Food and adult beverages! | Golden Skate

Food and adult beverages!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, it looks like we wont starve or die of thirst!
I am thinking Flying Saucer, Yard House, McFaddins, The Dubliner, Gorden Biersch.
Any thoughts?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

It is always a bonus to have good places right next to the arena. And enough of them so that they dont become overwelmed when 200 people leave the arena at once looking for food......
I will be very interested in the turnouts for the events. I look for San Jose to be very high.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is always a bonus to have good places right next to the arena. And enough of them so that they dont become overwelmed when 200 people leave the arena at once looking for food......
I will be very interested in the turnouts for the events. I look for San Jose to be very high.

Only 370 odd days to go, lol. Not making it to KC, but San Jose will be so exciting!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Only 370 odd days to go, lol. Not making it to KC, but San Jose will be so exciting!

The official start is Dec 29 so less than a year (for me....I need to get away from winter and Frisco is better than Spokane)
San Jose will be bitter sweet...great venue, great hotel (unlimited bacon) easy walk to arena...and a train to Frisco......beats shoveling snow!
But I can think of oh so many that might retire after the next season in the US....oh the memories!

mrrice

Record Breaker
When will tickets go on sale for 2018 Nationals?? I'll definitely be there..

waxel

Final Flight
(Sorry this is off topic.) I have to miss KC but already planning for San Jose. Weird schedule though... the Spectacular is scheduled for MONDAY night. Really?? :confused:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(Sorry this is off topic.) I have to miss KC but already planning for San Jose. Weird schedule though... the Spectacular is scheduled for MONDAY night. Really?? :confused:

Sorry to not have you on board this year. We have been kicking around what the heck is happening at San Jose...and its not pretty. Especially throwing the junior short programs under the bus and shipping them off
to a cold dark hard seated rink that makes one look through hockey shields...four miles away.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
No way, really! So disappointing, looks like the USFS put it to the Novice skaters this year and thought what could they do to top that - so they assigned the Junior sp to the frozen tundra next year. Oh well, maybe next yr skip the juniors and put a couple of more rounds in at S.

waxel

Final Flight
Sorry to not have you on board this year. We have been kicking around what the heck is happening at San Jose...and its not pretty. Especially throwing the junior short programs under the bus and shipping them off
to a cold dark hard seated rink that makes one look through hockey shields...four miles away.

Nope. Appalling. Just can't imagine I would ever watch skating through hockey shields. :whack: (Even if adult beverages are available at the crappy rink 4 miles away!)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Nope. Appalling. Just can't imagine I would ever watch skating through hockey shields. :whack: (Even if adult beverages are available at the crappy rink 4 miles away!)

I will gently voice my disproval to the San Jose table at Kansas City. They will blame the USFS. I will then go to the USFS table and they will blame the KC table.
The reality is of course that this was all hashed out during the bidding and inspection process long ago. Its just that no one wants to take ownership of this dead cat.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I noticed on google maps that there is a place called Whopper Bar in the P & L district. It seems that this is a special Burger King restaurant with a limited menu and BEER! Hmmm sounds interesting.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I noticed on google maps that there is a place called Whopper Bar in the P & L district. It seems that this is a special Burger King restaurant with a limited menu and BEER! Hmmm sounds interesting.

We shall keep it in mind if we are short of time between events....!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
From the USFS site:http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2017-prudential-uschamps17-competition-central/

"The Power & Light District is adjacent to Sprint Center. Several restaurants will offer F&B specials Jan. 19‐22. Prior to 5 p.m. at McFadden’s Sports Saloon, Pizza Bar, Cleaver & Cork, No Other Pub and Leinenkugel’s, receive 10 percent off food, $3 Miller Lite/Coors Light, $4 Select Cocktails and $5 Premium Cocktails. After 10 p.m., Leinenkugel’s will also offer BOGO food items."

Too bad that beer special couldn't be for Boulevard or one of the many KC Craft beers

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
From the USFS site:http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2017-prudential-uschamps17-competition-central/

"The Power & Light District is adjacent to Sprint Center. Several restaurants will offer F&B specials Jan. 19‐22. Prior to 5 p.m. at McFadden’s Sports Saloon, Pizza Bar, Cleaver & Cork, No Other Pub and Leinenkugel’s, receive 10 percent off food, $3 Miller Lite/Coors Light, $4 Select Cocktails and $5 Premium Cocktails. After 10 p.m., Leinenkugel’s will also offer BOGO food items."

Too bad that beer special couldn't be for Boulevard or one of the many KC Craft beers

Just got that! As a beer snob, I wont give my opinion of Lite beers, but a nice margaritta sounds good!