Page 158 of 223 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2229

Thread: Random Confessions

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    It is snowing hard. In March.

1 Not allowed!
    ^ Sorry to hear that. Are you somewhere in New England? Be careful out there!

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    ^ Sorry to hear that. Are you somewhere in New England? Be careful out there!
    No, Ohio, and I don't have to leave the house until early tomorrow
    the first snow of the day didn't stick but I think this one will...
    here's to hoping the roads are bad enough that I can stay home tomorrow!!

3 Not allowed!
    ^ Winter can't end soon enough!

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer Metis's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Winter forever! It’s far better to be cold than hot!

I think I have some form of reverse seasonal affective disorder. The longer it’s light out, the more miserable I am.

2 Not allowed!
    Happy Belated Birthday to Nonameface!

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    Well...I am 28 today. Another year here, many posts later, many posts too long, too little time to see all of figure skating
    Happy Birthday No Name Face -- you youngster you!!!! Here's to another year of health, happiness, lots of good things, and lots of figure skating. Have a wonderful time at Worlds. I hope I will meet you while I am there.

1 Not allowed!
    You're in the east somewhere aren't you, iluvtodd? I know it's been pretty rough there!

Bona Fide Member cheerknithanson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Been doing some reflection on my life and stuff in these past few minutes. Getting nostalgic.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I am like you in that I am quite serious. But, although I think old, I don't think of myself as being old. So, I am finding it hard to get my head around somebody still in their 20's thinking they are old.

YOU ARE YOUNG, GIRL!!! Enjoy it!
    Absolutely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    Well...I am 28 today.

You may laugh at me, seeing my age, but after passing 20 I always thought that I am old already - I was always quite a serious person, with 'old soul' as they say, with that narrow, miserable attitude towards basically everything, especially my life. Believe or not, getting deeper into figure skating, finding that interest, following skaters, discipline changed me a bit regarding seeing myself through my age - it added more colour, more excitement, just more of something to look forward to. And it helped me to get more open to other people, having more positive outlook on life, not being constantly afraid.
    :

NoNameFace, age is, and always will be, only a number! I am 54 and my partner passed away nearly four years ago. That's enough to make you feel old sometimes.

However, if you stay young at heart, you'll never be really old. Being very serious about things and not making a joke out of everything is not a sign of being old, but being mature when it matters. That's different and a good thing.
    When I went to Europeans, I was mainly surrounded by young people in their 20s and it didn't feel weird one bit. I met a 17-year old girl I chat to a lot on social media and we both felt that we connected in a way that made us both feel we knew each other for a long time. Amazing!
    Every now and again I go for a long weekend with my mates of my age. We still get told off by other hotel guests for being too loud, or smoke secretly out of the bathroom window. My 50th birthday was just as much fun as my 18th, 25th, 30th or 40th were. It'll never stop if you won't let it.
    I can still party all night and I'm surely the loudest screaming fs supporter in the arena with a mega crush on my fave skater, who is half my age. He knows about it and gave me a special note. That is enough to make me happy and feel young again. Some of my friends had their kids in their 40s. They are healthy, happy and great to have around.

Never let it die, it's all for the taking. Forever. Onwards and upwards!
    Throw yourself into Worlds and have the most amazing time!

Page 158 of 223 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 208 ... LastLast