Random Confessions | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Just before I took my dog for a walk I spoke to her for about 5 minutes in French. I think her people might have spoken to her in french because she definitely knows the words for walk and good girl. Her name is Bella so that's really close to belle so my calling her beautiful got a big response.

I think my dog might be more bilingual than I'll ever be. Or multilingual because she speaks dog.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I really love airports, especially when I fly alone. I love being completely anonymous.

(I say this as I'm sipping wine in PDX on my way back to Michigan to visit the fam).

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just before I took my dog for a walk I spoke to her for about 5 minutes in French. I think her people might have spoken to her in french because she definitely knows the words for walk and good girl. Her name is Bella so that's really close to belle so my calling her beautiful got a big response.

I think my dog might be more bilingual than I'll ever be. Or multilingual because she speaks dog.

This reminds me of one of my uncles who had a dog named Shayna (which means "pretty" in Yiddish). He would speak to her in English, Spanish, & Yiddish, and she would respond!

Ducky

On the Ice
This reminds me of one of my uncles who had a dog named Shayna (which means "pretty" in Yiddish). He would speak to her in English, Spanish, & Yiddish, and she would respond!

My roommate talks to her cat, Max, in French. As Max is a cat it is hard to tell whether he understands her or just doesn't care.

My roommate talks to her cat, Max, in French. As Max is a cat it is hard to tell whether he understands her or just doesn't care.

Cats and dogs respond to the same command in multiple languages. It's behavioural, rather than linguistic.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When I have to talk to an insurance company about a claim, I find this story comforting:

Any time you think you might have trouble explaining the cause of some accident to your insurance company, cheer up, it could be worse. You could have had this accident, reported by the New London Day:
Senator John McCain told this story in his 1999 memoir, 'Faith of My Fathers.' :

"his father was in command of a docking submarine.

A young officer was at the controls and struggling to navigate the Thames River’s strong currents, McCain wrote. His father stood on the conning tower of the vessel, smoking a cigar, “not paying sufficient attention to his ship's progress.” However, McCain’s father — along with those who lined the Groton shore to watch, including McCain, his mother and siblings — soon realized the sub would crash.

As McCain's father attempted to call “all engines stop,” he choked on the cigar’s smoke. The submarine plowed right into the pier, toppling a lamppost — directly onto the McCain family car.

After order had been restored, McCain wrote, “my father went home with us and began a long and difficult argument with his insurance company over the credibility of his insurance claim for a car destroyed by a submarine.”
See! Anything you might have to explain is cake compared to "My car was destroyed by a submarine."

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I used to be terrible at spinning because of dizziness. Well, I got my balance/dizziness problems treated and am now rapidly improving. In fact, I got so overexcited about my newfound ability to ignore and push through dizziness that I kept spinning over and over until I went too far and fell. I now have a large, colourful bruise. No pain, no gain!

When I have to talk to an insurance company about a claim, I find this story comforting:

Any time you think you might have trouble explaining the cause of some accident to your insurance company, cheer up, it could be worse. You could have had this accident, reported by the New London Day:

See! Anything you might have to explain is cake compared to "My car was destroyed by a submarine."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

R.I.P. Mr. McCain.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get really excited when I see girls do things that the boys do and some think they can’t. Lizzie Armanto made history yesterday as the first female to complete the loop on a skateboard!! It’s really a monumental moment!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm98xWcgFzo/

I confess I get way to excited for this stuff. That girl has courage!!! :dance2:

Also....my dishwasher broke and I have dishpan hands today :mad:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
Just read through the "Who could pull off Candyman?" thread. I don't want to resurrect it at random, so I'll just say this here:

IMO, the only skater who could not only pull off Candyman, but make it amazing, is Evgeny Plushenko. Definitely as an EX, possibly in drag.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
I wish I could make a thread in The Lutz Corner where people could post pictures of their feet and say what kind of skates they wear. Then people could look for the feet that look the most like their own and have a better idea of what models/brands to check out. But... internet perverts...

Ducky

On the Ice
I wish I could make a thread in The Lutz Corner where people could post pictures of their feet and say what kind of skates they wear. Then people could look for the feet that look the most like their own and have a better idea of what models/brands to check out. But... internet perverts...

It would quickly become Quentin Tarantino's favorite thread.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nothing says college freshmen like going to a family friend's BBQ and being asked to give the seniors there college advice. :p

And nothing says Old Lady when all your family members ask you to edit their kids’ college application essays. :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Doubt it. I had an English teacher (11th grade) and a college counselor look over mine.

And I just found a bunch of poems I wrote post-2017 worlds about skaters. Anyone want to read?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Adopted a Papillion from the Manhattan NYC Shelter 3 weeks ago..his name was Rocky which I changed to Loki to which he responds well. He is black and white and understands Spanish!! My Beagle Charli isn't overwhelmed but has accepted him without fuss.. good because he was grieving when his little pal passed away late June. Loki is older.. between 10 and 14 so we have compromised with age 12... and has lots of serious health issues so is likely living on borrowed time but he is getting the best care .. seems he did not experience woods before and the wonder on his face during our first walk was a joy to behold. He got the hang of the pet door right away, did play bows from the beginning and has become a little diablo, getting into all sorts of mischief!!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I was really hoping that during my 4 days backpacking in the wilderness that Jason would have announced his LP music...

Figure skating fans have interesting priorities!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yesterday I booked hotel for Nepela Trophy - it is happening:):):)

I really need some positive distraction from my falling-like-crazy hair...Guess I wanted to fix my skin and I ruined my hair with treatment, go figure...