Random Confessions | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
What are Ricarditos??

A sweet treat from Uruguay. They consist of a rounded waffle base and meringue, and then you cover them with chocolate. They usually are between 5-10 centimeters high. They are called Ricarditos because the bakery which created them was called Ricard. They are really tasty

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am SO very ready for vacation, but my bank account definitely is not... 47 more days. oy.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I baked like 40 Ricarditos in the morning, I was supposed to bake only 16. I don't what to do with the others ��

:points:, share the goodness and love!

I'm getting back on track on baking/cooking route after moving places - I planned an oat cheesecake with fruits and egg/veggie salad to make this weekend:)

*those above aside of 'usual' things: zucchini bread and lentil soup <3

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:points:, share the goodness and love!

I'm getting back on track on baking/cooking route after moving places - I planned an oat cheesecake with fruits and egg/veggie salad to make this weekend:)

*those above aside of 'usual' things: zucchini bread and lentil soup <3

Just curious: Are you a vegetarian NNF?

It seems you are always making yummy vegetarian goodies! :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Just curious: Are you a vegetarian NNF?

It seems you are always making yummy vegetarian goodies! :)

:), no, I'm just not a big fan of eating meat, it's all non-intentional, it may be due to the fact that I'm not really elaborate about my meals with meat: it's usually chicken or turkey grilled or baked with some veggies/potatoes, I try to mix meat with fish, adding eggs to get right protein amount; then I love dairy - yoghurts, cottage cheese etc., but heard a lot of opinions from doctors/dieticians that I should not eat it...

and sometimes it's all about recipe I got interested about - this week I reminded myself about this layered salad based on eggs, yoghurt, pepper, tuna, corn and few other things and got the buzz again:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^ I'm in awe of your culinary talents. :agree:

:):ghug:, thank You, cooking/baking and cleaning (lol) are my stress 'reductors' and food tastes more when prepared by myself, even more when shared with others, at least that's what I think:), and home-cooking just stuck to me since being on diets etc., now I cannot imagine constant take outs/eating in restaurants etc.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i was missing hearing the ISU trumpets so I am streaming short track speed skating from korea....

gosh the crowd is crazy and I know short track is the korean national sport, but i cannot imagine how it will be when it's time for the games....

korea just finished 1-2 in the ladies 1500... (canada 3-4) ... what a race... anyone planning to go to PC for figure skating should try to snatch some short track events as well... it wil be amazing.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
I wake up at the raw excoriated bleeding butt crack of dawn. I like it. It's still dark as **** outside and then stars are out. I get ready before anyone in my family is awake and sneak out the door. It is super cozy. My drive toward work is east and I get to see the sun start to rise. Sometimes it's foggy and that makes it even better! I get there by 6 and it's quiet and peaceful. Get some coffee before anyone else and I can sit in the office with just a lamp on. The night shifters give me the scoop as they leave. I can get a head start on the day and get stuff done before people start bugging me. Then all the 9-5 folks come in all chipper "good morning!!!" And it's like psssh it's almost afternoon for me I been here! Those folks are the "morning people" and I don't like them either. LOL

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am lying when asked about my Thanksgiving plans (I live across the country from my family). I keep telling people who ask me that I'm going to a friends house when I'm actually going hiking in the morning and am then going to celebrate in my gloriously empty house with wine, potato chips, and dessert.

I'm a major introvert so spending a day with a bunch of strangers isn't my idea of fun. I'm doing several fun things over the weekend with friends but have no desire to force turkey-day with someone else's family. This time of year is nice but can get overwhelming so I'm happy to do my own thing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am lying when asked about my Thanksgiving plans (I live across the country from my family). I keep telling people who ask me that I'm going to a friends house when I'm actually going hiking in the morning and am then going to celebrate in my gloriously empty house with wine, potato chips, and dessert.

I'm a major introvert so spending a day with a bunch of strangers isn't my idea of fun. I'm doing several fun things over the weekend with friends but have no desire to force turkey-day with someone else's family. This time of year is nice but can get overwhelming so I'm happy to do my own thing.

Oh fellow introvert I understand completely! I have to beg the family ever year to do a quiet meal at home vs going to one of our church's "community Thanksgiving". I hate small talk, I hate listening to people chew. I just want to eat my turkey in peace!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i just bought an all event pass for skate canada 2018.... : my xmas present to me from me ;) that's the way I roll when it comes to xmas as most people never get me what I really would like LOL.... self-pampering... :slink:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
i just bought an all event pass for skate canada 2018.... : my xmas present to me from me ;) that's the way I roll when it comes to xmas as most people never get me what I really would like LOL.... self-pampering... :slink:

I'm going to do the same thing for Skate America 2018...