Random Confessions | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
My nephew had them regularly as a very young man... now much older they are a non-occurrence but it took lots of love and support from those in his inner circle, that and taking really good care of himself during those years, chosing a healthy lifestyle with focus on positive thinking about his future ... slow process but success in the end. Take heart, much love and hugs galore!! :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really love and rely on this little community of friends here at GS

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
On another note, I may have gotten myself signed up for a job interview with an MLM... :slink:

(If I work there for two months before going to college and never contact then again, is that fine?)

cohen-esque

Final Flight
On another note, I may have gotten myself signed up for a job interview with an MLM... :slink:

(If I work there for two months before going to college and never contact then again, is that fine?)
You’re non-salaried as an MLM so it’s easy to just get paid for your sales (by commission, right?) and leave when you want. Maybe don’t count on them for a glowing reference unless you mention you’ll be leaving soon, though.

I worked for two months before college, though not at an MLM. It hasn’t come back to haunt me. It’s been fine.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I--had a panic attack that lasted for 40-50 minutes, the longest I've ever had. And I couldn't even sleep afterward. I'm--tired. I'm tired of feeling like this. I'm sorry this isn't the appropriate place but can I get some hugs please..?

All the hugs in the world, please don't give up on yourself:ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Random confession time for me: I sold Pampered Chef for three months early in my career. I thought I would make some extra money on the side. It was fun to do the cooking parties, but I hated the whole sales/recruiting aspect. They do make some cool kitchen tools, though.

Also, before I left for college, I spent the summer working at two jobs -- a sales associate for Old Navy and data entry for a medical coding company.

I've never listed any of those jobs (either the pre-college jobs or the Pampered Chef gig) on my resume, so you won't either as long as you have other experience relevant to whatever job/career you're striving for.

Also congrats on your upcoming college admission!

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Some MLMs require you to invest a substantial amount in "inventory". You'll be lucky to get rid of it all in just two months.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am holding my breath as I watch these young men being rescued from the Thai cave. I am not claustrophobic, but -- yikes! It's amazing what can be accomplished when people work together. 5 rescued so far -- keep up the good work guys! :pray:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say I'm happy that the GOE was expanded to +5 and -5 considering Papadakis/Cizeron were max out on stuff. It'll do well for ice dance considering there's not much variety in the points for elements.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random confession time for me: I sold Pampered Chef for three months early in my career. I thought I would make some extra money on the side. It was fun to do the cooking parties, but I hated the whole sales/recruiting aspect. They do make some cool kitchen tools, though.

Another random confession. I love Pampered Chef! :scard7:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Just finished cooking 5 kilos of Dulce de Leche, I'm pretty proud of myself :biggrin:.
And now, to study Statistics!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
??? what's an in-car???

Good luck!

I assumed that she was talking about her first driving lesson. But, that was only a guess as I haven't come across that phrase either.

If it is, all the best Spirals!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
??? what's an in-car???

Good luck!

Like CaroLiza_fan said, it's pretty much an actual driving lesson in the car. Basically, the instructor comes to your house in the driving school car, and you drive them around for two hours.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Like CaroLiza_fan said, it's pretty much an actual driving lesson in the car. Basically, the instructor comes to your house in the driving school car, and you drive them around for two hours.

Did he have a big black dog in the back seat?!! :biggrin: My instructor brought his dog with him every lesson (a Neuf, I think)... he would feed the dog potato chips (crunch, crunch) while we were coasting along.. and if I braked too hard, the dog would slide off the seat and land on the floor (thump) and the instructor would say to me "Awww, see what you did to Goody?!" :shocked:
Best of Luck!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did he have a big black dog in the back seat?!! :biggrin: My instructor brought his dog with him every lesson (a Neuf, I think)... he would feed the dog potato chips (crunch, crunch) while we were coasting along.. and if I braked too hard, the dog would slide off the seat and land on the floor (thump) and the instructor would say to me "Awww, see what you did to Goody?!" :shocked:
Best of Luck!!

How could you do that to poor Goody :hopelessness: