Random Confessions | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I get annoyed sometimes when people complain about judging and saying the sport is going down the drain. I just enjoy it how it is.

I complain a lot, but I thought that judging was always biased, and I don't see how exctaly the sport is now going down the drain. To me nothing changed. Every sport that is judged will have controvercies, that's normal. So I enjoy it all the same :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I complain a lot, but I thought that judging was always biased, and I don't see how exctaly the sport is now going down the drain. To me nothing changed. Every sport that is judged will have controvercies, that's normal. So I enjoy it all the same :)

Exactly. I enjoy seeing skating. And I myself was in a judged sport (Competitive cheerleading) and so we know what it feels like. But I never complained...even when we got 5th place out of 6 teams (We still got a 5th place trophy though lol). We knew if we could have done better or not.

Man, this is making me miss competitive cheerleading.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Different people, same drama, same judging controversies that are getting just on another grounds, as new skaters are coming to the scene...the basic issue in all of this is being personally invested with those skaters, taking any discussion, not the sport itself, usually to the drain with especially arguments directed at skaters personally, like it is their fault what marks they are getting.

And as usual, the peaking is going to be at Olympics...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am the dumbest person on earth, I swear - botched my glasses just before going to sleep :)palmf:), but my opticians are THE BEST people ever!!! They got me in check, fixed the problem with interim part and ordered the original one to fix them for good:bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't even gotten to day 3 of my vacation photos yet, and I'm planning on spending this weekend shooting a mushing event... oy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's going to be negative temps this weekend and I'll be outside taking pics... ugh. weather.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found a boomerang in the park today and threw it as hard as I could and it didn’t fly back back to me like I thought it would. Apparently I don’t understand how they work :curse:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I found a boomerang in the park today and threw it as hard as I could and it didn’t fly back back to me like I thought it would. Apparently I don’t understand how they work :curse:

There's a certain technique. It's all in the wrist.

(Although if it was a cheapy rubbish one, or a decorative one, it probably wouldn't fly properly even if you did throw it right.)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Saran wrap and I have a tragic and unproductive relationship. Why doesn't it stick to the sides of things sometimes?:(:unsure::disapp::sad21::confused::palmf:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
If I ever would get a chance to dance with a skater I want it to be with Daisuke Takahashi.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Saran wrap and I have a tragic and unproductive relationship. Why doesn't it stick to the sides of things sometimes?:(:unsure::disapp::sad21::confused::palmf:

Pro tip: wet your fingers under a tap and then run them along the edge of whatever you're trying to put the wrap over (if you're trying to cover a dish). As long as you don't put too much water on it, that should make it stick.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Pro tip: wet your fingers under a tap and then run them along the edge of whatever you're trying to put the wrap over (if you're trying to cover a dish). As long as you don't put too much water on it, that should make it stick.

Okay.. I will try that.

My friends actually laugh at my inability to saran. It's sort of a running gag. More than once, when we used to run bake sales for our scout group, I've been banished from the Saran. Frequent comments include "How can you be this bad at this??" and "No one can see what this is anymore. Hand over the box and go help in the kitchen."

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
My roommate is in Singapore for 3 weeks visiting her brother and while I will miss her I am looking forward to having the house to myself so I can sit around in my pajamas, drink wine, and watch skating videos with no judgment...

I really know how to live.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am so drained from excessive travel that I wish I could hibernate until further notice. :bed::laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My roommate is in Singapore for 3 weeks visiting her brother and while I will miss her I am looking forward to having the house to myself so I can sit around in my pajamas, drink wine, and watch skating videos with no judgment...

Your roomie is gone for the whole Olympics? Sounds like paradise.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

I see nothing to judge with any activities you've written :devil: