2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have no stream, but I remember a tidbit of information about Camille Ruest. David Pelletier was skating at the rink where Camille's mother was a coach when Camille was born. So David remembers Camille from the time she was pre-born.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ruest and Wolfe I have seen before. I liked them. New team.

More beatles music done by nonbeatles (Something in the way). Double twist well done, SBS triples toes well done, Tracy likes them as a pair (well matched she says), Nice lift, Nice throw. Wow. They are on tonight. Unison slightly off on the SBS spins, Tracy is a fan of Drew (he's a former hockey player), Nice death spiral (but you have to take the David Peltier deduction for ending on a spin)
I
s it wrong that I'd rather see R/W be ahead of KTM/MM (not because of Kristen-I just can't get behind MM as a partner until he goes at least 3 competitions in a row without lifts coming down or crashing twists)?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
64.58. Good job.

SC will wait to see how S/B are before naming the world team. Probably after 4 CC. I wonder if that means they are going to send S/B to 4 CC.

rain

Record Breaker
Ruest and Wolf were excellent! They need to upgrade their double twist, which is pretty small, but the jumps were spot on and they have beautiful matching lines. I love seeing new teams who are this promising.

TGee

Record Breaker
64.58 for Ruest/Wolfe...

This looked more like their Cup of Russia / Rostelecom GP outing. Hope they can deliver the FS as well.

Love the look of this new team....but thought Jones/Reagan were great at Challenge, and they won the US International Senior B Challenger. They should also be pressing on Moore-Towers/Marinaro

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You can't expect too much from a 6 month partnership unless they are Chinese.

In that case, success is always a given. Unlike knowing their correct year of birth. Some things are just meant to remain a mystery.

It's probably all my fault, somehow.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I still haven't figured out what this program has to do with a song about heroin addiction...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am sad that S/B aren't here. S/B and I/M are my faovurites.

Jones and Reagan are such a good looking pair skating to Under the Bridge (Excellent choice). Decent triple twist (low catch), got the SBS triple toes (done well), Nice lift, good speed and ice coverage, Good throw, well landed, decent synchro on the spins, nice step sequence, ending on the death spiral deduction. Very well skated!

Under the Bridge is a great song..but so darn depressing. I don't think I'd want to hear it as often as you'd have to to skate to it.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Guys, you really need to slow it down with all these rapid fire posts. I can't keep up with this madness. Goldenskate is going to crash any second now. The whole internet might crash along with it.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
At least ancientpeas is supplying a need for those suffering from severe live-stream withdrawal symptoms. There's not much those of us who have no stream can say, except snippets from previous David Pelletier commentary.

ericka141

On the Ice
Clean for MT/M! I've always been a fan but this SP has gone way better than last nationals hahah.