Random Confessions | Page 77 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well...I am 28 today. Another year here, many posts later, many posts too long, too little time to see all of figure skating;)

Thank You all for all the laughs and more sober, serious moments. This place really became 'my' kind of place where I don't feel like weirdo who can talk about FS for hours. I embraced myself and this particular interest more in this past year, I learned a lot from You, discovered new things and perspectives, not even connected directly to figure skating. I learnt that it is good to have dreams, plans, being passionate and engaged about something in my life - and with right approach, it is all reachable. In a week, I hope to be on a plane to Milan and enjoy every single skater I'll see, regardless of ranking and country. I think that it's partly due to this place and people so enthusiastic about the discipline I was motivated enough to let it happen.

You may laugh at me, seeing my age, but after passing 20 I always thought that I am old already - I was always quite a serious person, with 'old soul' as they say, with that narrow, miserable attitude towards basically everything, especially my life. Believe or not, getting deeper into figure skating, finding that interest, following skaters, discipline changed me a bit regarding seeing myself through my age - it added more colour, more excitement, just more of something to look forward to. And it helped me to get more open to other people, having more positive outlook on life, not being constantly afraid.

Here goes a virtual toast shared with all of You, to this upcoming year being as good or even better!:):laugh::hb::ghug:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Well...I am 28 today. Another year here, many posts later, many posts too long, too little time to see all of figure skating;)

Here goes a virtual toast shared with all of You, to this upcoming year being as good or even better!:):laugh::hb::ghug:

The hugs go right back at you! Thank you for being a great network mate and I hope you'll have the best of times at Worlds! I'll toast you after work with an appropriate beverage. Have a brilliant day :hap10::hb:

Mussique

On the Ice
Happy birthday, NoNameFace!
--
The good news are:
•I got some consistent coaching now!:hap10:
The bad news are:
• my technique is awful! (not exactly news, this one) :hopelessness:
• the coach for some reason put me in the advanced adult group and I'm so lost you have no idea!:scratch:
• I don't even know the name of the elements in Spanish! :scratch3:
• whenever I'm told to link more than two elements my brain explodes.:gaah:
• I was starting to kind-of-work in loop and flip and turns out I need to rework all my jumps starting from the waltz jump. :shame:

---
...and to think people still wonder if they can teach themselves figure skating in the Lutz Corner! :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

You may laugh at me, seeing my age, but after passing 20 I always thought that I am old already - I was always quite a serious person, with 'old soul' as they say, with that narrow, miserable attitude towards basically everything, especially my life.

:cheer: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NoNameFace!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

You know, I was always curious about what age you were. Because there were things you wrote that made me think you were around the same age as me, but then there were other things you wrote that made me think you were older.

But after reading this post, everything makes sense now.

A funny story you may enjoy. A few months ago, the first girl I fell for came back into my life. She had left Northern Ireland to go to university in Scotland, and ended up living there for 10 years. But, she has now moved back home permanently.

Anyway, we were chatting away, and then this young family walked past us. And I commented that seeing people I went to school with getting married and having children was making me feel old. And she chastised me, saying that "we are still young!"

I should add at this point that this girl is 4 years younger than me. And because we were so young when we met (I was 10 and she was 6), I still tend to think of her as being very young. Like, 4 years is a lot when you are still at primary school.

So, reading your comment gave me a giggle. Because this girl is 7 weeks older than you!

I am like you in that I am quite serious. But, although I think old, I don't think of myself as being old. So, I am finding it hard to get my head around somebody still in their 20's thinking they are old.

YOU ARE YOUNG, GIRL!!! Enjoy it! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:cheer: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NoNameFace!!! :cheer:

You know, I was always curious about what age you were. Because there were things you wrote that made me think you were around the same age as me, but then there were other things you wrote that made me think you were older.

But after reading this post, everything makes sense now.

A funny story you may enjoy. A few months ago, the first girl I fell for came back into my life. She had left Northern Ireland to go to university in Scotland, and ended up living there for 10 years. But, she has now moved back home permanently.

Anyway, we were chatting away, and then this young family walked past us. And I commented that seeing people I went to school with getting married and having children was making me feel old. And she chastised me, saying that "we are still young!"

I should add at this point that this girl is 4 years younger than me. And because we were so young when we met (I was 10 and she was 6), I still tend to think of her as being very young. Like, 4 years is a lot when you are still at primary school.

So, reading your comment gave me a giggle. Because this girl is 7 weeks older than you!

I am like you in that I am quite serious. But, although I think old, I don't think of myself as being old. So, I am finding it hard to get my head around somebody still in their 20's thinking they are old.

YOU ARE YOUNG, GIRL!!! Enjoy it! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

:ghug:, thanks a lot, CaroLiza_fan, and the story made me smile indeed - both about situation You both faced and the comment;).

My mom and friends are always telling me that I am still young, with life ahead, it is only the matter of how I will live it. Getting back to my hometown, after living permanently for almost 9 years elsewhere and seeing practically all my colleagues married, with children already and close to their families brings sometimes thoughts about being old, maybe doing something wrong. But at the same time I cannot imagine myself in such life, at least right now - after all years of self-depreciation (aside of experiencing the same from a lot of people in my hometown), I started making a life for myself away from that, being honest and genuine in my decisions and rolling eyes at all those 'do's and dont's' defining my small, narrow-minded town. So I am a bit of an independent gypsy, with weird interests and a very strong need of freedom, all by choice;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I feel like I just got Rick rolled :furious:

I am not one for Internet pranks but I wanted to do it to mark and important occasion yesterday.

https://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2018/03/09/today-in-music-history-rick-rolls-us-all

Thank You all for all the laughs and more sober, serious moments. This place really became 'my' kind of place where I don't feel like weirdo who can talk about FS for hours. I embraced myself and this particular interest more in this past year, I learned a lot from You, discovered new things and perspectives, not even connected directly to figure skating. I learnt that it is good to have dreams, plans, being passionate and engaged about something in my life - and with right approach, it is all reachable. In a week, I hope to be on a plane to Milan and enjoy every single skater I'll see, regardless of ranking and country. I think that it's partly due to this place and people so enthusiastic about the discipline I was motivated enough to let it happen.

You may laugh at me, seeing my age, but after passing 20 I always thought that I am old already - I was always quite a serious person, with 'old soul' as they say, with that narrow, miserable attitude towards basically everything, especially my life. Believe or not, getting deeper into figure skating, finding that interest, following skaters, discipline changed me a bit regarding seeing myself through my age - it added more colour, more excitement, just more of something to look forward to. And it helped me to get more open to other people, having more positive outlook on life, not being constantly afraid.

Happy birthday NNF! Enjoy that awesome gift to yourself of Worlds!

And as for the smug marrieds....you do you! I found with my friend that getting married came in three phases. The early 20s, the late 20s (which is when I ended up getting married) and then the 30s.

Mr. P and I had kids relatively late so we have a almost 3 year old while some of Mr. P's classmates (he's 5 years older than me; I'm 35) have kids graduating from high school and going to college!

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Happy Birthday! :party:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For all of you people that know about a segment on ESPN called "C'Mon Man!" for football bloopers, I made one segment up on my own as if I was talking about the International de France 2017.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
^ Winter can't end soon enough!

Winter forever! It’s far better to be cold than hot!

I think I have some form of reverse seasonal affective disorder. The longer it’s light out, the more miserable I am.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:hb: :ghug: :party2: :clapper: Happy Birthday No Name Face -- you youngster you!!!! Here's to another year of health, happiness, lots of good things, and lots of figure skating. Have a wonderful time at Worlds. I hope I will meet you while I am there.