Random Confessions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Haha.....I made a comment about Karne's toilet swirling the wrong way and then looked it up and realized that doesn't happen. :laugh15::dbana:

:laugh2::laugh2:

Also, our toilets aren't weird like yours. They're deeper, with a much smaller amount of water in the bottom. The first time I walked into a toilet stall in America, I assumed it was broken because there was so much water in the weird shallow bowl.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
for some skaters I am a massive fan of, I mostly avoid their fan-fest because i don't like the vibe in their thread/the regular posters.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was guessing in my head what nationality posters are (judging by their posts etc.), but after the flag feature was introduced I discovered I was wrong in almost all cases :hopelessness: Serves me right, but I like there is more diversity than I thought :) (And I do know some posters feature flag which are not their nationality)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was guessing in my head what nationality posters are (judging by their posts etc.), but after the flag future was introduced I discovered I was wrong in almost all cases :hopelessness: Serves me right, but I like there is more diversity than I thought :) (And I do know some posters feature flag which are not their nationality)

Same thing happened to me. Like, I was absolutely convinced that one of the members was Japanese from their username. But, they were actually Polish!

Actually, I was surprised how many members we have from Poland. I actually thought that you were the only Polish member that we have had since Ziggy passed away. I would never have guessed we had as many as we do.

Same with the Hungarian members. I thought plushyfan was the only Hungarian on here, but it turns out there are quite a few!

Also, I thought I had sussed out all the British and Irish members. But, since the flags came up, I have discovered that some other members are British that I never would have guessed were. Such as the sorely missed Mao88 (please come back!!! We miss you!!!)

It just goes to show how multi-national this forum is. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

stella luna

Final Flight
Well, my ankles felt like wet noodles, very weak. I was only 10 or 11. Maybe, with proper supervision, I could try again one day.

That was probably your problem! Double-runners are notorious for being difficult to actually skate in.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I once saw (and used) a toilet where the water tank was see-through and had small aquarium fish in it. Only part of the water emptied out when it was flushed. The fish got pretty excited, but seemed unharmed by their experience. It was in a restaurant washroom in New Zealand.

My confession is that I think see-through toilet tanks with live fish inside are really neat!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I once saw (and used) a toilet where the water tank was see-through and had small aquarium fish in it. Only part of the water emptied out when it was flushed. The fish got pretty excited, but seemed unharmed by their experience. It was in a restaurant washroom in New Zealand.

My confession is that I think see-through toilet tanks with live fish inside are really neat!

This is terrible and very cruel. The fish was so stressed it would not survive. Besides the turmoil, which it might get used to, the sudden and frequent change of water composition and temperature, including chlorine that has not evaporated yet and depletion of ammonia eating bacteria in case of a regular aquarium, is very harmful and hard to get adapted to. Most fish suffer such stress by ignorant owners once every few weeks or so but this fish is subject to severe trauma with every flush, which is very frequent in a restaurant.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Technically I didn't have proper English education. I learned how to discuss in English from this forum.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My confession is I've tried all these buttons and the knobs once. :biggrin: Most modern homes in Japan have this kind of toilet. A lot of the public toilets are like this too.

I'm almost too afraid to ask what they all do.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, my ankles felt like wet noodles, very weak. I was only 10 or 11. Maybe, with proper supervision, I could try again one day.

My confession is that I started giggling uncontrollably at the mental image of "wet noodle ankles". Sorry!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I had a crush on Yagudin when I was young, so once I bought a nice bouquet find a courage and reached him after the competition with mouth wide open, flirting eyes and gave it ..as a result he patted me like 3 yo chubby kid and pinched my cheek.... It was the most awful memory for years but now I am laughing like crazy remembering it. :rofl:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I had a crush on Yagudin when I was young, so once I bought a nice bouquet find a courage and reached him after the competition with mouth wide open, flirting eyes and gave it ..as a result he patted me like 3 yo chubby kid and pinched my cheek.... It was the most awful memory for years but now I am laughing like crazy remembering it. :rofl:

Oh, do not even get me started...the day I met Max I was just getting on the ice...let's just say I don't generally aim to look fashionable on the ice. I was wearing skates, and he wasn't...I am 5'8" out of skates...he barely came up to my shoulder, and I'm sure my face was redder than a beetroot. :hopelessness:

Though that was marginally better than when I met Jason...after I had already been on the ice, so my hair, already suffering in Colorado's dryness and the odd American shower water, was in frizzy wisps all over the place! (Not to mention my classic opening line... "Hi, I'm Jason!" "I know." REALLY? I KNOW?! :palmf: )