Random Confessions | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Do you ever think that someone on here could be someone you know and you just don't it yet?

Yes.

Hang on, do you mean know from seeing them on TV, or know in real life?

There is one member on here that I always thought was a particular well-known skater. But after reading some of their posts from the past few weeks, I have now realised that this member is female rather than male! :eek::

Oops! :slink:

That's what you get when you read too much into people's usernames! :laugh:

Now I'm wondering who they actually are... :think:

There is one member on here that I do know in real life, but they don't post anything. They joined during one of those times where you had to sign in to read the forum due to strains on the server, because they wanted to watch a particular competition but couldn't find a working stream.

Although they haven't actually signed in since registering, I know that they do still visit the forum regularly.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haha, I meant real life. Like what if it's *insert name* on here that one keeps getting into disagreements with? that would be awful
what if it was secretly a husband and wife arguing and they didn't know?

Something like Mr and Mrs Smith, which I finally watched a few weeks ago (OK, so that is a little bit different to what we're talking about here.. :p )

Seriously, I am sure that happens all the time on the internet. But, it would be pretty funny if it was happening on here. Especially if it involved members who had very strong beliefs / opinions that were the exact opposite of each other.

I would love to see the reaction if they didn't know it was their other half, and then suddenly found out!

CaroLiza_fan

Mussique

On the Ice
Do you ever think that someone on here could be someone you know and you just don't it yet?

I would actually love this, but I haven't had much luck so far trying to drag people into Golden Skate.
They do like the posts of video compilations not geoblocked though :laugh:

My confession for today: I feel like I somehow deserve a badge for my 7h of mix between public transport and private bus companies, snow, rain, no sleep (thanks Olympics) just to sharpen my skates. :laugh:
All of this and then tomorrow I won't know how to skate anymore :drama:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Haha, I meant real life. Like what if it's *insert name* on here that one keeps getting into disagreements with? that would be awful
what if it was secretly a husband and wife arguing and they didn't know?

I think if a husband and wife were arguing here, they'd be arguing in real life about figure skating as well.

I don't think anyone I know well is on the board, because I do mention figure skating occasionally and no one is very interested. However, it might be someone I met casually. Someone in my exercise class was jealous when I mentioned that I had been away because I was in Vancouver for Nationals, so she might be a poster. But she'd not one of the regulars, and I'm not sure if I'd know who it was if I saw her again.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I don't think I know anyone on here. I do think I know someone of the skatingforum site though.

Also: my first afternoon patient cancelled and instead of doing actual work I am rewatching skating. :slink:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I would actually love this, but I haven't had much luck so far trying to drag people into Golden Skate.
They do like the posts of video compilations not geoblocked though :laugh:

My confession for today: I feel like I somehow deserve a badge for my 7h of mix between public transport and private bus companies, snow, rain, no sleep (thanks Olympics) just to sharpen my skates. :laugh:
All of this and then tomorrow I won't know how to skate anymore :drama:
Would a medal do?

:medal"

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I keep turning the volume up on my TV while watching Curling. To me it’s an essential part of the experience! 🥌

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get annoyed quite a bit when YouTube news channels report on figure skating cause more often than not, they don't use the correct terminology. Like they say routine instead of program or dance. I know not everyone is not going to know everything (Heck I for sure would be lying if I said I knew everything cause I sure as heck can't discern steps minus twizzles), but at least get the basics down!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I get annoyed quite a bit when YouTube news channels report on figure skating cause more often than not, they don't use the correct terminology. Like they say routine instead of program or dance. I know not everyone is not going to know everything (Heck I for sure would be lying if I said I knew everything cause I sure as heck can't discern steps minus twizzles), but at least get the basics down!

While I understand your frustration, those of us in the sport use some interchangeable terms like program/routine.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I understand your frustration, those of us in the sport use some interchangeable terms like program/routine.

Fair enough. At least it's not as bad when a WatchMojo.com video said the Shib sibs were pairs skaters.....that I was like "THEY'RE ICE DANCERS! NOT PAIRS! THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE!"