iron. Supplements here we come!

I highly recommend polysaccharide-iron-complex pills. They are very potent and causes less digestive upset than iron salts. In Canada, they sell under the trade name feramax 150, but has other names (and maybe formulations) in other countries.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I hope you feel better soon!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so excited for you!! What a great birthday present for yourself!:hap93:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I am one with veeery low iron, too - and I know how hard is to function with this issue...Generally, I am lately all over the place, because once I've had this critically low level of iron, but then I got hooked on those multi-vitamin tabs with iron (to do with water) and it got better. But yes, supplements are very important with low-ironers and for some it takes time to find the one working right. Fingers crossed for You to get better and have more energy!:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This past few days I've been reflecting on how one person can mean so much to someone. Like a friend of mine I met online almost 2 months ago....well from August 2 to some point in November, I was not my normal super happy and joyful self. I was in almost in a sort of depression. I know why I was in that state, but I'm not going to say why on here as it's a little personal. But it was not doing good on me. October was when rock bottom hit. I didn't know how I was going to get out of it and move on. I wanted to be happy again. Talking to my friends helped, but something was preventing me from doing it. Then I met that friend online that I referred to earlier. I started talking to him, and that plus Skate America were the final pieces I needed to move on and be myself again. To be optimistic again. Talking to someone else about the situation and hearing from someone else, and hearing what they have to say really does help in some ways.

Online friendships can be just as meaningful as any "real life" one. One of my best friends I met online while in college, it took us ten years to meet face to face, and now we are planning our third vacation together. So glad you are back on the positive side of things. :hug:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I just looked up the lyrics to the song in Ashley Wagner's FS this year and realized that the intro isn't about someone comitting suicide. :slink:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
i took waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many photos at nationals. :no: I'm never going to finish editing. :tired:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Today's confession: I always cry at the ending of Cool Runnings. Always. It just hits me every time. The crash. The silence. Then...they carry the sled to the finish line, and everyone claps for them, and the music swells, and I bawl my eyes out.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
While majority of GS is watching Ladies FS at Euros...

https://youtu.be/26-1t15R_MU, how cool and fun is this?! :love:, I have always wanted to learn swing type of dances, there is something light, whimsical and joyful about them. Every duo is fantastic in that video, but my faves were no. 3 and no. 5. Team no. 3 for me has the best, cleanest in elegant, polished sense feel of the rhythm/rhytmical action, also lovely, effortless nuancing on musical detail in their feet and connections while in holds. Duo no. 5 has the most prominent personality infused inside their style of dancing: every move from one has response from another, great synergy between them, harmony in joy of dancing together, lovely pacing and effective figures/transitions, I love also the feel of unity in them, so in synch even if not being in holds, very expressive, but in engaged way, not over-the-top.

The clip just made me smile:)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
While majority of GS is watching Ladies FS at Euros...

https://youtu.be/26-1t15R_MU, how cool and fun is this?! :love:, I have always wanted to learn swing type of dances, there is something light, whimsical and joyful about them. Every duo is fantastic in that video, but my faves were no. 3 and no. 5. Team no. 3 for me has the best, cleanest in elegant, polished sense feel of the rhythm/rhytmical action, also lovely, effortless nuancing on musical detal in their feel and connections while in holds. Duo no. 5 has the most prominent personality infused inside their style of dancing: every moved from one has response from another, great synergy between them, harmony in joy of dancing together, lovely pacing and effective figures/transitions, I love also the feel of unity in them, so in synch even if not being in holds, very expressive, but in engaged way, not over-the-top.

The clip just made me smile:)

You should look into lessons! It’s alot of fun!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get annoyed sometimes when people complain about judging and saying the sport is going down the drain. I just enjoy it how it is.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Today's confession: I always cry at the ending of Cool Runnings. Always. It just hits me every time. The crash. The silence. Then...they carry the sled to the finish line, and everyone claps for them, and the music swells, and I bawl my eyes out.

Same!